Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:54 AM
Kobex
Fire Beetle

Default The Dark Exile - Going Online Friday, May 22nd at 10PM Pacific time (GMT-7)

I'm excited to be able to open up a new server to kick off the holiday weekend in the US. I'm currently in final preparations and will be unlocking the server at 10PM Pacific time.

The Dark Exile (TDE) is a casual-friendly, self-progression server.

The key features are:
  • Start with access to only the original zones with a level cap of 50. Defeat key raid mobs in each expansion to unlock access to the next expansion.
  • Expansions through GoD are available at launch. OoW will be opened after additional testing.
  • Reduced mob power so most raid mobs, including progression targets, can be defeated by a single group.
  • Support for a full group per IP plus 2 support (8 clients max per IP).
  • The standard casual-friendly features: Autoscribe/autoskill on level up, no death penalty, XP rate increase, greatly increased out-of-combat health/mana regen, and so on.
  • Greatly reduced raid target respawn time.
  • Removal of raid XP penalty. A raid of 6 gets the same XP as a group of 6.
  • Central hub with custom translocators for all supported expansions along with other helpful NPCs.

See the full server information summary here: http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...o&worldid=3105

We'll be celebrating the opening with a 50% XP bonus until Tuesday. If the ruleset sounds interesting to you, come join us! I don't have a website up yet, but you can find the spell files and other server information in our discord channel:
https://discord.gg/szT3qdN

As for the source of the server name, it was the name of the guild I was in on The 7th Hammer server back in the day where I played Kobex the monk.

Also, if the some of the non-progression ruleset sounds similar to the Visions of Grandeur server, that's no coincidence. VoG is an amazing server and I spent a good year and a half enjoying it immensely. It is really the inspiration for TDE.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:14 PM
Ice83861
Fire Beetle

Thanks for putting this together mate. Love the idea. Its got the old EQ flame going again! /bow
Old 12-29-2020, 04:12 AM
Voltage
Fire Beetle

Such a great server thanks for all your work Kobex.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:01 AM
Cado Travers
Fire Beetle

Server is A+! If you like Progression server's this is the one the server goes from classic to GoD! You can box up to 8 and if you want to play 1-3 that's totally fine people are friendly and will help out. Can't recommend enough!
Old 06-28-2022, 03:24 AM
Cado Travers
Fire Beetle

New Server Website https://www.thedarkexile.com/ The server has been popping lately...come join us!
Old 07-17-2022, 04:38 PM
Korrupt2
Fire Beetle

Thanks again for the server, loved that i could solo Naggy as a 50 SK. The community is constantly buffing everyone in PoK and its just all around fun.