Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News > General::News::Polls

General::News::Polls Polls for the front page.

View Poll Results: Favorite Server Type
PvP Only 226 8.05%
Mostly PvP, Some PvE 216 7.69%
PvE, Optional PvP 1,111 39.55%
PvE Only 1,256 44.71%
Voters: 2809. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Fatboy5706
Sarnak

FV-PVP server prz

Old 09-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Fatboy5706
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mghargh View Post
I've had Enough problems with PK'ers on several other games online. Having the main part being PvE with the PvP being optional in my opinion is the best of all. Having one or more rectums camping a chokepoint JUST to kill other players, usually without warning, is a total game spoiler for me.
thats why you roll around with homies on dubs packin gats

Old 11-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Although a PvP server may be fun for some, I personally would not play on one. I love the traditional PvE play and have a blast at it, whether going to the Oasis to hunt Lockjaw or taking on the SH in Slaughter.
I had 5 accounts on the Sony live servers, but since I found this nice little home server, I have no use for those accounts anymore. I set my server up to be exactly like the live servers, just without the monthly cc bills and without player interference. Works for me
Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 AM
roundersriot
Fire Beetle

I get bored way to fast with straight pve servers... Plus if someone is annoying as hell or camping a spawn constantly, it is nice to be able to go up and make em go splat
Old 02-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Nerva
Fire Beetle

Optional PvP for me.

And not 'optional' as in 'you miss content unless you submit to PvP' (the idea of lucrative "PvP only" zones irks me). I mean totally optional, with no bearing on your PvE performance if you decide to skip over PvP entirely.

I don't like PvP. I understand that there are those that do, though, and they should be able to express their need to dominate others somewhere. I just don't want to see it or be subject to it.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 PM
wesman_74
Fire Beetle

PVE with PVP only when I get drunk.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:51 PM
sineroth
Fire Beetle

Default Duh

PVP all the WAY
Old 04-24-2011, 10:10 AM
LordRahl86
Fire Beetle

RvR.

EQ is a better game, but DAoC had a much better PvP system than any game out there.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
OldenGray
Fire Beetle

Thumbs down if only

if only you could still buff/heal and be buffed /healed after you turn in the book to priest of discord by players who choose to not pvp and vice versa we could all play on one server
Old 10-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldenGray View Post
if only you could still buff/heal and be buffed /healed after you turn in the book to priest of discord by players who choose to not pvp and vice versa we could all play on one server
This is a very old thread, and it probably wasn't worth necroing, but why not...

It would be nice for PVE/PVP to coexist like that, but it would be entirely unfair. All you need to have is a high level priest class to constantly heal/buff you during PVP fights and you win. Yes, the other person could technically have the same advantage, but the PVE healer cannot be attacked, so it's simply an unfair advantage.

Perhaps this would work if there was an out of combat timer; say if someone flagged for PvP attacked another player flagged for PvP, the attacker couldn't be helped by any PvE players until out of combat for X amount of time. The defender could be helped until he attacked back, and then he too would have to be out of combat for a while before others could heal/buff him again.

This is a very simple way to make it work, and similar solutions exist in other games.

Without someway to negate the unfair advantage, I wouldn't suggest combining the two game types in the way that you've described.