Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:00 PM
phorest
Sarnak

When is it coming back up ?
Old 10-22-2013, 04:39 PM
phorest
Sarnak

server is pre-beta, but has a ton to do and explore.. it's super fun!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorest View Post
server is pre-beta, but has a ton to do and explore.. it's super fun!
Thanks for the kind words, phorest.

As he said, the server is coming along nicely. We have a lot more content that we used to that is awaiting testing.. We are still pre-beta but I've been leaving the server unlocked more and more.

Just a heads up on the 28th of this month the server will be down for a few days.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:35 AM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

This is a screenshot of just an example of the touches we are trying to put into the server.

These poor souls were part of a caravan delivering supplies to the Township community in Erudin. They were attacked by a certain named in the zone and now they have an injured soldier to tend to.

The injured soldier will randomly have a symptom of the poison that the spider afflicted him with when he was bit. The doctor will recognize these symptoms and then instruct his assistant to act accordingly, (if he is shivering to get a blanket, etc). The assistant runs around the camp frantically searching for each remedy to the soldiers problem each time.

This is just a simple example and one of many little things we're implementing to make the server fun and refreshing. We have already put tons of work into this and we're very glad to see it coming together nicely.

Thanks for reading!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Ricksauce
Fire Beetle

i like the server but the promise of a character wipe is keeping me away
Old 10-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksauce View Post
i like the server but the promise of a character wipe is keeping me away
That's fine. The character wipe will be happening pretty soon since we have the world all blocked off and people won't be able to get things they weren't supposed to.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:06 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Server wipes are part of Alpha / Beta's... part of the fun is being first in....

Server looking pretty cool. Im an old Veeshan / Luclin player. My necro met some Township peeps in the Darkened Blackburrow a few times.

Will have to drop in and check stuff out.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

For those of you like Ricksauce who are hesitant to log on because of the impending character wipe, please read this thread for information.

http://eqtownship.net/forum/showthre...Character-Wipe

We have taken Ricksauce's comment and a few others into account and have decided to do the character wipe now, rather than waiting until beta.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:01 PM
ak48
Sarnak

I'd just like to say that I've been playing here the last couple days and I'm having a blast! The experience may be slower than you're used to but it all works out pretty well. The one and only character wipe happened last night, so come join us if that is what was holding you back.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:15 AM
Emuwalker
Fire Beetle

Played a lot of time on your server - feedback.

(English is not my motherlanguage, so please excuse any "accidents" )

1) Experience (blues) makes killing them usable now. Good move changing that!

2) Severs count too many mobs too close. If unknown where they are positioned and what aggroes how many others its not controllable to play. Dots / debuffs etc. needed long sitting times to run out.

3) Looking at the "class specials" monks type convinced me. It works nicely! When moving to CB (starting lvl 8 ) i decided to need a cleric partner for survival issues. Enhanced throwing distance for shurikens worked VERY relaxing - no more throwing from mobs feet .

4) Clerics specials working good for my taste. Something clickable for instant rise of survival chances would be prefered over a "maybe" - thingie, but ok.

5) Roaping a bot behind is as silly (pathing, aggro, etc) as anywhere in the emus. Wonder why nobody ever arranged that like the mercs/bots - pathing. Not your fault!

6) Pallys and Reavers specials are working nicely. Im not sure if they are fixed timer or working "more often per min." on a short delay weapon. This will influence playstyle (1HD/2HD+shield, etc). Could u clear this please?

7) Rangers are born with endless quiver >> woot! Nice move! We chatted about them (ingame) about being able to use the bow in melee range. Your decision. Not sure it would be gamebreaking.

Didnt see any higher hits with bows. Bows not showing higher base damage. Maybe too low skill. ARCHERY skillups took much too long to rise for my taste. Went with ranger to the monk/cleric crew and /autofire -ed any mob being chainpulled for 10 minutes (50 delay shortest available bow). Had whopping skill 4 in archery after that.

9) Same skillup - problem with 2handers. Possible changes would be (1) arrange the dam/delay as with 1handers (and leave the better stat increases on Bows/2handers). (2) create a skillup - punchbag in the city. Cant imagine thats gamebreaking. (3) Speedup the skillups. Your decision.

10) 1hd - 2hd. Pretty senseless to use 12/40+ - 15/40+ (2hd) in comparison with 8/30 - 10/34 dual wielded (think 2handers were worse from the sewers).

11) Wizzys special feels not that convincing to me. Ussually they have no probs doing high damage in short time. - but survivability issues. Would have preferred something like reducing resists / rune effect clicky / reduce interrupts / reduce casting times or cooldowns / ... to give them better chances for survival. No complaints, i just left the wiz fade away at lvl 3. Your decision.

