Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionPhoenixGM View Post
Im having this really nasty issue where the installer runs every time my windows starts up. Essentially I wanted to just check out the pack but when it tried to turn the first time it couldnt find some files. So i figured ok it was just a fluke Ill try it later. I deleted all the files but the installer will not go away and I cant get rid of it and it is pretty annoying to have this updater run everytime my computer starts.

Any clues Akkadius?

Also one other issue is when the installer goes to execute I get "Error 1306" Another application has exclusive access to the file "C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\data\mysql\innodb_index_stats.ibd". Nothing else is running on my computer that would access that file. This is the reason I tried to delete everything and start over but the issue above and this issue are preventing me from starting clean

Now it is impossible to open any .rars or .zips the installer has hijacked the functionality of "unpacking" and I cant even unzip other files. This is so annoying, how to do i get rid of this thing..

P.S. Thanks for the setup of the pack, cant wait to try it out after I resolve this installer thingy
OS Version helps to know what you're dealing with.

Typically the installer will run every-time windows starts up if it is not meeting a condition it is trying to perform.

Do you have any conflicting installs? Cause if you have individual components loaded it could conflict.

When it is trying to access that file, it is most likely that MariaDB (MySQL) Service is already started and has that file open, try shutting off the service and hitting 'Retry' on the installer to let it do its thing.

The other note is that the installer creates a restore point on your system if you have it enabled so if you wanted to go back to before when it was installed you should be able to do that as well.

Let me know if any of this helps you.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Tirkaz
Fire Beetle

Akkadius,

#bots don't seem to work - is this something that is easily enabled or disabled?

thank you!
Old 09-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirkaz View Post
Akkadius,

#bots don't seem to work - is this something that is easily enabled or disabled?

thank you!
Bots are not part of the repack, sorry.

A separate repack would have to be made and bots are a huge headache from a stability standpoint.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Uleat
Developer

Does the repack install everything you need to run the server, then allow you to download the git repo and proper dependencies
to compile your own custom binaries?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-28-2014, 05:54 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Does the repack install everything you need to run the server, then allow you to download the git repo and proper dependencies
to compile your own custom binaries?
It installs everything mentioned on the Wiki page, you can put your own binaries in place (AFTER INSTALL) if you feel you are experienced enough to do so. For folks who are uncomfortable with upgrading I advise against it until upgrade suggestions are posted on the repack page.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Tirkaz
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Bots are not part of the repack, sorry.

A separate repack would have to be made and bots are a huge headache from a stability standpoint.
Fair enough

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2014, 03:36 PM
vindr3d
Fire Beetle

Default Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you for doing this. I was having a nightmare with character tables not showing up and finally got to the point where I fixed it but then other character tables weren't there and I had finally given up.

This made my life so much easier. I really appreciate your hard work in putting this together.

Just and fyi, it said I was missing the perl files, so I downloaded the most recent and installed it. This fixed the problem and server is running perfectly!

Again, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 03:57 PM
ZionPhoenixGM
Fire Beetle

Quote:
OS Version helps to know what you're dealing with.

Typically the installer will run every-time windows starts up if it is not meeting a condition it is trying to perform.

Do you have any conflicting installs? Cause if you have individual components loaded it could conflict.

When it is trying to access that file, it is most likely that MariaDB (MySQL) Service is already started and has that file open, try shutting off the service and hitting 'Retry' on the installer to let it do its thing.

The other note is that the installer creates a restore point on your system if you have it enabled so if you wanted to go back to before when it was installed you should be able to do that as well.

Let me know if any of this helps you.
Hey Akkadius,

So I am on Windows 8.1 64bit.

I did discover the system restore point and went back to that. Maybe things broke when I tried to run the server before it was actually configured and that caused things to break.

The most frustrating/odd part of this was the installer would run when I was just opening a .zip/.rar file thus overwritting my unpack.

I will give your suggestions a shot tonight and get back to you.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindr3d View Post
I just wanted to say thank you for doing this. I was having a nightmare with character tables not showing up and finally got to the point where I fixed it but then other character tables weren't there and I had finally given up.

This made my life so much easier. I really appreciate your hard work in putting this together.

Just and fyi, it said I was missing the perl files, so I downloaded the most recent and installed it. This fixed the problem and server is running perfectly!

Again, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean missing Perl files? It should have already had the latest.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionPhoenixGM View Post
Hey Akkadius,

So I am on Windows 8.1 64bit.

I did discover the system restore point and went back to that. Maybe things broke when I tried to run the server before it was actually configured and that caused things to break.

The most frustrating/odd part of this was the installer would run when I was just opening a .zip/.rar file thus overwritting my unpack.

I will give your suggestions a shot tonight and get back to you.
Yeah when the installer has had some conflict, which could have been you already having WinRar installed, try even uninstalling WinRAR and running through the repack again.

Sure there is some pain to deal with but it is much less than what you will find trying to configure a server without issues.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:49 PM
lrincon
Fire Beetle

Hello, tried it on a different PC....works great! Thanks for all your hard work!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:00 PM
vindr3d
Fire Beetle

Quote:
What do you mean missing Perl files? It should have already had the latest.
It said it was missing some dll file. Was probably just a one time thing for me (go figure) haha but like I said everything is working perfectly now.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindr3d View Post
It said it was missing some dll file. Was probably just a one time thing for me (go figure) haha but like I said everything is working perfectly now.
Yeah, needed to reboot and you hadn't.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:40 PM
vindr3d
Fire Beetle

Ah fair enough. I had done a fresh install of windows, so I wasn't sure when i had restarted.

*facepalm*
Old 09-29-2014, 07:28 PM
vindr3d
Fire Beetle

My friend is having problems connecting to the server. Any ideas? I have all the required ports forwarded and such.

It is telling him to run the patcher. I can connect just fine.