Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:28 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Default Compile errors on frest git pull

I pulled the latest source code and regenerated (with c-make) then recompiled (MS Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Desktop). I got 5 errors:

Code:
316 error C2059: syntax error: '{'   file=worlddb.cpp,  line=118,  Project=world

317 error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '{'  file=worlddb.cpp,  line=118,  project=world

318 error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '}'  file=worlddb.cpp,  line=118,  project=world

56 error C2233: 'entries' : arrays of objects containing zero-size arrays are illegal (..\..\common\patches\rof.cpp)   file=rof_structs.h,  line=4739,  file=common

75 error C2233: 'entries' : arrays of objects containing zero-size arrays are illegal (..\..\common\patches\rof2.cpp)   file=rof2_structs.h,  line=4748,  file=common
I am doing the build RelWithDebInfo, Win32. Any ideas if I am doing something wrong or if these are legitimate errors in the code?
Old 02-21-2015, 12:42 AM
Greyhelm
Sarnak

Pulling the new git and will compile and let you know shortly what I get.

Using C-make and MVS Ultimate 2013, 32Bit

Code:
102 error C2233: 'entries':arrays of object containing zero-size arrays are illegal (C:\EQ\Source2015\common\patches\rof.cpp) rof_structs.h line 4739
121 error C2233:'entries':arrays of objects containing zero-size arrays are illegal (C:\EQ\Source2015\common\patches\rof2.cpp) rof2_structs.h line 4748
153 errorLNK1104:cannot open file '..\..\bin\RelWithDebInfo\common.lib' LINK export_client_files
154 errorLNK1104:cannot open file '..\..\bin\RelWithDebInfo\common.lib' LINK eqlaunch
155 errorLNK1104:cannot open file '..\..\bin\RelWithDebInfo\common.lib' LINK import_client_files
164 errorLNK1104:cannot open file '..\..\bin\RelWithDebInfo\common.lib' LINK queryserv
165 errorLNK1104:cannot open file '..\..\bin\RelWithDebInfo\common.lib' LINK sharedmemory
218 errorLNK1104:cannot open file '..\..\bin\RelWithDebInfo\common.lib' LINK world
518 errorLNK1104:cannot open file '..\..\bin\RelWithDebInfo\common.lib' LINK zone
Cleaned solution 2 twice with same results.
Not sure why I am getting Link errors.

rof_structs.h line 4739
Code:
/*004*/ VeteranRewardEntry entries[0];
rof2_structs.h line 4748
Code:
/*004*/ VeteranRewardEntry entries[0];
Veteran Rewards has something to do with claims I believe which was the last update. But don't take my word for it. Looks like I get the same errors.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:19 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Thank you. I recompiled on the 16th and it did fine. I tried last night and got the first three errors I listed above. Tonight I get those five.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:16 AM
Greyhelm
Sarnak

Last build I did was the 3rd.. Had no problem with that one either. Recompiled it to make sure and 13 Succeed 0 failed.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:17 AM
Uleat
Developer

The first 3 should be taken care of..I'll pass on the last two

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-21-2015, 02:23 AM
Greyhelm
Sarnak

Just curious Uleat, what was the problem in the VeteranReward string? the [0] was supposed to be something else? Or am I totally off the mark.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:25 AM
Greyhelm
Sarnak

Nevermind you said your passing on the last two which are the Veteran ones..
Old 02-21-2015, 02:46 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhelm View Post
Just curious Uleat, what was the problem in the VeteranReward string? the [0] was supposed to be something else? Or am I totally off the mark.
It actually wasn't a string, because it's not null terminated! But basically I was just using the structs to avoid magic numbers, so commenting them out is fine since I wrote the encoder in a way that didn't use them, GCC/clang have no issue with 0-length arrays in the middle of a struct, but VS did. VS/GCC/clang have no issue with a struct ending with a 0-length array, but VS did if they were chaining 0-length arrays, which there was. All of those scenarios are illegal by the standards though. Although C99 (which C++11 includes) allows a struct to end with an incomplete array definition for a "flexible array member," although I'm not sure if VS can chain those ... Also, we abuse the fuck out of the case that is not standards compliant but works in all three major compilers :P

I was really hoping testing with 2 of the 3, one would yell at me :P
Old 02-21-2015, 03:19 AM
Greyhelm
Sarnak

Just trying to understand so forgive my iditotic questions.. I assume since I took your advice and commented the rewardentries out. My link errors went away also. Which means my common.lib was never created so that was why the LINK errors showed up? Not pretending I know the first about what I am tlaking about since I am learning on the fly.