Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Forbidden_Zone<Dr_Zauis>

Woot! My first day of testing my Server in public mode seems to be a success!
To all the people who logged in and were booted while entering starzones:
Please try again..I will keep the server up until Monday morning. I will try to keep the server open on weekends till I get the parts for my new box. Then server will be up 24/7!
OK heres a description of what I want my server to be about.
Semi-Legit. But able to zone to almost any zone. If anything I wont allow the closest zones to be zoned to(Gotta make a use for POK stones if I can add them to this new DB).
Custom zones including zones made with Openzone.
Items normally not available to players. Maybe custom items later!

OK..So Im still very new to Eqemu and the game itself so please be gentle
if I dont know half of what im doing.
If anyone has any problems please PM me for the time being. i will be glad to help.

Finally I would like to say thanks to all! A speciall thanks to all who have helped me get this going! Tutorial writers included!

Well time to make a few adjustments before restarting again.

Oh! And for those of you who may want to log in....
Forbidden_Zone is a 0.6.2DR1 Server on port 5998
Old 09-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

If you have custom zones from OpenZone you will want to host a download that downloads the needed files (the files you overwrited when you made the custom zones). If you do not do this your server will be a failure...
Old 09-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlife Treestrider
If you have custom zones from OpenZone you will want to host a download that downloads the needed files (the files you overwrited when you made the custom zones). If you do not do this your server will be a failure...
Yep! I understand. But what is this word failure? I have no concept of failure LOL! Its keep trying till I get it right.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Next Weekend.

Well dudes..The weekend is over so my Server will be locked for the week. I will do it again for ya next week.

OK to all the people that have been getting booted off and not able to get in! Sorry Sorry Sorry! I dont know why..My Sister and Niece are getting in and playing for hours with no probs..Some others are getting too but I havent seen too many playing much..I think there is a bug that sometimes keeps a player on after they go linkdead or something..

I see I have 26 characters now in my DB..That means alot are getting booted
while trying to startzone for first time so I figure that happen 99% of the time. If you try once please try twice as I have had to do that myself.

OK...Again..Thankyou all for trying..Im getting a dedicated server set up to make this much better than my old test it to see if it works crap.

But it is working..Oh..BTW Im going to make Dulaks Harbor a noob zone so If I can get it somewhat populated this week I will open the zone for weekend.

EDIT>>And for those of you who have tried more than once or twice to get in this weekend..I know who you are HeHe...If you get in I will make you a level 35 or something..

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 09-18-2005 at 01:16 AM..
Old 09-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Kaotikk
Fire Beetle

Who wants to play on a crappy server that isn't up for weeks on end? I know, I dont.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotikk
Who wants to play on a crappy server that isn't up for weeks on end? I know, I dont.
You are totally missing the point! I didnt even expect to open for public use..Im using 6.2 wich is brand new..Im running my server on a personal comp right now but have new hardware in the rack in the other room...ect..ect..

But I will remember you said that to me..And I will keep watching these so called good servers and see if they are still there next year. And we will see If Im still there or not. And If my server is down for any amount of time after I transfer to the new harware.

Oh..And thanks for not playing on my server! I dont I need people with attitudes such as yours taking advantantage of all my hard work.

EDIT>>Er..Sorry..Maybe I took to much offense to your comment. You are right. Im working on that.

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 09-19-2005 at 03:05 PM..
Old 11-26-2005, 07:37 AM
nadineemu
Sarnak

Talking Super server :)

hey Zauis

you got a fab server there... just a shame its so quiet

dont know if its just me... but i;ve been the only one on, would like some company once in a while

Nadine :-P
Old 11-26-2005, 07:42 AM
nadineemu
Sarnak

Default keep toons?

are we able to keep our toons on your server? or do they end up getting deleted? id hate to put in all that effort to get my toon up, just to have it deleted and have to start over...

my little pally is 53 now

and is having uber fun on there
Old 11-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadineemu
are we able to keep our toons on your server? or do they end up getting deleted? id hate to put in all that effort to get my toon up, just to have it deleted and have to start over...

my little pally is 53 now

and is having uber fun on there
If i can help it. Your toons will never be deleted. I use 2 DataBases..So you will have separate legit and nonlegit toons..
Old 11-26-2005, 05:35 PM
nadineemu
Sarnak

doh, so on monday ill be level 1 again :( /cry
Old 11-26-2005, 08:53 PM
iamjooish
Banned

yeah, completely nonlegit gets boring after a while, semilegit with mechanisms in place to make leveling go more smoothly is many times more fun.

Just try playing the game dual-wielding 2 big soul devourers.... No point in it :p
Old 11-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadineemu
hey Zauis

you got a fab server there... just a shame its so quiet

dont know if its just me... but i;ve been the only one on, would like some company once in a while

Nadine :-P
Thankyou for your kind comments..I saw you on today but didnt have time to log on..Maybe people are getting tired of the Nonlegit thing..When I first started I had 5 zones full and had to start booting 8. I think the most peeps I have had is 8 or 9 at a time.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
bobfred1
Fire Beetle

Well, As a necro I was summoning items and could not get the correct bonechip to summon skellys, kinda agravating hehe, are there any MOBs on this server worth fightign at lvl 70 by the way?

almost forgot, this is a great server, goodfeedback and everything, nice having an admin to it seem to care lol, would be neat if you had merchants with classes best gear or whatever, so everyone that is lvl 70 would have all spells skills and same gear, then maybe dueling or something to keep people coming back?

also is that setallskill thing up I tryed to use it, and it isnt working.

Last edited by bobfred1; 03-02-2006 at 08:12 PM..
Old 03-04-2006, 09:44 AM
gokudavid
Fire Beetle

#search bone chips

that'll give you the chips you need
Old 03-05-2006, 03:55 AM
bobfred1
Fire Beetle

thanks bro, but when you search for bone chips 20 diffrent sets come up, and you need to summone ach one to see which are the stackable bone chips.