Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:41 PM
Nzoe
Fire Beetle

Default Solo/Box raid content server.

EZ apparently used to be this way, and Imperium just took a turn towards "group up" and "band together for HARD content"... or some such nonsense.

There's a niche to fill here, and the servers I know of that were supposed to do it apparently opted to change their tune and force cooperation.

Are there any servers out there that have mostly SOLO content, and maybe boxed-toon required to take down that haven't been taken over by Windows 8 and 10-style upper management that knows better than its customers?
Old 03-19-2016, 03:44 PM
Traul
Hill Giant

that's a whole lot of entitlement right there, maybe you should try to make your own server
Old 03-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Nzoe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
that's a whole lot of entitlement right there, maybe you should try to make your own server
The above written by user Traul.

Yes, I'm sure entitled there. Just like every windows user with an ounce of sense is entitled about their "free" upgrades.

If your server is advertised as solo/duo, and it changes hands, or someone up top decides they know better than their users and changes the entire focus of the server, it's not entitlement for the users to want what was originally advertised.

But yeah, let's just victim-blame those that were bait-and-switched, and are now looking for an alternative.

Seems to me that you took this a bit personally, to be honest. Are you one of the aforementioned server's GMs/owners?

Edit:

Let me just highlight how incredibly stupid your response looks to someone else. Are you ready?

Quote:
that's a whole lot of entitlement right there, maybe you should try to make your own operating system
Old 03-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Traul
Hill Giant

LOL

Quote:
Waahhhhh, evil server operators forced me to group and interact with other human beings to enjoy the free content they spent countless hours creating. I'm a helpless victim
The above written by user Nzoe
Old 03-19-2016, 04:19 PM
Nzoe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Waahhhhh, evil server operators forced me to group and interact with other human beings to enjoy the free content they spent countless hours creating. I'm a helpless victim
Actually written by User Traul

https://archive.is/8ZuFI

Definitely personal. Which server is it?

So what if they spent countless hours creating something? That's entitles them to, what? Users that don't look for what they originally advertised elsewhere?

Because of that, they somehow deserve to not be compared to other managerial entities that did the same sort of thing?

I noticed that you've posted here a lot. Are your other posts as embarrassing as this?

I duno, were I in your shoes and just coming out of whatever drunken/poisoned stupor I must have been in to post what you did, I'd lose sleep over it. I'd change my username.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:31 PM
daerath
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoe View Post
EZ apparently used to be this way, and Imperium just took a turn towards "group up" and "band together for HARD content"... or some such nonsense.

There's a niche to fill here, and the servers I know of that were supposed to do it apparently opted to change their tune and force cooperation.

Are there any servers out there that have mostly SOLO content, and maybe boxed-toon required to take down that haven't been taken over by Windows 8 and 10-style upper management that knows better than its customers?
While I agree that Imperium is no longer a solo/duo server, that's their choice because it's their server, and quite simply, they do know better than their customers if for no other reason than the most obvious.

It's their server.

If you don't like it, don't play there. I stopped playing there a long time ago when they ditched solo/duo on new content. Set up your own server if you want a purely solo server and when someone has a complaint I'm sure you'll absolutely change whatever is necessary to keep them around because you're obviously not a "Windows 8 and 10-style upper management" type.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:38 PM
Nzoe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
While I agree that Imperium is no longer a solo/duo server, that's their choice because it's their server
... no one is arguing this. Hence why I'm looking for an alternative.

Quote:
and quite simply, they do know better than their customers if for no other reason than the most obvious.
Quote:
It's their server.
That... doesn't mean they know better than their customers. That just means they have the power to change what they want.

Are... are you just Traul on a sock puppet account trying to make yourself sound more reasonable because "someone else" agrees?

Quote:
If you don't like it, don't play there.
Which is why i'm looking for analternative.

Quote:
I stopped playing there a long time ago when they ditched solo/duo on new content.
The first thing you've said that wasn't entirely wrongheaded. Yes, when they ditch the reason you're there, you ditch them.

Quote:
Set up your own server if you want a purely solo server and when someone has a complaint I'm sure you'll absolutely change whatever is necessary to keep them around because you're obviously not a "Windows 8 and 10-style upper management" type.
Wait... this again?

Here, this is what that looks like:

Quote:
Set up your own operating system if you want a purely non-invasive UI and when someone has a complaint I'm sure you'll absolutely change whatever is necessary to keep them around because you're obviously not a "Windows 8 and 10-style upper management" type.
Because, on this forum, asking if there's an alternative somehow gets met with "make your own server".

I'm asking.

