Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Default Fantasy novel

I finished my second fantasy novel today and in preparation for its release I am putting my first one up for free all day tomorrow. It is only available on Amazon so if you have a kindle or the kindle app and are a reader of fantasy fiction you will be able to download it anytime on Oct 16th free. The title is The Nine Keys of Magic. It is a self-published novel but I have been getting good feedback on it. If anyone here has already read it I thank you very much. Feel free to flame, other have.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:41 AM
sorvani
Dragon

congrats. I grabbed it and will give it a read.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

Wow, congratulations! Finishing a novel is a huge accomplishment.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:12 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

It's only $10, so I snuck a copy in my partner's shopping cart. When she commits to buying the cute shoes and jumpsuits.. I'll get a copy
Old 10-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

LOL. I tried to set the paperback price as low as possible. The print on demand presses are kind of hard on self-publishers due to their very nature, no bulk discounts. Thank for ordering it and I hope you enjoy reading it. It does feel like a major accomplishment when you finally write the last line. My first one took me almost two years to write. The second one was just over two years. They are the first two in a trilogy. As soon as I finish the rounds of editing on the second book and get it up on Amazon, hopefully on Halloween, I intend to starting book three. Let me know what you all think of it even if you think it stinks. I like to hear all manner of comments to help me improve on my weaknesses. Just to let you know, these books are not professionally edited, you will find errors, hopefully not a lot. The cost of editing was so high I would never have made it back in sales.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:31 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

yeah unfortunately unless you're JK Rowling or Dan Brown, writing is no way to get rich quick! Happy to be critical if that's what you're after.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Sorry to bring back an old post but if anyone is interested, both The Nine Keys of Magic and Myrkron (Volume 2) will be free to download from Amazon on Wednesday 9/10/2014.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I only gave a short notice for the free downloads last time and I noticed there have been a bunch of views on this thread since then so if anyone read the post and missed being able to download the books from Amazon for free, I am setting them to go free again on Wednesday, Oct 15th. Hopefully that will give those that are interested in checking it out plenty of advanced notice.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:13 AM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

Looking at the reviews, the second book is better than the first. Looks like you just sold a copy of the second one. Our middle daughter is a fan and doesn't want to wait!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

LOL. I thank you for that. This first book was literally my first book. Many people have told me my writing has matured with the second one. I am writing the third and final one in the series now. I hope to be able to release it by the end of the year but only time will tell on that. Tell your daughter, I am honored that she is a fan.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Just a reminder. Both books will be free to download from Amazon tomorrow, Wed. Oct 15th.