Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Old 05-21-2019, 10:02 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Smile NPC models not updating

Hello,

I finally got the EOC working and I am amazed at how easy it is to use! With that said, I cannot get NPC's to update their 3D models correctly.

I am able to change the NPC's name with no problems, but whenever I select any model other than the NPC it was meant to be (for example, changing a decaying skeleton to a pegasus) my NPC's just spawn as humans instead. It's almost as if a ton of 3D models are missing from the install.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried a ghoul, cazic thule, and a ghost but they all just create humans when I restart my server.

Please advise! Thanks =)
Old 05-21-2019, 11:36 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

I've not messed around with this too much but I believe it has to do with global models and what models are preloaded for each zone. You could try adding them to the global model config. If that doesn't work try using a different client.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:34 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Smile Solved

I figured it out! The NPC race, gender and model type have to match.

For instance, I wanted to change a decaying skeleton in Greater Faydark to look like a unicorn instead of a a decaying skeleton. To do this, you have to log into EOC, use the NPC editor, find the zone you want to edit, search for the NPC you want to update, click Edit NPC, then change it's model, gender and body type to match what an actual unicorn from another zone (such as Lesser Faydark) would have.

To make sure my settings were correct, I did a search for the zone Lesser Faydark, found the Pained Unicorn and looked at it's model, gender and body type. I matched those with the unicorn I tried to create in Greater Faydark and it worked. I now have a fanciful unicorn in Greater Faydark instead of a decaying skeleton.

This was all just a test to see if I could swap out existing character models with other character models from different zones. It was not obvious to me that I needed to update the model AND gender AND body type before it would actually load properly. I did not have to add or update any client side _char files for this to work.

If you do not update the gender/body type in EOC, it will just display as a human.

I will continue to post new things I find as I develop my server and hopefully it helps others avoid some pitfalls.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugglegenerator View Post
It was not obvious to me that I needed to update the model AND gender AND body type before it would actually load properly. I did not have to add or update any client side _char files for this to work.
Depending on what your globalload.txt file is populated with, one can still run into human races in zones. Without entries added to that global load, some races won't appear in a zone they are not usually in. For example, some of the PoT models will show up as humans in the PoK, no matter hard you try with race, gender and bodytype. But there is global load files posted in these forums somewhere to help the client see many of those races anywhere.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:02 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

1 = Female
2 = Monster

The bodytype has no effect on the model displayed, bodytype is used to determine Bane Damage of an NPC. So if you have a sword with Bane Dmg: Giants. It will only do that extra damage to NPC's with the Bodytype: 4 - Giant. It also is used to make NPC's Untargetable by the player Bodytype: 11 - Untargetable, among a handful of other things.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-25-2019, 11:57 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Default Thank you

Thank you for the posts =) I didn't realize either of those things! I will experiment and see what I can do.