12) Please give us a shrinking klicky? Tried an ogre SHD and went in the sewers - No sense in the "human-klicky", because he lost slam! Not interrupting the entrance boss is deadly at low levels and a "large races special".

13) Mages special is working nicely. Good move. Needed some time to get used the 3 min. timer. Recasting infight gains instant and massive aggro! Later thats a definite Magedeath Might it be possible to rise to 5 min ? - looks like the shammys panther- type to me.

14) Did u change stuff to lore? Today i could not handover loot to another player i was used to handover monk - cleric? Maybe my fault.

15) Didnt see a rogue stabber, thats comparable with other 1hd drops? Maybe missed it?

Had really some fun playing this alpha/beta ... ! THANKS!
- and tried to give something in return here.

-Had to delete the smilies in the text. - too many!

have fun anyone!
Old 10-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak48 View Post
The experience may be slower than you're used to but it all works out pretty well.
Really Enjoyed this server until the Random Ninja Exp nerf, Granted its not in Beta yet, but it went from a good exp rate without being to much, to total grind fest, hour(s) per level. Apparently it was intended to be like that. I quoted Ak48 because the exp was atleast halved since that post.

Last edited by Thorkinal; 10-27-2013 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Added more.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorkinal View Post
Really Enjoyed this server until the Random Ninja Exp nerf, Granted its not in Beta yet, but it went from a good exp rate without being to much, to total grind fest, hour(s) per level. Apparently it was intended to be like that. I quoted Ak48 because the exp was atleast halved since that post.
There was no "ninja" exp nerf. There were several warnings last night of the server's EXP rate being in limbo. Also "group" experience needs a restart to take effect. For 6-8 hours after the wipe there WAS increased experience, which was also broadcasted on the server. This was for our beta testers to catch back up and be able to test our higher level content without us using GM commands to give them an unfair advantage. If you don't like it and think it's unfair, tough. These people are helping us get closer to beta.

All the people complaining about things like that when it has been stated a multitude of times that the server isn't even in beta yet, we're pre-beta, is just simply annoying. If you think that 3% experience per kill at level 10 from a white con is too slow then you have been spoiled by the plethora of servers that give you half a level each kill. I apologize for being blunt but welcome to EverQuest.

We are still messing with a ton of server variables to get things how we want them. If you've been playing on the server and don't know we're pre-beta I don't know what else to tell you. You are playing something that is not finished. The whole "oh exp has changed for less than an hour i'm leaving and not playing" just annoys the staff. You don't have to play on our server or test our content, so if you're going to be unconstructive and impatient please just don't bother.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Ricksauce
Fire Beetle

Pretty fun server but i agree about the xp nerf. Saying "welcome to everquest" is just smacking people in the face who want to play on the server, specially based on your own website there is a donator section, and one of the rewards is double xp. Anyone playing eq emu in 2013 knows what everquest is. There is a big difference between 3% xp a kill and "half a level". Especially when the "content" we are suppose to not be flying over is actually just killing bats and beetles that drop nothing (at least up to lvl 7 which is where i stopped because it was taking hours), for the most part. Attacking people for giving feedback (the purpose of beta testing) just shows you cannot handle constructive criticism.

so far i have played warrior, cleric, druid, rogue, wizard
war - really good and interesting charm effect
cleric - helpful effect but too random, i feel like i am just getting lucky when one procs
druid - same as cleric, only procced less (for me), i got about 3 procs over the course of 3 hours, thats a bot spamming minor healing the whole time. The proc didnt do too much either (at lvl 6ish, maybe it's not suppose to).
rogue - nice effect, i like the haste and backstab proc, but could not find a good piercing weapon
wizard - the twincast is nice and noticable, feels lucky though when getting one, mana regen, not noticeable at low level

when i say it feels lucky, maybe you guys want it to, but the effects are nice and i just feel bad when some fights are going bad and hoping something procs and nothing does. o well.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:16 PM
ak48
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksauce View Post
Pretty fun server but i agree about the xp nerf. Saying "welcome to everquest" is just smacking people in the face who want to play on the server, specially based on your own website there is a donator section, and one of the rewards is double xp. Anyone playing eq emu in 2013 knows what everquest is. There is a big difference between 3% xp a kill and "half a level". Especially when the "content" we are suppose to not be flying over is actually just killing bats and beetles that drop nothing (at least up to lvl 7 which is where i stopped because it was taking hours), for the most part.
I'd like to point out that when I said that the xp rate works out pretty well previously I meant that it is slow, yes but you need the time to get the gear necessary to move on to the more difficult zones. You do not get a whole set of gear as you move up, you slowly fill in the slots with miscellaneous pieces from every zone, which I enjoy having the variety. There are also more than one zone for certain levels and they have different drops as well as advantages/disadvantages depending on your class or group makeup.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Ricksauce
Fire Beetle

where in north carolina are you moving, im in charlotte