Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:25 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Default Made a new server, game crashes on entry.

Hey there! Followed the new server setup guide and have made a lot of progress!

I see my server in the server list, I can login to it (get to character select), I can even make a character! Sadly, when I try to enter the world, my client crashes. I'm using Titanium.

I tried to enter another server's world and the game loaded in just fine, even using the same race/class combo I was attempting to use on my server.

Probably a very obvious newbie error, but I am but a newbie! :P
Old 03-20-2016, 01:43 AM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

I have what does the fox say playing in my head but with the words, "What do the logs say? Error, error, error, error, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash."

But really, what do the logs and console say?
Old 03-20-2016, 01:48 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenxai View Post
I have what does the fox say playing in my head but with the words, "What do the logs say? Error, error, error, error, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash."

But really, what do the logs and console say?
Pretty new to this, and truthfully just followed the beginners guide but I'll do my best to answer.

Of the four command windows open, none is showing any errors other than nonstop saying "Failed to save eqtime".

Also, the guide mentions one of those windows should be called eqlaunch.exe, but I don't see that one. Instead, I have one that is simply called 7004:sleeping.

If there are some other crash logs I can report, please let me know! I'll be fast to respond
Old 03-20-2016, 02:29 AM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

You're missing database updates. Please use Akkadius's tool or apply them manually.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:33 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Quote:
You're missing database updates. Please use Akkadius's tool or apply them manually.
Hmmm, I see his repack (which I didn't know existed... seems a lot easier than what I did), am I missing something else?

I could just start from scratch and use his repack but I wouldn't want the things I've already done to interfere with it. Wish I'd seen that to begin with

Edit: I think I understand how to manually update the database, I'll try that. (Option 3 in the world.exe startup menu I think... I'll give it a shot!)
Old 03-20-2016, 02:40 AM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

Sorry, I'm sleeping at the keyboard. I should have been more specific. I'm referring to his database update tool. It'll automatically run when you start the server. I can't tell you more about it because I have it removed. It will go through and apply any missing updates automagically. In fact, mash your face on the keyboard and grab everything from it (latest opcodes too)--it's amazing!
Old 03-20-2016, 02:43 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Quote:
Sorry, I'm sleeping at the keyboard. I should have been more specific. I'm referring to his database update tool. It'll automatically run when you start the server. I can't tell you more about it because I have it removed. It will go through and apply any missing updates automagically. In fact, mash your face on the keyboard and grab everything from it (latest opcodes too)--it's amazing!
Well, I attempted to manually update the database and I get a MASSIVE string of "the system cannot find the path specified" when it pulls each missing update (which you were right, there was a ton of them). As new as I am, I have no idea where I might have went wrong. :/
Old 03-20-2016, 02:44 AM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

That's okay friend I can help you with that ^^ Where is your perl installed?
Old 03-20-2016, 02:48 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Hm, I've got two Perl directories. One is simply C:\Perl while the other is C:\Perl64.

A long time ago I used AXClassic repack, but I thought I'd removed everything associated with it prior to this.

The standard Perl directory has more folders in it, and I'm assuming is more recent. I followed http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...Guide&frm=Main and downloaded/installed Perl as it stated to do, to the default directory Perl installs to.

edit: Used the start button, typed Perl and checked the directory of perl.exe, it's C:\Perl\bin
Old 03-20-2016, 02:51 AM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

1.) right-click My Computer and click Properties.
2.) In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
3.) In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.
4.) In the Environment Variables window highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section and click the Edit button.
5.) Annoyingly scroll through and find the perl listing you're NOT using and modify it to your current perl path.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:57 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

Quote:
1.) right-click My Computer and click Properties.
2.) In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
3.) In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.
4.) In the Environment Variables window highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section and click the Edit button.
5.) Annoyingly scroll through and find the perl listing you're NOT using and modify it to your current perl path.
Done, there was 4 of them. Two for the duplicate unused directory I mentioned before, and two for the old Axclassic server. I restarted world.exe and am going to attempt to apply the updates manually again. I'll post an update whether successful or not momentarily Thanks so much for all your help! Don't let me keep you up though

Edit: I think it might have worked! Had a couple odd messages about merc tables but then applied everything else correctly! Gunna try logging in!
Old 03-20-2016, 03:00 AM
trustandfall
Sarnak

You... are... amazing! I'm in!