Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 PM
bristle
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
Yes, there is. It's what you have once you've sourced 2294 and applied all the updates.
where are the updates?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM
orionsun
Banned

Do you actually think you are in a position to write a guide explaining something you clearly do not understand?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 PM
bristle
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsun View Post
Do you actually think you are in a position to write a guide explaining something you clearly do not understand?
well tell me where the update for sql are then since you clearly understand things.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:33 PM
bristle
Sarnak

**posted twice**
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Drajor
Developer

I am planning on moving ahead with this idea in the coming weeks. I just opened my server for alpha and have a list of bugs as long as my arm so that puts me out for a bit.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Check the utils/sql/svn folder
Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 PM
bristle
Sarnak

me too. i am taking it easy but i am ready to load the sql server. i dont know how the minilogin is now. i am going to use SQLyog instead of Navicat since the thing has only a 30-day license.

when i get to the EQEmu binaries i think i will have problems. thats why i am going to look at 2214 to see how they are set up. i will update my misfit web server, so you can look at it and if you have questions, you can message me on here.

since i want a package and installer, i dont know what i am going to do yet since some of the stuff is from EQ live. i have 2 accounts that are gold, and 2 that are silver for live but i cant guarantee that others have an account for live. i would have to talk to the project manager here to see if an installer is a good idea. same thing with usb. usually you have to get permission for everything that you put on the portable so i may do it for myself and a few others but not for general distribution.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 PM
bristle
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by werebat View Post
Check the utils/sql/svn folder
ah, thank you. i was in a hurry. i see them there. a lot of them. gads. more then the wow emulator. i hate working with databases.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristle View Post
when i get to the EQEmu binaries i think i will have problems. thats why i am going to look at 2214 to see how they are set up. i will update my misfit web server, so you can look at it and if you have questions, you can message me on here.
If you can't compile the server code you have no business writing a guide, unless you wish to teach others to not understand how things work.

Compiling is not difficult at all, especially now that CMake handles finding the perl and MySQL dependencies for you.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 AM
bristle
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
If you can't compile the server code you have no business writing a guide, unless you wish to teach others to not understand how things work.

Compiling is not difficult at all, especially now that CMake handles finding the perl and MySQL dependencies for you.
bah. done.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

seriously...

don't write a guide elsewhere. put it on the wiki. that way anyone can correct/update/maintain it and information is kept in a central location instead of spread all over the place.

before you even bother starting the guide, learning the material you're planning to write about would be a great idea. as has been said already, if you don't have a good grasp of the subject you are teaching, you're just going to end up making things more of a pain for everyone.

if you want to do a binary installer, go right ahead. nobody can tell you that you can't do so. be aware that if you're not looking forward to offering support for it and keep it updated for a lengthy period of time, you aren't really helping anyone in the long run.