Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:15 PM
DreadDev
Fire Beetle

That is what I was getting at chrsschb. There needs to be a better way to gauge the quality of the server other than how many people are afk in the hub zone.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Then when legacy is a mile long we can come up with another category called REALLY Legacy and move stuff there.
You have a bigger point there chrsschb than some may realize, considering a server on the Legends list was bumped down to Preferred, (making that list longer), and now at risk of further descent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDev View Post
setting criteria that are ACTUALLY representative of how well the server is doing.
As far as I'm concerned, it's not so much how a server was doing at the point of promotion, that's where we can ask, how well is the server going to do? And as the servers in question have taught anyone, it's not about how much effort you may be able to continue putting into it, to prevent a server from going dead. With the "modern player community", it's almost impossible to keep up with demands for content. Major dev teams at Sony couldn't do it, let alone a couple guys getting together around here. Even with all the devs involved that give us these servers, they are only up to OoW content, after all these years.
Those servers you see up on the Legends list, (P99, PEQ, EZ, etc) they have the manpower and resources to keep it alive for many years. It's the kind of team dedication that most of us little people will never be capable of. That's reality. Sure, it's possible someday, there could be a handful of people that will get together and be able to keep something alive for a few years or more, but for now, what you see on the green and white list is some of those little people holding on to everything they put into it. Keeping up with player interest is more than doable. Getting on the green list is more than doable. But you will always be living on borrowed time. Don't stress yourself out over it.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:16 PM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

Legendary servers is where we should find the servers that started it all.

Legend Preferred Servers this in my opinion should be long time registered preferred servers. 2 year up time on the preferred list. If you drop to 0 players you should drop down to the next list.

Preferred Servers 3-6 months at 30+ players for solo servers to 2 box , boxing servers 60 for 3 box , 90 for 4 etc.

Standard Servers, break these into registered and unregistered servers that way the list is not a mile long and those putting a test up can narrow their search.

That is just my 2cp.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerella View Post
Standard Servers, break these into registered and unregistered servers that way the list is not a mile long and those putting a test up can narrow their search.
That's something I agree with. All "unregistered" should be showing at the bottom of the list.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:04 AM
hinanar
Fire Beetle

If you start your own login server you can put yourself in Legends and still have your server show in the public login server too lol
Old 03-19-2020, 10:49 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDev View Post
That is what I was getting at chrsschb. There needs to be a better way to gauge the quality of the server other than how many people are afk in the hub zone.
Quality is literally the major determinate as to why servers were promoted in the first place...The player count requirement has always been modest at best. Numbers have and most likely will always be a imprecise gauge of server quality. What some folks are asking for is already done, even if some don't agree.

I'd also like to point out how little activity almost all servers have on the server forum. I'm in no way tooting my own horn, but when I started on UltimateEQ I busted my butt and constantly kept my thread apprised. Back when I hit peak popularity it was almost solely due to that and word of mouth. To date I keep that thread updated. Look at Imperium-same case although I think Sturm made a new thread. My point is, server operators very much own the onus as to whether they deserve promotion. While I do understand the whole idea of wanting to discover new stuff, call it up and coming, who out there is putting in the effort and making something novel? The bar has become incredibly high over the years.