If anyone knows.

Of an alternative.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Traul
Hill Giant

You're asking with the tone of an absolute prick and you're wondering why people aren't tripping over themselves to help you?

Your stupid Windows analogy doesn't work because you're not a paying customer. Hope this helps
Old 03-19-2016, 05:24 PM
Nzoe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
You're asking with the tone of an absolute prick and you're wondering why people aren't tripping over themselves to help you?
I'm wondering why you haven't changed your username by now. I guess shame doesn't affect some people.

And no, I'm not wondering why people aren't helping me, I'm wondering why idiots (or is it just you?) are responding in ways that don't actually make any sense.

But hey, if you want to talk about the human, let's do that. I just spent a truckload of time and energy on an advertised product, and that product is no more. I'm bitter about it, and asking for an alternative. Oh look! An asshat decides to invalidate any frustration I may have about my situation by telling me to make my own server, because somehow the fact that the product is free makes the content-creators gods that are above being questioned, blasphemed, or exasperated-with.

Quote:
Your stupid Windows analogy doesn't work because you're not a paying customer. Hope this helps
First off, I don't need the analogy to point out that a free product is still a product and subject to being discarded when it no longer does what's advertised, and the customer in no way is entitled for being upset about that.

Second, nobody paid for the upgrades. Nobody asked for them. Nobody was continuing to pay for windows after the original purchase, usually after the computer was bought, yet Microsoft changed things on them.

For all intents and purposes, the OS already on the machines was free at that point.

That, Traul, is how the analogy works.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:25 PM
daerath
Sarnak

Well, no. "make your own server" is my answer because, as I stated and as you ignored in your haste to play the outraged victim "customer", there are no purely solo servers.

If you want one, and as one does not exist, the only option available to you is to make one.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:42 PM
Traul
Hill Giant

No, the analogy doesn't work because the upgrades still relate to software that had been purchased, sorry. You've never paid a single cent for anything here.

You've made three wrong assumptions here:

1. You speak for the entire EQEmu playerbase when it comes to how servers should be run, even moreso than the server devs themselves

2. You are entitled to play on a server that meets your wants and needs

3. Anyone cares that you're upset
Old 03-19-2016, 06:10 PM
Nzoe
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Well, no. "make your own server" is my answer because, as I stated and as you ignored in your haste to play the outraged victim "customer", there are no purely solo servers.
At no point did you actually answer my question like you just did. Act like you're taking some kind of high road and I'm all brash all you want, but maybe you should re-read what you actually wrote.

https://archive.is/RrdAb

Quote:
If you want one, and as one does not exist, the only option available to you is to make one.
Which would have been an absolutely excellent response, had you actually said what you claimed you said in the first quote above.

Thank you for finally answering my question.

Now for Traul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traul View Post
No, the analogy doesn't work because the upgrades still relate to software that had been purchased, sorry. You've never paid a single cent for anything here.
You don't really grasp how analogies work, do you? You also don't really grasp how parallels with similar situations work, or how certain completely irrelevant differences can be set aside for an otherwise valid comparison.

You're kinda stupid.

Quote:
You've made three wrong assumptions here:
I doubt it.

Quote:
1. You speak for the entire EQEmu playerbase when it comes to how servers should be run, even moreso than the server devs themselves
When did I make that assumption? When did I assert that I speak for anyone? When did I tell others how servers should be run?

Oh wait, does saying X that is advertised as X should not work like Y somehow mean that I'm telling those in charge of that that I know better than them how X should not be run like Y in some way that is illogical?

Quote:
2. You are entitled to play on a server that meets your wants and needs
When did I claim this? When did I say that I deserve, or am entitled to this?

Quote:
Anyone cares that you're upset
You're the one that was whining about my tone. I didn't bring it up directly.

Remember this whiny gem?

Quote:
"Wah, you're not asking this in a completely emotionless way so it offends my sensibilities"

You brought that in, and now you want to backpedal like you didn't.

/golfclap
Old 03-19-2016, 07:34 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

There is NO PLACE for abusive comments like those you have posted on these forums.

Be polite and civil or go somewhere else to play Everquest for free on a solo server.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:45 PM
Nzoe
Fire Beetle

I fully agree. I didn't come here looking for a fight, I came here frustrated about a unilateral change in a server I really enjoyed. All I wanted was to know if an alternative existed.

As a first time poster here, I was ambushed by "make your own server" and accusations of entitlement and other rubbish responses, instead of some useful information being provided.

Sorry to trespass on your area, it wasn't my intent to offend.

Tags
duo raid, ezserver, imperium, solo