Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 02-10-2016, 12:16 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Arrow DiscordEQ - OOC <=> Discord Chat

Discord is an all-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

tl;dr: This tool takes Discord and makes it able to communicate with everquest's OOC chat. It can be accomplished without needing to restart your EQEMU server.

You'll need: a static zone and the know-how of adding a quest script. very basic SQL understanding. how to edit the eqemu_config.xml file. The ability to follow instructions.

Instructions are rough, but are here: http://xackery.github.io/discordeq/.

I have no guarantees this will work for you, feel free to post issues on the github.

You can join my discord server by following this link > here < and talk for other support.

Picture:

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-10-2016, 02:16 AM
zerjz3
Banned

We use this on Sanctuary, and love it! It's great being able to read and talk ingame from my phone wherever I am
Old 02-10-2016, 07:15 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

The rule name should be "PlayerLogChat"
Old 02-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Updated, thanks for the catch.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-10-2016, 07:45 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Sure Don't suppose you can tell me specifically which roles and channel permissions the relay account needs, can ya? I can't seem to pinpoint it and I get this annoying echo when it does work.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I'm at work, but I can maybe help. Shoot me a discord invite?

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I'm working on improving this with a method that lets you cause broadcasts to go into discord #channels beyond just normal OOC style.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 04-07-2016, 02:31 AM
zerjz3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
I'm working on improving this with a method that lets you cause broadcasts to go into discord #channels beyond just normal OOC style.
Did anything ever come of this idea?

Is there any chance of getting the source to this? Reason I ask, I have changed the name of the 'out of character' channel on my server and would like to update my discordeq.exe to append something other than 'OOC' to the player name in Discord
Old 04-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerjz3 View Post
Did anything ever come of this idea?

Is there any chance of getting the source to this? Reason I ask, I have changed the name of the 'out of character' channel on my server and would like to update my discordeq.exe to append something other than 'OOC' to the player name in Discord
The source is on github. https://github.com/Xackery/discordeq
you'll need Go to compile it, I was working on the custom channel support.

When you say you changed the name of the out of character channel on your server, are you referring to the discord server channel? If so, you can simply edit your eqemu_config.xml file to redirect to the new channel id.

As far as the OOC prefix change, yeah, that'd require a recompile of the source since I hard coded it for the time being.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 04-07-2016, 04:27 PM
zerjz3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
The source is on github. https://github.com/Xackery/discordeq
you'll need Go to compile it, I was working on the custom channel support.

When you say you changed the name of the out of character channel on your server, are you referring to the discord server channel? If so, you can simply edit your eqemu_config.xml file to redirect to the new channel id.

As far as the OOC prefix change, yeah, that'd require a recompile of the source since I hard coded it for the time being.
I actually changed the in-game ooc channel to be called "general chat" so yup I will have to edit and recompile - thank you much for the source!
Old 04-07-2016, 05:42 PM
zerjz3
Banned

So here's what I've done.... in eqstr_us I have changed the string for "out of character" to read "in general chat" , which works fine to change how /ooc appears ingame.. instead of Zerjz says out of character, now it says Zerjz says in general chat.. great. Perfect!

These messages are still being parsed in Discord like always..

What DOESN'T work now, is Discord->EQ ... and I can't figure out why. I've searched through the source files of discordeq and I'm not finding any strings that say "out of character" for me to simply change to say "in general chat" , which is what I suspected would be my fix. I'm also not at all seeing where "OOC" is being appended to player names in the Discord channel. What am I missing here, Shin?

http://imgur.com/PvbWyub
Old 04-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Most of the heavy lifting for Discord=>EQ is done on the script.
The script is parsing entries in your qs_playerspeech DB table.

First check if the table shows your discord chat in it. (It should have a From field entry of !discord). If those are in the DB, it has to do with the script file.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

New update on this, version 0.4

You can now set itemlinks if you have an alla clone, and it also now uses telnet, meaning setup is easier, and performance is more realtime

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 01-30-2017, 08:11 PM
SouthernOgre
Fire Beetle

*edit*
As is appropriate, I tested again without any change and I no longer receive that error when sending a message from discord into ooc.

However, the messages still do not display in game. Looking at the eqdiscord window, it looks like it succeeds.

Hi Shin,

Really cool tool. I'm a big fan of Discord, and having this integration is a really great way to bring a server community together.

I'm having some trouble setting it up. I can get the ooc chat to appear in Discord, however I cannot get Discord chat to appear in game. The error I'm receiving is:

Code:
[discord] Error getting roles: HTTP 403 FOrbidden, {"code": 50013, "message": "Missing Permissions"}
Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated!
Old 03-27-2017, 01:35 AM
atomic
Sarnak

I think i have this 99% working but my problem is my speech in database is always empty. I have chatlogging = true and i'm restarted server many times. Could this be disabled in akka's build even if rules have been changed?