Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Default EOC 2.0 Released & Other News

EQEmu Operations Center for Development

Apparently releasing EOC 2.0 in its own thread wasn't enough to let people know because in this one week alone I've had people asking me when 2.0 will be released. But check it out because some of the tools are amazing.

Please read this thread and go to the Wiki page that I fully describe everything encompassing EOC 2.0 (Developers toolkit).

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38925

As I describe on the Wiki page, EOC 2.0 is simply another development tool, some are very amazing and effective at what they offer. All in all you can use this tool and the already well established PEQ Editor without having to install anything yourself, just follow the simple directions that have been written in the Wiki article.

Quote:
The purpose of EoC is to provide rapid server development tools that may or may not be available through other mediums.

The goal is not to replace or duplicate effort but to make an extremely effective creative medium to develop and manage server's and their content respectively
EOC Wiki Page: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_O...elopment#tools

To answer the question, "Will EOC be open sourced for development?" - The answer is yes, I will Github this project, but only a standalone deployment for 1 user simply because I don't want others doing hosted EOC setups when there already is one. When I get time to address the things I need to address and push it to Github I will.

This will also unlock a can of worms for others to make modules and tools for it as well if they wish.

If you have any questions respond to this thread or the one linked above please.

Worldserver Registrations

• If you are not intending to advertise information regarding your server, such as the website URL or the description of the server on the server list, IE you are running a development server - you do NOT need to register your server for it to function or appear on the Loginserver.
  • I just got done going through about 20 registration PM's and we have about 75 EQEmu servers on the Loginserver currently

Ornamentations

• Ornamentations have finally made their way to EQEmu with the work of Natedog and Drajor

Active Projects
  • Trevius is currently looking at Mercenaries to see what we can do to get them stable/usable
  • Uleat is working on various fixes as usual and working on the massive Inventory code conversion in the smoothest way possible
  • Kayen implemented target rings with some opcodes and information from Lecht
  • Akkadius to implement de-blobbing the player corpse
  • Akkadius working towards automatic database versioning and upgrade method
  • Addmoreice working towards simplifying the DB API and getting rid of RunQuery, as well as simplifying other API portions of the EQEmu code.
  • KLS and Akkadius continue working on a HTML5 websockets real-time communication framework with the EQEmulator server in the 'web_interface' branch of github SEEN HERE

EQEmu Server List
  • The server list page now shows new servers that are both unregistered and registered on the list now. Thanks Rogean.

Navigation Bar Links
  • Updated commonly used reference links on the navigation bar

Georges Tools Updated

PEQ Database Dump
  • For a while these were broken, not exporting all tables correctly because the script broke due to large changes in the database schema lately, this should be good to go again per KLS

Magelo Updated

• Maudigan updated his Magelo build to reflect the recent large change in how characters are loaded/saved, to note his announcement, all of the Magelo is currently completely functional
  • Link - http://mqemulator.net/downloads.php#charbrowser

PEQ Mac (Al Kabor)

Update:

Quote:
Robregen: Well we had a breakthrough on the netcode. Thanks to Secrets. He's still refactoring it to further improve it. We open up the Iksar and Vah Shir starting cities and area.
Still moving along nicely although we still have a ways to go. Hoping to open up beta sometime early next year
Quote:
Speedz: The official Mac clients have actually been able to connect, up until this point its just been the PC client version with recent netcode changes. OSX still needing some work.

Far less desyncs and overall issues since Akkadius' character deblob overhaul. Seems to have alleviated a lot of odd issues, overall we're heading in a great direction.
Recent EQEmu Changelog

Quote:
== 11/11/2014 ==
Uleat: Third attempt at a fix for GM trainer zone crashes... (this is starting to look like a KLS fix...)

== 11/10/2014 ==
Uleat: Fix for GM Trainer crashing server (really!)
JJ: Yellow faction messages.

