Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:50 AM
Nelnel
Fire Beetle

Default Bot spell graphics

First off, thank you all for all the amazing work you have done! I've used EQEmu ages ago and it's really awesome to see it is still progressing.

I've had lots of fun running around with bots, but I have a couple questions...

I noticed graphical spell effects only show when the bots cast them on me. But when the bots in party buff each other or nuke/debuff enemies, there are no particle effects on them at all. Is that normal behavior or is there something wrong somewhere?

Also, one of my bots is a wizard, and oh my god they just LOVE to spam that 30 second damage shield buff don't they! I saw someone else mention that and yeah... It is quite a pain considering the wizard is constantly oom before fights even begin, hah. (but considering the previous issue I can't even tell IF or WHEN they land nukes anyway)
Old 07-20-2017, 06:05 AM
Nelnel
Fire Beetle

Just wanted to follow up on this:

So after some more playing I realized that spell effects issue wasn't just bot related, but happened with other players as well. And after a lot of searching and not a lot of information I finally came to the conclusion that the issue is client related.. I was using RoF2, and instead moved to an Underfoot client, and now everything is peachy, I can now see other players/bots nuke mobs and buff themselves.

So I'm just gonna leave this here if anyone else ever runs into this issue.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:04 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=252000
Old 07-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Nelnel
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast View Post
Um.. Thanks, that is one of the only things I DID find. But that wasn't it. I COULD see spell effects AND sounds, just not when OTHER players/bots cast them on other players/bots for some reason.

The only bit of relevant info i found was this:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/a.../t-207856.html
Old 07-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Nelnel
Fire Beetle

Omfg I'm mad haha, I found the issue. It's because for some reason in the Options menu, Filter tab, "npc spells" and "pc spells" defaulted to off. I thought that only affected chat but APPARENTLY NOT. It affects the spell graphics/animations as well!

So NEVER MIND, if anyone else who just got a RoF2 client runs into this, make sure to toggle that on!