Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Azrealvect
Sarnak

Default Just to add

Just to add my 2 cents into this. I have been working on my server for about a year now off and on by myself. I have completely redone about a dozen zones with new mobs and loot, written out lots of quest (on paper) and developed a story line that is easy to follow but still very in depth. The server is scaled for a small population. However I still have a very very long time before it is to a point where I feel it is playable. I do this by myself because after running 2 servers I found that if you want your vision to come through the way you want it you have to work alone. Not saying do everything yourself. There are tons of wonderful people here that are willing to help if you need advice or dont know the best way to code something. My advise is to at least have a skeleton laid out, or a narrative that goes in depth of what is happening with each zone, each mob once you have that then its much easier to seek help and still retain your original project.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:10 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

nobody gave all these do-it-alone remarks with this post here:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40639
why is that?