Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-21-2003, 12:18 PM
boucoune
Sarnak

Default 5.0 Froglok bugs... not sure though.

Ok first : Hi
Ok second : I logged in right after LE gave us the new login method to play with EQLive client. I never had the experience of playing as a Froglok so i made one. Said starting zone Gukta... okay... i log..

1 - I appeared in Grobb.
2 - I couldn't move. sorta like when a GM Freezes you.
3 - I was in Unknown Guild.
4 - I was in grobb but when i / the zone i see that im in Gukta....
5 - I was happy to play a froggie, they cool.

I didnt try anything else... i dont know if it's the server. but i was on hmmm ... (somthing) pvp Linux Dev server. but im not sure... geez its only been 2 minutes since i logged off and i cant remember. anyway. that's about it. Thanks

Member of the Leet shiz mem bitches krew

Zeeky Boogy Doog. BOOM!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:22 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

1. Grobb was revamped on live and renamed to Gukta.
2. Heh thats a bug that was introduced shortly before it was sent to cvs, duck and it should fix it.
3. Needs work there.
4. See 1.
5. Yes they are :P
Old 07-22-2003, 10:48 AM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

i thought that was pretty cool when the frogs went into grobb and opened a can of whoop azz hehe. (had to of been there) and just fyi the trolls moved in with the de's at the neriak area of the globe.

edit: some info about the happening, thought it was interesting.

The Fall of Grobb

Only days before, they had walked from the murky comfort of Innothule, bringing
with them a message from their god. The elders waited for them in the glow of
Guk's stony mouth, anxious yet unaware of the dramatic change they were about to discover.
The firepots' aura met the first of Mithaniel's chosen as they stepped out of the water's
dark grasp and made their way ashore.

The elders were mesmerized. Their eyes were transfixed on the glory that their lord had
bestowed upon their fellow citizens. Still, the fully transformed frogloks seemed natural,
though the evidence of their blessings was far from subtle. They were, after all, merely
an evolution; a reminder of the power that the heavens hold over the mortal realm.

Within hours of their return to Guk, the chosen of Mithaniel moved frantically to prepare.
Several days of prayer, fasting, and planning allowed them to convey the urgency of their
visions to the elders and citizens of Guk. They had emerged from the swamp with not only a
new form, but also a plan for what would become a new age in the annals of froglok lore.
They had been given a clear vision of conquest: Grobb would fall beneath them.

Weakened by the loss of their relic and the disappearance of their greatest heroes, the
citizens of Grobb sat unaware in the morning gloom. Their minds were on the ocean and the
black waters that were swallowing their kin, a crucial distraction for the interlopers'
plans. The trolls of Grobb were wading through the quicksand of despair, blind to the
final blow that was gathering in the shadows just outside their city's gates.

Not unlike the froglok elders, the Bashers were mesmerized when their eyes first caught
sight of the faces that emerged from Innothule's waters. However, the enthralling sight
was not glorious to them, but rather a horrific vision. The first thoughts that came to
them were of their god. An epiphany occurred simultaneously among the small crowds of
trolls. As they stood on the familiar shores of Innothule, each one began to understand...
they must have somehow angered their god... and the assault that was coming towards them
must be his final act of retribution.

The battle lasted only hours. From the first call of alarm, to the moment the last of the
terrified trolls scurried into the Feerrott and the sands of Ro, the frogloks were clearly
blessed. The trolls were reduced to an almost primal state. Those that stood and fought
were quickly reduced to a smoldering and broken mass; evidence of the true power of what
would be called the Guktan army. The Lance of Mithaniel could only triumph in their
mission. Grobb stood decimated before them.

Gukta, the outpost of Marr... The visions that awaited them in the waters of Innothule
that first night were not wrong. As the first light of morning broke through the haze and
smoke of battle, the frogloks worked quickly to erect proof of their victory. Before the
noon sun reached its pinnacle, the city was transformed. Grobb was no more.