Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

I apologize for the long downtime. I am still working on this, and will be putting a combat test up tonight. The goal is to find as many issues as you can with combat.

After that, I will take the server down and keep it locked as I work on content. The goal is to revamp a majority of the things that make the game less fun, such as slow travel and lack of quests or things to do. I'd like to thank the few people who logged on and helped deal with me and my silly code.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:57 AM
kylekurth
Sarnak

So, giving some input. I have 300 in Blacksmithing but not in Tailoring. If I see anything else I will give somemore feedback. Thanks again for the best server on EMU!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:29 PM
kylekurth
Sarnak

What ever happened to this server?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:14 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

secrets for you , he hosts up a server , week or two he brings it down , then 8months later , hell re do it , bring it up for 2weeks ,
he claims his mind isnt "stable " enough
Old 07-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmaster View Post
secrets for you , he hosts up a server , week or two he brings it down , then 8months later , hell re do it , bring it up for 2weeks ,
he claims his mind isnt "stable " enough
Nope. It's because people didn't want this server enough.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:20 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I didn't find it particularly fun, but I know you were still working on it. Since the last thing you posted here before it disappeared was that you were still working on combat and a revamp maybe people were waiting for you to finish.

I can't speak for others, but my opinion is to wait before investing any serious time in your servers because I know it may be wasted when they disappear. Perhaps others feel the same way and if it had been up for longer they might feel safer giving it a chance.

You have some interesting ideas, so I always take a peek when you bring a new server up, but until I feel one might last a peek is about all I'll risk.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:24 AM
Karayrem
Sarnak

Looks like he taken over a server where ppl can really play on. The Vallon / Tallon Zek Reloaded.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:52 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

yeahh secrets i can understand you , but name 1 server u actually kept up for longer a month? , servers require time to bring the server base to it , for example , EZ server , that started with low numbers and worked up

okaii Storm haven , when that first started there was maybe 2 or 3 people online at any time for a while , then bam it shot up

Word of mouth is what bring a server , most people will stick to their server they play on untill a friend mentions something
Old 07-18-2011, 11:37 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Nope. It's because people didn't want this server enough.
Ive always supported your servers bigtime. i love the work you do.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 07-20-2011, 06:04 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

bowmaster, no. Just... no.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

The server is back and better than ever? When will it be up for me to test run it? I remember the one from a couple of years ago with the awesome LDoN stats and the gear that had like nothing to it lol.... running around nude because gear was simply... not needed. Hub was like Echo Caverns or something.... Anyways, would love to see what has come of your server in the last couple of years...
Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

hes brought it down for good again, cause there was onl 10ppl playing lol
Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Kingmen30264
Hill Giant

Well that sucks. I really wish that it was brought back up. I didn't know it was up or else I would have been on it playing...........