Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 PM
LogansRun
Fire Beetle

Default Best Server to Single Box On?

I've never been very good at Multi boxing and i usually find it pretty boring. Which server would I have the most success soloing on?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

I've played on quite a few servers over the last 6 years on the emu, and the best server I've found for soloing has been The Irreverent Server. It is, as it states, The Solo Server.

That question is kinda loaded though, as not all classes are ideally suited for soloing. That being said, you have a better chance soloing on Irreverent's server than on most all of the other servers on here. If you haven't already, give it a try...
Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 PM
LogansRun
Fire Beetle

I did check out Irreverent at one point. Seems like a nice server but the difficulty seemed similar to live. Is there a point where things start to level off?
Old 06-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

If i getmine back up The years of trees is great for soloing/dual boxing, its all soloable except for raidish content
Old 06-12-2014, 06:49 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogansRun View Post
I did check out Irreverent at one point. Seems like a nice server but the difficulty seemed similar to live. Is there a point where things start to level off?
Yes...after about 20 you'll notice a significant difference. Also, as with the game and any game in general, the gear makes the difference. I would start off doing your starting city newbie armor quest and then go from there...basically, in the end you will be able to solo much of the content, though having a healing / buffing box makes life much easier...
Old 06-12-2014, 07:43 AM
sunbeam
Sarnak

I think one big thing that could be done to enhance soloing is to remove the summon ability from mobs. That is a cool ability, and a few mobs here and there it is neat for them to have.

But they wound up sticking it on tons of things. My take on it was so that mobs WOULDN'T be soloable using the tactics that a lot of soloing classes used.

That doesn't help the original poster at all honestly. But if anyone has a server, and they want it to be doable by small groups or soloable, well I have always thought summoning was a cheap tactic, one implemented because they were too lazy or didn't have the time to code some other mob behavior.

The same with all these mobs that can't be rooted or snared. It is appropriate for some, but not to the extent that you encounter in game. Once again I think it was done to limit the ability to solo much of the game.

I see no reason why garden variety mobs in BoT should be able to summon. Maybe it's just me though.

I think these things were done for a reason on live, that makes little sense on low population emu servers.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

You may like Leetsauce Productions. Most of the content is toned down to allow soloing, though as someone mentioned above, not all classes are created equally in the soloing-department, so some may find it a little harder than others.

P.s. Removing summon is a decent idea for trash mobs.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:00 PM
neomicah
Fire Beetle

Yes you would like Leetsauce productions. The server is very solo friendly. If you decide to join send a tell to Neoyoda and ill invite you to our guild The Goonies. Were the largest one on the server and go out of our way to help people get accustomed.

PST. In need of paladins if your feeling froggy
Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 PM
dabestbro
Fire Beetle

ive recently started playing on leetsauce and i like it so far

i hate multiboxing so this server is easy enough to do stuff without having an army of 10 wizards to do your bidding

if you need help hit me up on Jewpon, im not very wealthy or high level but i can share some knowledge
Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 PM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

I was thinking of trying the server out...the "buying your gear" aspect is an interesting idea. and one that makes a lot of sense. it's real world / Final Fantasy in the sense that the best armor you would be able to get would be made or bought, and not dropped off of some festering hag...
Old 06-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

To be fair, the custom content on the server does have npc's dropping good loots(think Ultima Weapon in 7), as well. But primarily it's based around the merchants.

Check it out, TMoney. We would be happy to have you and plenty of helpful people that will help get you to where you can hold your own at minimum, myself included.

The reason I like talking about server is the fact that I enjoy playing it myself as a player with no #commands. I love EverQuest, and this is my favorite way to play it.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:29 AM
Skittz1
Fire Beetle

Leetsauce is a blast man, I highly recommend giving it a shot. It's completely sucked me in . If you decide to try it out, look up Skittzy in game. I'll hook you up with some weapons and an xp pot or two to get you started.

That goes for anyone looking to try out the Leetsauce server. Shoot Skittzy a tell in game, let me know you're new to the server and I'll help ya out with something to get you started.

P.S. Leetsauce is having a double xp weekend for Father's day. It's a great time to try things out!
Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

beta of my server is up YearsofTrees beta 4.0 i think its called check it out.

By way my server is lord of the rings/angel tv series/ff7 based progression, pretty fun lots of custom quests and gear, thanks to davood for helping me get it running again and hosting it
Old 06-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Wahnd
Fire Beetle

Can I progress from Classic to POP solo on Leetsauce? Including raids? I play on The Irreverent Server, but I play very casual (< 3 hours a week), and I feel like I need to box on Irreverent.

I would love to solo the content quicker. (see what I missed)
Old 06-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

You do not HAVE to box on Leetsauce Productions. Most classes are fairly balanced. Come check it out and see the stuff you missed =)