== 11/09/2014 ==
Kayen: Implemented support for spell target type (45) 'Target Rings' on Underfoot (does work earlier expansions). Thanks to Lecht for figuring out the op_code side.
JJ: Implement new Live-like faction adjustment message using rule Client:UseLiveFactionMessage.
Optional SQL: utils/sql/git/optional/2014_11_09_LiveFactionMessages.sql

== 11/06/2014 ==
demonstar55: Tracking default sort will now be correct order
Trevius: Fixed dynamic merchant list loading. Allows any merchant to be used in any zone.

== 11/03/2014 ==
Secrets: Fixed an overflow in melee lifetap calculations (int16 vs int32)
Secrets: Fixed overflow on AC and ATK values that can go out of range.
Secrets: Merc/Bot fixes for previous updates.
Secrets: Changed a lot of int16s for stat-related functions to int32 because they were causing combat formula overflows (int16/int32 mismatch).
Secrets: Linux fix?

== 11/02/2014 ==
Akkadius: Added out of range checking for Spell Save/Loads

== 11/01/2014 ==
Trevius: Fixed potential crash related to Pets/Mercs buffs when targeting themselves.
JJ: (noudess) Revamped faction system. See https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/256

== 10/28/2014 ==
Uleat: Added Client::InterrogateInventory(). Can be invoked by #interrogateinv and is also called when Handle_OP_MoveItem() calls for SwapItemResync()

== 10/22/2014 ==
Uleat: Fix for stacking items in a world object..added a new command option: #peekinv world - will show world container contents, if one is in use by target.

== 10/20/2014 ==
demonstar55: Inspect Buffs rank 1 will now show NPC buffs in target window (SoD+)

== 10/19/2014 ==
Uleat: Updated command #peekinv to display item links properly in RoF clients
demonstar55: Group Mentoring in raids
demonstar55: Inspect Buffs (text only version) works in raid groups
demonstar55: Make use of the Inspect Buffs op/packet. 62 SOL until someone finds its op

== 10/18/2014==
demonstar55: Implement group mentor, sharing leadership exp (SoF+ only)
demonstar55: Add gaining of group leadership while in raids

== 10/16/2014 ==
Uleat: Fixed the auto-conversion view naming error and renamed the views in the script files. Added a fix sql for databases that auto-converted.
Fix SQL: ../sql/git/bots/deprecated/2014_10_16_Lower_Case_View_Fix.sql

== 10/15/2014 ==
Uleat: Cleaned up load/drop bots sqls, added '../utils/sql/git/bots/deprecated' and '../deprecated/load_bots_old.sql' (use this file on pre-player blob conversion databases.)
Notes: I modifed the behavior of both load and drop bots to fail on the first operation if their modifications have been performed already.
'load_bots.sql' will explicitly add bot schema, while 'drop_bots.sql' will explicitly drop it. I also added a few lines to change
a few altered tables back to their original state - as of the date in the file.

== 10/13/2014 ==
demonstar55: Partially implement leadership and raids
Currently working: client side only effects and stat bonuses.
Not working: Mark NPC, and other stuff that need extra server side support
Currently only UF tested (Tit and 62 may just work, others need packet work)

== 10/12/2014 ==
Akkadius: Fix for LDON Character Stat load
If I missed anything, please let me know. I'm sure I did, there's a lot going on

Last edited by Akkadius; 02-22-2015 at 04:55 AM..
Old 11-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Tyen05
Discordant

Quote:
KLS and Akkadius continue working on a HTML5 websockets real-time communication framework with the EQEmulator server in the 'web_interface' branch of github SEEN HERE
No github link.

Here it is: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree.../web_interface
Old 11-12-2014, 09:23 AM
zerjz3
Banned

I just wanna say that I have been using this for the past few days and I absolutely love it! Nice work, it's much appreciated. I wish I had the programming skills to contribute something awesome like this to the community!
Old 11-14-2014, 03:25 AM
vishnu
Sarnak

so does this update mean i can update my server registration like I could before the web UI update?
Old 11-14-2014, 06:10 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu View Post
so does this update mean i can update my server registration like I could before the web UI update?
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38797
Old 11-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Apologetic
Fire Beetle

It's almost like the Golden Age here at the EMU if we keep up this rate of development