Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Xothos
Fire Beetle

Default WTB Progression Server

I love the Project 1999 server and what they are doing, keeping it all super legit, limiting bots and the such. But I would love even more if someone made a true progression server, because I really enjoyed the PoP expansion (minus the EZ port books), but P99 won't be going to that expansion :-(

Plus i'm sure the a progression server here would beat out SoE's ones anyday
Old 07-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Doing a progression server but not EQ based, lotr and other universe based, if i ever get finished :(
Old 07-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Robregen
Developer

I could do one as I'm currently working on making the db more manageble starting with classic contents. Only problem is that I am on a tight budget and I can't afford a dedicated server at this time. Hopefully sometime this year or early next year I can release a progressive livelike server or at least modern livelike server.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Xothos
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robregen View Post
I could do one as I'm currently working on making the db more manageble starting with classic contents. Only problem is that I am on a tight budget and I can't afford a dedicated server at this time. Hopefully sometime this year or early next year I can release a progressive livelike server or at least modern livelike server.
That would be awesome! Now would you be starting it in Classic and say opening Kunark as certain criteria is met?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 PM
ItchybottomX
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robregen View Post
I'm sure plenty in the community would be willing to host such a project (including me.) If you require something more private and yours, VolumeDrive.com has decent uptime, good peerage and is cheaper than anything I've seen in a while.

You might also talk to BuyVM or similar high-uptime VPS providers since they offer offloaded MySQL usually for next to nothing ontop of your plan. Good I/O through-put, and a slice just big enough to host your world and zone servers.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:27 AM
phorest
Sarnak

Dutchmaster's progression server is pretty fun. A small population right now. EXP seems a little faster than P99, not "fast" just not at the super snail's pace. They did leave in some things p99 has taken out. Some times i think are better, like the easier trade skill combine for known recipes. pet buff windows are in etc. etc. Check it out.