Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:40 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Default Worldserver Promotions

It makes me happy being involved in such a strong community where people are able to relive the passion we all share, express their boundless creativity and learn beyond what you would think is possible.

I don't have one ounce of regret spending the ridiculous time I have contributing to this community. Don't forget the many other developers who also have put tremendous work into this project.

The amount of activity this time of year is typically low, but even considering we have more people involved in the community than ever.

Today I've made quite a few server bumps.

General unofficial criteria for preferred status is to have:
  • 30+ Players
  • Good standing in community
  • High uptime
  • Been established for many months with stable and respected ownership

Servers moved to preferred:
  • Imperium
  • Kimura
  • Blood of Turmoil
  • Vegarlson Asylum
  • Leetsauce Productions
  • Chronicles of Norrath

There are a few servers that failed to register their world servers and were not promoted.

Be proud to run a server that has a following, it is no easy task. However, the rewards can be many if you can stand the hard challenges you face without becoming burned and jaded from the lack of appreciation of players which encompasses all kinds of different scenarios. I've pretty much seen them all. It takes a special person to run a server. Players make sure you extend your appreciation when you can.

Make sure that with this server status, that you run your server with integrity. Our community is heavily based on it.

I would have easily bumped Eriviyn to preferred, but Drakiyth has stepped out to take care of life for a while. Respect to his work and dedication.

Server Names:
  • Make sure you remove special characters like '!!!!!' or 'zzzz' garbage that moves your server to the top of the white list. This is not acceptable on the preferred bracket. If you fail to update your server within the next few days I will bring you back down to white.

If there is any question to any of these bumps, feel free to respond to this thread or PM.

Last edited by Akkadius; 04-26-2015 at 07:24 PM..
Old 04-26-2015, 02:46 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

ooh nice! Thanks Akkadius
Old 04-27-2015, 05:36 PM
vithmiris
Sarnak

Thanks to all the server admins and devs that keep EQ living beyond what live has become today!
Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 AM
vsab
Discordant

As a matter of interest, how come EQTitan is not preferred, it seems to be up always, with a high population?
Old 05-01-2015, 03:47 AM
Ian33
Fire Beetle

Really glad we could get some of these world-server changes pushed forever. Now could we do something about the Sms verification system being unusable with a changed phone number? Me and a lot of others have been having issues with not being able to recover our lost passwords and I think that is a functionality that is important.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:14 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Assuming those in the US, the FCC mandated that if you switch carriers, you must be able to retain your phone number (at no charge!). Not sure of the particulars of Ian's post, just pointing that out to anyone that may be interested before they make a carrier change.