Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:23 AM
KingMort
Banned

Default Found a Great way to get new players

Hey folks...

I hate for me and SOD to be the only real eqemu servers on this list

http://www.xtremetop100.com/everquest

You can get your servers on there as well and have your players vote for your server..

Chances are PEQ and VZ would kick my arse for votes

It has helped to get MANY players on my server to come.. I usually get a tell a week about folks wanting to learn how to do things and when I ask they learned about my server form this listing...

It's Easy and Free...

Kudos to Wraithsong aka Jed for referring this service to me..

King Mortenson
Owner - www.raidaddicts.org
Old 04-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I think the reason why you have a few extra players is because you're still on the preferred servers listing. This is 'eye candy' for any player who's new to the Login Server, and looking for a place to play - 'Preferred' will make them think your server is better.

If I were to ask anyone for advice, it would be the owner of the the one called "Dragon Soul" - he always has far more than any of you all, and is located down in the "Festivus" listing.

I guess some things will never change.

Last edited by Angelox; 04-27-2009 at 03:41 PM..
Old 04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
KingMort
Banned

Wow

Lol , I posted this because I am getting massive amounts of tells and emails from new players who heard about the server FROM THIS LISTING..

It's really a good thing for the community even if they do come to RA first they will end up going to other servers in eqemu..

And I guess your not aware that the owner of that server is Chinese. I do have Chinese players I will ask them to ask the owner to see if he wants to be on the green list... Doodman ect usually needed the person to contact them directly. Perhaps I can work it out shrug..

I do have lots of Chinese friends

King
Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 AM
KingMort
Banned

BTW I did some research

They are showing 109 online .. An easy way to see if that is true (with exception of zoning people) is to go on and do a /who of each class

With 109 players showing online on this server I got these results

Warrior 5
Cleric 5
Paladin 4
Ranger 8
Shadow Knight 1
Druid 3
Monk 8
Bard 3
Rogue 2
Shaman 4
Necromancer 0
Wizard 5
Magician 7
Enchanter 0
Beastlord 0
Berserker 0
TOTAL: 55

There are some server sources that have this BUG .... I'm not sure why it happens but it does.. Still 55 players is quite a few even if they are all boxing still maybe worthy of a Green Title.. I will contact their admin hopefully soon, had one of the Chinese players email him with my email and hopefully we can figure that out.. Though in the end it's all up to whoever gives out that status.. I can only help with communication at this point...

King
Old 04-27-2009, 01:00 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Neither /who all <class> or /who <class> will show anonymous people.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:03 PM
KingMort
Banned

Right only if you have some type of status on said server..
Old 04-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

/who all [zone] will, so if you made hotkeys /who alling every zone, you could.

Except you'd miss everyone in Akheva and Veksar for reasons far beyond my comprehension.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:18 PM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

Since this got shifted into a population discussion, just out of curiosity, what do other servers typically cap their boxing limit to? I know for VZ/TZ you can account for about 60% of the actual population number to be blood pumping bodies while the rest are just boxed toons.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:55 PM
trevius
Developer

Dragon Soul is Chinese as has already been said. They do not participate in the EQEmu community at all and for that reason alone, I think that is why they will not get green server status. The green status has certain requirements that must be met for servers to get on it. Right now, we don't really have an easy way to get servers added to Preferred Status. Hopefully once the new changes coming to the LS and to the website, we will have better ways to get the Preferred list updated.

Once we are able to actually manage the preferred list, I am sure we will come up with some criteria that servers will have to meet in order to get on it. There may also be some sort of criteria to meet to keep from being removed from it.

Here is what I would personally suggest for required criteria to be a Preferred Server:

1. Average Uptime of 98% or higher
2. Average of 50+ players on during peak times
3. Server must be established for a minimum of 3 months
4. Server (or Server Management) must be at least somewhat involved in the community.

And here is what I would suggest for criteria to remove Preferred Server Access:

1. Server is down for 1+ months straight
2. Average Player count during peak times drops to 5 or less
3. Server Owner and/or Management gets banned from the EQEmu forums (permanently)

Of course, exceptions could be made in certain cases depending on the circumstances. If there was a good reason for a server being down more than 1 month, then there is no reason to remove it's Preferred status. Or if a server staff member went crazy and did something to get themselves banned which was out of the control of the server's owner, I don't think that would require the server's status to be removed. But, if multiple members of a server's team was causing issues and/or getting banned on the forums, I think it should definitely be considered to remove their server's status. Just another way to make sure people keep themselves in line and out of trouble.

And from what I have seen, Dragon Soul does get more players than others during the Chinese peak times, but PEQ and VZ/TZ still get at least as much as they do during western peak times, if not more.

Oh yeah, and a very large amount of the people on Chinese servers keep roleplaying or anon on at all times. So, it is very hard to tell for sure if they actually have those numbers or not, but I bet they are legit numbers.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
KingMort
Banned

Good stuff Trev..

Yeah our Boxing limit on RA .. To answer that question is 5... But even with that being said... 5 Is max total max for players and their family members..

PEQ I heard allows Autofire.. so we started to allow it but now i'm having second thoughts....
Old 04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
trevius
Developer

I forgot to mention that I think the top100 list idea would be cool if it wasn't flooded with advertising and false server info just to generate even more advertising traffic.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

Trevis, the topic of this post is soooo 18 hours ago, can we please get back off track please?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:18 PM
KingMort
Banned

haha

right but it has for sure gained us players
Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Can I have legends yet?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
4. Server (or Server Management) must be at least somewhat involved in the community.
I think you should empathize on this - But here we go, "pipe-dreaming" again ;
Quote:
Once we are able to actually manage the preferred list,
If this hasn't happened yet, it's because somebody is playing you for fools. I can't think of one good reason for passing your LS over to, aside from jerking you around, or keeping a few friends happy because they want to do nothing, and stay on top.
I'll would even speculate you all are slaving for a few people that do nothing, but stand to somehow profit from all of this.
A lot of you in this project work very hard and are very dedicated, you don't deserve things like this. You are very loyal and I hate to see people taking advantage of you.
I really appreciate what you all have done, but I'm not fighting any wars for any sleazy, deadbeat generals that stay hidden behind the lines, and never show themselves.
You don't need their LS, you can make your own and you know it.