Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Deminish
Fire Beetle

Default Alpha Custom Loot Server (GM Apoc)

Hey,

Just trying to figure out if anyone knows what happened to the Alpha Custom Server that Apoc made. If anyone knows the website that would be nice too. It was the server where you start in TutorialB and fought the spiders and the Queen. It's been down for a few days now. I am not sure if he is still working on it or what. Anyone have any updates or answers?

Thanks,
Deminish
Old 08-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Default Alpha's

Hello Everyone, Sorry I have not been able to have to server up. On last week monday we had a family emergency and had to airlift my brother to the local hospital. I had spent all that week in the hospital as he was in critical condition.

We are back home and he is in a steril room as of today Aug 27th, I will be working on the server some however allot of my time will be dedicated to his recovery.

Sorry for the server being down so long, It will be back up soon I hope.

Apoc.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

We all hope your brother recovers
Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Thanks! he is doing better, he broke both bones in both arms 4 inches above his wrist and has a small bleed in his brain from a concusion.

But he is doing great and has full function of his right hand, the left however is slow going.

On a side note, here is the servers website link. I have been attempting to get it registered, but I must be missing something. http://alphaseq.webs.com/

All server updates will be posted there,

Thanks for the support and I hope I can get some new content out soon and unlock the server!

Apoc.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:30 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

Thats good then that he is getting better
ouch about the arms and brain bleed :( hopefully the docs can get him better and things ) and the arms will repair them selfs over time a guess :(

Also are you going be thinking about modifing the mobs hp/damage?
Bloodmoon Hurts , HP wise and Damage wise

Great work otherwise though
Old 08-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Yes, I am Changeing things while the server is locked. Trying to balance things out a bit more. Pets are now Fully on par to content, maybe even a bit OP due to the lack of custom spells currently. I will begin working on that soon, but no I make no promise that spells will be done and ready this week lol.

Pet classes are now an excellent player to group with!
Bloodmoon will be adjusted yet this evening and I will be fixing some loot tables in T1.

Apoc.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:30 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

good stuffs was frustating , level 44 ranger , if i wasnt watching the fight with Queen spider in T1 , i would get killed lol

thinking about a
War/Clr/Ranger/mage or necro combo hehe

also , im started eq when u still had to get your corpse , then i still play live this day.
and u dont loose your corpse nomore , are you keeping that on? cause was a little frustarting at times :(
Old 08-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Deminish
Fire Beetle

Default Woot

Hey Apoc,

Thanks for the reply. I am sorry to hear about your brother and I hope he recovers quickly. I thought we had lost the server and yours is the only one I play lol. I was just starting to get somewhere too and get in a guild. Glad to see you back and we hope your brother gets better soon.

Cheers,
Deminish
Old 08-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Melandril
Sarnak

Hey Apoc,

We met one the other night while you were finishing tutorialb.

Just wanted to add the to the list of people who hope you and your family are ok.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:04 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

servers coming back up today right?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:12 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

If you need any devs on the server let me know i like the server so far

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 08-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Hey everyone! T3 is comeing allong! I aim to have the server fully up tomorrow (Tuesday), I had a few problems with a Relocating NPC and took me a few hours to get it correct. I will be tweeking T3 tonight and tomorrow in hopes of unlocking tuesday night.

Thanks for the support everyone, hope to see you in game soon!

Apoc.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:41 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

keep up the great work apoc
Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Emuwalker
Fire Beetle

Whow! - Just found this thread!

Been on your server with monk (feigns), rogue (dagger), cleric, ... and really wondered what happened .

Best wishes for your brother and definetely a "RL first" headsup here!

As far as im affected just take server - timeout as long as you need!

If you might have some fun, interest and reserves later im one of the players that would like to see this world coming back life again .

Hopefully this was clearly understandable. English is not my motherlanguage .

emuwalker
Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Thanks for the support Emuwalker, as far as the server goes. You can visit http://alphaseq.webs.com/ to stay up to date.

Unfortunatly, my HD has been attack by a Virus from outerspace! Lol. And with manny attempts to save it, all hope is lost!

I am working now on re setting everything back up, however everything is from scratch, and it may take a bit of time for it to be fully up agian. But I plan to put some serious hours into it.

I purchased a 1TB External HD today to back up all data for the server, and now should not lose the information should something unexpected happen.

Once again, sorry to everyone for the excessive downtime, I hope I can resolve the issue soon!

Hope to see you in game!

Apoc.