Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Default LOTR - The Years of Trees seeking developers / Gms

The server is back up and I started working on it again.

If anyone wants to help with the developement or GM let me know. GMs arent needed quite yet cause the server isnt done.

Developers are.

Looking for people to

Make spells
Balance Gameplay
Code PVP
Quests
Make items
Create Mobs
Spawn Zones
Make mobs move

Let me know if your interested
Old 05-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Still seeking developers and scripters pst
Old 07-04-2011, 09:57 AM
madpuppy
Fire Beetle

I have enjoy this server but as of lately I cannot log in.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

dunno why you cant log in, i went in like 3 days ago and 2 people were there and i could log in
Old 07-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Melandril
Sarnak

I tried your server the other night. I got to level 6 and then went back to trying to figure out how to compile the source code....

I would like to encourage you to keep up the good work I know the server is new, so anything not perfect yet is something that is probably a work in progress.

1) The optional Jaggedpine quest was something I almost missed and appears to be the first part of the story progression.
2) Since you're using Norath to play as Middle Earth, it was unclear how to get to Elrond (in Felwithe). Do I run across Norath like I would on old Live? Do I port there? Is there a special zone line up through Jaggedpine?
3) I tried a Zerker and found that the armor drops in Jaggedpine were very light on Zerker gear and heavy on Wiz, War and SK drops (with other being roughly equal and less frequent). I'm sure the drop rate is set to random with all items being equally likely, so, instead, I would recommend you give players items to use in either crafting or questing. Since it looked like you were going to do some custom crafting, it might make since to let the Orcs drop 6 newbie crafting items (or 1...since it seemed like every kill was supposed to have a good chance of gaining newbie gear) and then teach your players how to craft gear.

Anyway, not sure if any of that was helpful, but for what it's worth, those were the things that I remember from last night. I love custom content servers, and I would love to come back in a month and see how you've polished your content
Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Well i havent been working on it, because of severe illness,

now i found out i have a severe strep infection and cant take antibiotics and there is a very real chance I could die from it, it that ends up being the case I will upload my database and exes and anyone interested can continue my work
Old 08-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

Still sick, suffering from strep, something causing bad headaches, my l5 lower back is acting up, my thyroid and adrenals are still messed up. Gonna be going through withdrawl the rest of this week until i get to a pain clinic.

Then hopefully i will be able to begin working on my server again

still looking for help
Old 09-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denburxx View Post
I'd like to help out as a GM or item maker/zone spawner
definitely welcome, zone spawning is the biggest obsticle for me atm.