Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Skaxx
Fire Beetle

Default Time to update the Preferred (Green) List, methinks...

SoAmerous has been up there forever, but since the data wipe/hack/etc, and even before that when PoFear was untouchable, the server population has dropped to a steady 0-2 people. Unfortunately, the same goes for Akkadius' server, which has waited over a year for a promised update/complete server rehaul. I love and devoted much time to both of these servers, but there are a couple servers which really deserve the bump to these currently occupied slots.

LootFest currently sports 30-50+ not only at peak times, but generally early morning through well after midnight. Great population, even greater community, could always use a few more.

Varlyndria is probably the most unique server right now, boasting 48 "classes" with their own fun take on each of the traditional EQ classes, impressive quest lines, great lore, the ability to run 5 bots (that albeit will never be as great as 5 other players with their specialized class paths), and a host of unique items, spells, and clickies. It is constantly updated, and is already coming into it's first major content update.

These servers truly do deserve to go green.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaxx View Post
SoAmerous has been up there forever, but since the data wipe/hack/etc, and even before that when PoFear was untouchable, the server population has dropped to a steady 0-2 people. Unfortunately, the same goes for Akkadius' server, which has waited over a year for a promised update/complete server rehaul. I love and devoted much time to both of these servers, but there are a couple servers which really deserve the bump to these currently occupied slots.

LootFest currently sports 30-50+ not only at peak times, but generally early morning through well after midnight. Great population, even greater community, could always use a few more.

Varlyndria is probably the most unique server right now, boasting 48 "classes" with their own fun take on each of the traditional EQ classes, impressive quest lines, great lore, the ability to run 5 bots (that albeit will never be as great as 5 other players with their specialized class paths), and a host of unique items, spells, and clickies. It is constantly updated, and is already coming into it's first major content update.

These servers truly do deserve to go green.
I couldn't agree with you more. Infact I will take Funhouse off of the green list myself as I've not had any measurable time to put forth towards it and it was never intended to be an actual server.

As far as the other servers are concerned, they have to be collectively decided by us (administrators) to demote or promote. I'm sure Trevius will agree that some of these are deserving but Rogean is the only one who has access to make any LS changes in the background.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:42 AM
trevius
Developer

I would definitely agree that more servers could be made green. Again, only Rogean currently has access to make that happen and I have no idea what it takes to get his attention on matters like this anymore. The last change to server status was in this post over a year and a half ago:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32326
Old 07-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Again, only Rogean currently has access to make that happen and I have no idea what it takes to get his attention on matters like this anymore.
That's a pretty annoying statement especially considering you know exactly how to get a hold of me. Sending me a PM or saying my name in the dev channel in IRC has always gotten to me. Don't act ignorant that you can't reach me when you won't use the means to do so.

Achieving green status has always been about maintaining a decent population as well as striving to provide a positive and stable experience for players and this community. You guys can always come up with a list of recommendations and then shoot me the link on IRC.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quote:
Achieving green status has always been about maintaining a decent population as well as striving to provide a positive and stable experience for players and this community.
Also helps if your server name doesn't start with EQ and end with Titan.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
Also helps if your server name doesn't start with EQ and end with Titan.
After meeting the above requirements every server is passed through the dev team for feedback / voting. EQTitan didn't pass that vote.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:44 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

1:
Think you mentioned once in the past about the requirement for servers to be registered. I would love to see the ability for a server to connect that is not registered be removed.
2:
Can we get [ Gold - Green - Something else - no status ]
Not sure if thats possible but it would be nice to be able to move no status servers every 3-6months to the 'new lowest' status and out of the muck of test/dev servers.

2cp

Last edited by trevius; 07-12-2012 at 03:13 AM.. Reason: Edited to remove server flaming
Old 07-07-2012, 05:02 PM
QueenPetals
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
After meeting the above requirements every server is passed through the dev team for feedback / voting. EQTitan didn't pass that vote.

I hope that we are considered then, We have generally kept 15-50 players online at all times, plus have a great community.

We also have alot of custom content, an AMAZING Staff, (not talking about myself, talking about my wonderful Developers)

Our server is also stable, we strive to put out good content as much as we can and as often as we can.

We are CONSTANTLY trying to find ways to improve scripts, make things cleaner and neater and easier for EVERYONE to use.

Thanks for readin`

-Clare

Owner of Loot Fest
Old 07-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

I'll leave it up to the devs to decide Varlyndria's fate as going green but I am an extremely motivated and dedicated dev who puts 12 hours a day (at least) into my server. I have personally made 48 class paths (with a new expansion/update coming out that will grant all those unique paths their very own epic weapons/offhands. This will give players countless hours of replay value. That's what I aim for mainly to make sure even if you have a main who is high level and decked out you don't run out of options. I got Akkadius now hosting my server with the smoothest and steadiest connection possible, I also got a great quest developer and GM who helps me named Xiao and at least 5-6 other players who are volunteering willingly to help with the server.

Varlyndria usually has 28-70 players online at all times even on peak hours. Overall, I aim to please and it would be an honor to move to green. I am dead set on my server becoming one of the greatest on emu among the greats that you fine people have put hard work and time into yourselves.

Also, I played on Lootfest for a while before becoming the dev of Varlyndria. I think it's a great server and recommend it going green. Clare and her staff deserve it.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Soulcold
Sarnak

I've played Varlyndria before, and I have to say I think your class paths system is a pretty brilliant idea. It definitely adds some more fun to the game
Old 07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

bots tend to make me steer clear of varlyndria
Old 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

The 5 bots work great now with the new hardware Varlyndria is on. Also, the server is designed to have 5 bots help you technically solo because the enemies have been hiked up in hp/power. Overall it's like baldur's gate online. Your own party of six to get through most of the content.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:38 PM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

I think Loot Fest and Varlyndria are both pretty solid servers, having played on both (well, and just about any other server with a description, I server hop a lot).
Old 07-12-2012, 03:58 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
That's a pretty annoying statement especially considering you know exactly how to get a hold of me. Sending me a PM or saying my name in the dev channel in IRC has always gotten to me. Don't act ignorant that you can't reach me when you won't use the means to do so.
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to come off as being rude about it. I never directly push very hard to get a response from you. I was mainly referring to this recent post where GeorgeS had to move his tools from your hosting because he couldn't get in touch with you:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...20&postcount=3
Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Skaxx
Fire Beetle

/backontopic

LootFest and Varlydria are IMO very worth, great pop servers, etc listed above. Please consider them Rogean.