Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:43 AM
KingMort
Banned

Default Apologies

I apologize for being rude in the forums..

The Eqemu community must survive..

I don't want to see it split up , DIE or otherwise... Think we all need to stick together in these times...

Jordan "King" Mortenson
Owner - www.raidaddicts.org
Old 04-11-2009, 12:05 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Speaking only for myself, but -- forgiven.

EQEmu's not going anywhere, and I think that everyone here is really trying to do what they think is best, even if they go about it by different routes. We'll get it sorted out. I know PEQ's hardware upgrade is happening over this weekend, so that will be good news for them. Hopefully the hosting solution here works itself out soon, and everything will flow a little smoother.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Aergad
Banned

I am a bit confused by the lack of hosting change for eqemulator.net personally.

di dKLS not recieve plenty of donations prior to her removing the donation link, i think the last thing said was over 1000 dollars which is more then plenty to purchase event he most kick ass dedicated server around. so what is being done with all that money is my question.

It only takes about 24 hours for a hosting company like ev1 to build a dedicated box so what is the holdup on it?

If the money isnt being used for the reason it was asked for it should be returned imo
Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 PM
So_1337
Dragon

I'm not sure where you pulled that figure from. In any case, the donations were returned and the donation link taken down once it became obvious that the login server issue around here was put into even further flux.

The primary problem hasn't been getting a new dedicated box installed, but rather getting all of the credentials switched over from Doodman's control to KLS'. The last we heard, we're still waiting for that to happen.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Aergad
Banned

the server its on is ancient the plan was to get a new box and move it to that box the credentials of the current box would therefore be irrelevant.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:46 PM
FonzoRelli
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
I apologize for being rude in the forums..
The Eqemu community must survive..
I don't want to see it split up , DIE or otherwise... Think we all need to stick together in these times...
Jordan "King" Mortenson
Owner - www.raidaddicts.org
couldn't say it better myself^^

we can all benefit from each other here, and when we work together, the overall winners are the players and the EQEmu community as a whole
Old 04-14-2009, 11:14 PM
KingMort
Banned

I am VERY confident in both KLS as a person, and confident that this will bounce back soon enough...

Everyone just has to stick together in these hard times and we will prevail..

Jordan "King" Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 04-15-2009, 12:47 AM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

I too think that we should keep together as a community, because in the end that is all we really ever have guys....that and the pvp available at VZ/TZ

Null "Banhammer" Pointer
VZ/TZ Dev
Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 AM
KingMort
Banned

I still want to duel you !!!

hehe but yes good thing your with us man

King
Old 04-15-2009, 03:20 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aergad View Post
I am a bit confused by the lack of hosting change for eqemulator.net personally.

di dKLS not recieve plenty of donations prior to her removing the donation link, i think the last thing said was over 1000 dollars which is more then plenty to purchase event he most kick ass dedicated server around. so what is being done with all that money is my question.

It only takes about 24 hours for a hosting company like ev1 to build a dedicated box so what is the holdup on it?

If the money isnt being used for the reason it was asked for it should be returned imo
Does it really matter that much as long as both the forums and LS is considerably more stable than it was previously? KLS does indeed have access to the current host now. Though, I don't know what all that includes. Since she got access about a week ago, the LS has been much better. While you may think this entire matter is simple, I am positive that it is much more complex than you would imagine.

As I said in the last update I gave, people don't need to worry about donations. They will either be used to handle new hosting, or they will be returned I am sure. They are in good hands. We will know the plans for them soon enough.

I don't know what the status is for KLS's access. Maybe she still needs database access to be able to pull down the SQL, or maybe some other type of access to be able to get the move rolling. Or, there could be some other hold-up. Whatever it is, I am sure that they are working on a solution.

Most likely, KLS has all of the access she needs now and they are still working to finalize the new setup before making any changes. People need to be able to register new accounts while things are being finalized, so as long as it isn't too impacting to the LS, I don't have a problem with things remaining as they are while the rest gets worked out.

Either way, I am pretty sure that registration will have to be handled a bit differently. My guess is that a simple registration page will have to be setup on the LS host to handle all registration and the forums will become completely separate from that system. I believe their new LS setup is still in the works and having to finish that as well as a new registration process takes time to get it right. So, just have a little patience.

I am sure you didn't donate any money personally, so it is really of no concern of yours anyway IMO. I would be willing to guess that most (if not all) people who actually did donate, have faith in KLS and are willing to wait patiently for the results. The issues with the Login Server are coming to a conclusion and will be fully resolved once everything is finalized.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 PM
number6
Sarnak

Well, I did donate and despite not using the public LS any more thanks to the private server I'm more than happy for KLS to do whatever she wants to with the donation. It's the very least I can do for the enormous amount of work she (and others of course) have put in over so many months on the project, which is in better shape than it's ever been.

Just thought I'd post a non-drama message to balance things out a tad

Paul.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Even a company as large as Sony had destroyed their boats to the point that they could not be repaired. At least this boat is still floating and will continue to always do so even if the waves may get a bit rough at times.

Power to the EQEMU People !!!

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VallonTallonZek View Post
I too think that we should keep together as a community, because in the end that is all we really ever have guys....that and the pvp available at VZ/TZ

Null "Banhammer" Pointer
VZ/TZ Dev
secretly advertising your server?? lmfao!! you are cool i like you haha just for that ill play on your server haha