Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:09 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

Default Nagafens Lair - A full review and why you should try us.

First let me start this by saying I have played on quite a few emu servers, and so far this server has been the funnest one yet. This server is a mix between a legit (livelike) server and custom server. What this means is most of the mobs are live like but things like out of combat regen are pumped up, resist are more manageble on raid encounters, things like that.

Currently I have completed all of classic raid content on this server with my guildmates, and I have to say it was very rewarding. It wasnt given to us but at the same time was very managable with a small group.

A group of 6 people with the mix of the right classes could potentially raid everything classic has to offer. This makes this server IDEAL for the casual player since you dont need a huge time investment to succeed here.

I would like to also mention the dev's. Bront, Bodhi, and Gummi all 3 work very hard and maintain an almost constant presence on the server. Many nights raiding, a GM would be present to watch us kill Boss mobs to see if it needed a tweak or a buff. I would like to also say that all 3 are very easy to talk to and do not give the impression of the high and mighty gm's i've dealt with in the past.

TL : DR
The server is perfect for casuals.
Can kill anything with a dedicated group.
Server devs are great people with a constant presence.
Server is rewarding for the amount of time put in.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Caryatis
Dragon

Now I know how old men feel... TLDR for 4 groupings of sentences in a thread titled "Full review"? This generation is fucked.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Kindadar
Fire Beetle

I don't see this server on the EmuLauncher server list. Am I missing something, or do I have to manually search?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

The Server is listed as: ! Nagafen's Lair: Classic Progression for Casual Players!

on the server prog list.

And thanks for the Review Atrayas! we are working hard to make NL one of the best servers on EQEmu :P
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM
bodi
Hill Giant

Figured I would chime in here! Here's some info on NL:

Main Idea of the Server: Progression is character based. You are stuck in classic until you unlock Kunark for yourself by destroying all of the bosses of the old world. We only opened 3 weeks ago, but the quest to unlock kunark is open and ready. All of our content is soloable or duoble at worst except for whichever the latest expansion that is available. So as soon as Kunark is released next friday, all of Classic and planes becomes soloable. This helps new players catch up faster, gives casual players the chance to explore and advance at their own pace, and gives our hard core guys intense group/raid content at the higher end. All content through POP is an old school nostalgic romp through Norrath. All expansions after POP are custom creations of our team.

Here are a few things about the experience that makes NL different:

Hub Zone: Guildlobby with clicky server charm to go there
Porter, Buffer, Guildleaders for each class, banker and merchants in hub zone.
Easy Mobs: Mob strength has been reduced to 80% hp, maxhit, str, dex, agi, resists etc. at hghest expansion level. Reduced farther for under 30 mobs.
Mob casters can only use spells that are 4/5th their level even at high level
No corpse recovery: You spawn with all your gear. Corpses are just for xp rez.
No downtime. Out of combat HP, End, & Mana regen is 20% per tick
No camping. Placeholders are removed in most areas! All named spawn!
Learn faster: Skills are learned at 400% live rate.
Ding-Saves: When you level, your hp and mana automatically go full!
Criticals!! Everyone can crit melee and spells at 2% rate. Some classes are 4%!
Boxing okay! You don’t need to box; ,but you can box 1 extra character if you like
Active Forums: Almost 600 posts in 200 topics in only 3 weeks!
Old School Cazic! Yep, its dropping rubicite and Avatar has claws!
OG : Prenerf Manastone, Guise of Deciever and more!
Medal of Honor Quests: Headhunter-style optional quests give you the opportunity to re-live all of the encounters you fought in original eq for nostalgia and nice rewards!
Live Events, rotating quests, new questable lines of weapons, and more!

Class Enhancements
We take immersive roleplay aspects of each class and fuction in game to make EVERY class more fun and better equipped to Norrath. For example, we have a high damage line of Bows for Ranger that offer severe ranged power at an AC cost, so they become TRUE ranged DPS when choosing the longbow line as a weapon! For a complete view of how we have made each class more playable and enjoyable please check out How the Classes are Different on Nagafen’s Lair

To see everything that’s different about Nagafen’s Lair, join the fun at NagafenServer.com

If you have any questions, PM me! Kunark opens next Friday! Get your characters ready!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:54 PM
bodi
Hill Giant

This was on the thread right below yours and the server title is Nagafen's Lair: Casual Player Paradise or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodi View Post
Figured I would chime in here! Here's some info on NL:

Main Idea of the Server: Progression is character based. You are stuck in classic until you unlock Kunark for yourself by destroying all of the bosses of the old world. We only opened 3 weeks ago, but the quest to unlock kunark is open and ready. All of our content is soloable or duoble at worst except for whichever the latest expansion that is available. So as soon as Kunark is released next friday, all of Classic and planes becomes soloable. This helps new players catch up faster, gives casual players the chance to explore and advance at their own pace, and gives our hard core guys intense group/raid content at the higher end. All content through POP is an old school nostalgic romp through Norrath. All expansions after POP are custom creations of our team.

Here are a few things about the experience that makes NL different:

Hub Zone: Guildlobby with clicky server charm to go there
Porter, Buffer, Guildleaders for each class, banker and merchants in hub zone.
Easy Mobs: Mob strength has been reduced to 80% hp, maxhit, str, dex, agi, resists etc. at hghest expansion level. Reduced farther for under 30 mobs.
Mob casters can only use spells that are 4/5th their level even at high level
No corpse recovery: You spawn with all your gear. Corpses are just for xp rez.
No downtime. Out of combat HP, End, & Mana regen is 20% per tick
No camping. Placeholders are removed in most areas! All named spawn!
Learn faster: Skills are learned at 400% live rate.
Ding-Saves: When you level, your hp and mana automatically go full!
Criticals!! Everyone can crit melee and spells at 2% rate. Some classes are 4%!
Boxing okay! You don’t need to box; ,but you can box 1 extra character if you like
Active Forums: Almost 600 posts in 200 topics in only 3 weeks!
Old School Cazic! Yep, its dropping rubicite and Avatar has claws!
OG : Prenerf Manastone, Guise of Deciever and more!
Medal of Honor Quests: Headhunter-style optional quests give you the opportunity to re-live all of the encounters you fought in original eq for nostalgia and nice rewards!
Live Events, rotating quests, new questable lines of weapons, and more!

Class Enhancements
We take immersive roleplay aspects of each class and fuction in game to make EVERY class more fun and better equipped to Norrath. For example, we have a high damage line of Bows for Ranger that offer severe ranged power at an AC cost, so they become TRUE ranged DPS when choosing the longbow line as a weapon! For a complete view of how we have made each class more playable and enjoyable please check out How the Classes are Different on Nagafen’s Lair

To see everything that’s different about Nagafen’s Lair, join the fun at NagafenServer.com

If you have any questions, PM me! Kunark opens next Friday! Get your characters ready!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:35 AM
bodi
Hill Giant

oops wrong thread.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

Sorry for the Downtime the last 14 hours - But issues are resolved and any other issues that come forward should be resolved much quicker!

Servers back up and ready for players!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:14 AM
tweak24
Fire Beetle

I just wanted to take some time and post here thanking the GM's Naggy's Lair.
I have been browsing the server list for the last couple of days just looking for something different than the usual grind. Finding NL at first was an interesting concept to follow however I'm Addicted and would like to extend an invite to all you other players looking for a new server!!

-Fun server, Great GMS, Amazing progression based server with a twist!

Come join me and others

--"Fuzzy Banana's LFMore Players To compete with Shattered"--