Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Halomarine99
Fire Beetle

Default Zippzipp Funland server...check it out

I believe this server needs more attention than its being given, at one time this was a booming server but it has been only about 14-16 players on at high peak times, with only the dedicated players being on.

please check this server out, its a progression based server with quests to flag yourself and your friends through the expansions. its a semi solo/group based server

also there are bots up to 5 going through the expansions

check it out for a fun new experience

zippzippemu.com

you can check my out in game under Chum
Old 10-12-2013, 01:35 PM
surf3001x
Fire Beetle

Once you hit elemental planes and PoT unless you have 2 people boxing numerous toons with full bot groups you won't get too far.

If Zippzipp tuned the content down some it would be alright and 1 person could handle this.

As is you need 5-6 characters each playing geared full bot groups to do this and even then its not guaranteed. A lot of the cleric bot commands don't work and you just end up dying anyways.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Fadedspirit
Sarnak

I quit playing awhile ago because he couldn't solve the zoning issues. Every now and again you will get infinitely hung-up zoning through zones and you have to relog. Couple this a couple 20-30times a day and you end up quitting within a couple weeks. I quit in about 3weeks, had lots of money and cap level toons :(.

Zipp just said he couldn't fix it, or it wasn't his issue since he wasn't multiboxing. (even non-multiboxers had the issue, btw, just for multiboxers it was multiplied effect).
Old 11-13-2013, 11:46 PM
dulavo
Fire Beetle

While I usually don't play a necromancer, I have decided to revive this thread with something new and refreshing to say. It is my hope that with this post, some new life may be brought to Zippzipp's, which has, unfortunately, taken a dive in terms of numbers (but not quality). I find this to be unfortunate because, as a veteran EQ player who has been playing since Classic, I feel that Zippzipp's is one of the best, if not the absolute best server that EQEmu has to offer. I want some new friends to explore GoD with, some new friends to help experience the wonder that I have experienced playing through Zippzipp's progression.

Both of the above posters are incorrect in their posts. Allow me to explain.

First, the content is tuned just fine. I think there is a very healthy balance between how much solo content there is (a lot) and how much group content there is (not much, but very pivotal). This isn't meant to be an entirely solo server, let alone a solo game. However, I am currently in GoD as a completely solo player (as in, I do not box multiple toons). I have had help on some parts of Ele and Time, as well as occasional early game bosses. I have also soloed Xegony and Coirnav, hearing tales of others almost soloing Fennin. With work, ingenuity, and skill, a lot more is doable than some are inclined to think. This isn't a roflstompomfg easy server, but it also isn't p99. It is a healthy blend of challenge and enjoyment, solo and group. You get to experience nearly the entire scope of raiding from each expansion, going back to zones you never thought you'd go back to, and killing bosses that once made you want to pull your hair out and some you may not have even killed. I have never been more addicted to playing EQ than when I started playing on Zippzipp's.

(Side note: if anything, the content needs to be tuned up so there is a bit more longevity to the server, so people don't get bored. Mind you, this is coming from someone who has 17 days played over the course of a couple months. It isn't that fast, but it isn't terribly slow, either, but regardless, I am here to stay)

Second, these zoning issues that the above poster mentioned no longer exist or are a client-side problem, not server. It has not happened to me once, and trust me, I've zoned a lot.

Skilled, dedicated players go far on this server. With a little help, the entire world Zippzipp has recreated is available to you. Zippzipp's used to have amazing population numbers, but I feel that with even 10-15 more consistent people playing, Zippzipp's would flourish as the great server I know it to be.

I am Sunlight. If you want to give Zippzipp's a try, I will be more than happy to help you get started, help you if you get stuck, or just run around Crushbone with you for giggles. If I am not online, I might be on Vakkar or another alt, so feel free to /ooc and ask if I am around.

Server Description:
Max level 65. GoD enabled.
Task/Quest/Hit List based progression through GoD.
Solo friendly. Solo is rather challenging, but completely manageable for skilled, dedicated players. Events that can't be soloed easily are often much more manageable with 2, sometimes 3 people.
Fast exp/aa, but not instant level 65. You'll need to spend time exping and getting gear to be able to progress further.
Custom (but difficult) quests for 1.5s and 1.0s (which allows you to get epics for your bots, too).
Boxing allowed but not necessary to progress.
Send me a tell in game if you have any other questions!

Sincerely,
Sunlight

tl;dr?

Give Zippzipp's a try and I think you will be glad you did.

Last edited by dulavo; 11-13-2013 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: Added Server Description
Old 04-18-2014, 08:43 PM
oshnapple
Fire Beetle

Default Problems

There's absolutely issues with zoning/zoning from death. There's way too many people having issues with it, for it to just be a client server. Not to mention, I have personally tried every single EQ emu client, and still get the same results: About 30% of chars will crash on death. It's pretty lame. But there's a solution. Don't die. If I don't die, I won't crash. And if it was truly a client issue, it would happen on every server, which it, obviously, does not.

This server is filled with bugs. More bugs than any other server I've played on, and the best part is there's basically no support. For any issue, Zipp, if he's even around, is usually unhelpful.

Beyond all of this, it's still my favorite server at the current time. It's balanced, difficult, but rewarding. You have options to beat any battle, you just have to do it. I like the mix of bots for those that don't like to box, and the allowed ability to use MQ2.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Beechie
Fire Beetle

I, my daughter and son in-law enjoyed playing on Zipp. It is my all time favorite server unfortunately the lag was so bad it made it impossible for us to play together which was the whole point of us all getting together on one server.

It was a great place to relax and just enjoy playing but once we got into the higher content where we needed to form a raid it made for very stressful disappointing situations where we wouldn't even know if we were credited for a kill (due to lag & dropping from the server) til we relogged and ran back to PoK to check the task mob for updates.

Zipp is helpful but usually afk, his newbie introduction (through quests) is well thought out and doesn't leave you hanging on where to go next. I would still be playing as well as the rest of my family if the Zippzipp server didn't lag out so badly. I could even tolerate the crash on zoning.

Another thing lacking is a server forum. Zipp if your out there and have addressed the lag please post..I'll be back quicker than a gnome can pick a copper off the floor. (Chiclets)