Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:28 AM
dasgood
Fire Beetle

Default My head hurts...

So I have been reading a lot lately because all of this is very interesting and I am amazed how much work you all have put into this /clap

So I have read most of the player guilds and after reading a bunch of post new and old I have some questions.

1) Whats a liget server .. assuming a server that doesn't have any custom patches?

2) Are people lvling up or do GM's give you lvls?

3) I have read things about casting spells .. do you have top buy them?

4) How can you trust that these servers will keep running? I am on one of the preferred servers and I hope that means it should be stable and around for a while.

5) Are there other commands like the #peqzone ? << I love this .. I cant explain how cool this is.

6) I saw something about a lvl cap as well as lvl 130 ...

7) I have read that some servers have all the content up to Velious .. and some up to GoD .. whats the deal with this?

So far as I said that I am really enjoying myself .. I loved EQ up to PoP .. I actually like some of pop. I like that people will randomly pop into my zone and give me gear. I also love the fact that I have new characters (alts)that haven't been poluted by years of playing a high lvl cleric.

Glad to be part of this!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:03 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

1.) a legit server means no commands are permitted to players to summon items or to lvl up ect.

2.)most servers the people lvl themselfs weather it be the normal way on a legit server or the lvl command on a nonlegit server.

3.)Yes you have to buy them on legit servers but on non legit you might be able to summon them.

4.) you can't trust them to stay except for PEQ and other preferred server but that is only PEQ atm.

5.) i dunno

6.)there is a server that had that lvl cap but it was all custom. PEQ or any other servers i think the lvl cap is 60 or 65 some might have upped it to 70

7.) content up to velious would be PEQ database content with luclin and some others up to GOD (but not fully populated to GOD) would be cavedudes Database. Also people add there own content to which ever database they have.

Last edited by tallerin; 11-15-2005 at 08:05 PM..
Old 11-15-2005, 12:44 PM
bluejam
Hill Giant

5.) Try #help. It shows the available commands.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:22 AM
dasgood
Fire Beetle

So I am trying to get one of my friends to start playing again and he has asked me the following which I really don't know...

Do people raid?

Do people get epics?

It seems like a lot of things will never happen all based on population. I really don't mind if I ever raid anywhere but it would be so cool if I could. It seems that most people are very friendly but how do you ever get anything done? I am trying to consider what will happen once a get some more levels. How hard will it be to get a group in Guk? Seb? How about killing Trak or Tov raiding? I see that there are some higher lvl guys on my server and I know you can solo or even dual box your way to 65. I am using this as a chance to re-live some old memories and have some fun. I am afraid that my friend is a little more high strung than myself and needs to raid and take down cool stuff.

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Hello, here this is the eqemu forum, not a particular server site.
Differents servers = differents rules and world.
Try to read this forum and found server like you want.
Or waiting GM publicity after your message (go go go GM !!! )
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.