Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:13 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Default Rise of Norrath: A Custom Norrath

For the past month or so I have been steadily modifying and reimagining my server Rise of Norrath. From increasing difficulty where necessary, to fixing bugs, to creating hours and hours worth of content. The server has maintained a healthy 20-30 population on most days and the community inside consists of a lot of helpful players who are always ready to lend a hand.

Some custom aspects of the server are listed below.

-- Custom Scaling --
In order to add more depth to each class and each class archetype, players statistics play a vital role in their damage and healing capabilities.

This includes the following:
Code:
1. Direct Damage Spells
2. Damage Over Time Spells
3. Heal Spells
4. Heal Over Time Spells
5. Lifetaps
6. Procs
7. Skills
8. Pets
9. Melee Damage
These will be scaled based upon a certain statistic:
Code:
1. Direct Damage (INT)
2. Damage Over Time (WIS)
3. Heal Spells (WIS)
4. Heal Over Time Spells (WIS)
5. Lifetaps (WIS)
6. Procs (INT)
7. Skills (DEX)
8. Pets (CHA)
9. Melee Damage (STR)
Formula: damage = (damage * (statistic / 100))
Example: A character with 100 Strength slashes for a 37; however, if they had 337 Strength they would slash for 125.

With this in mind, each set of gear is incrementally better than the last Tier, allowing players a smooth transition between each Tier. Players will find the difficulty level manageable, both hard and easy at times.

Leveling players can farm in their choice of 13 zones that have a global defiant loot drop.

Upon reaching level 70, players have access to a FREE Epic 1.0 from The Wisp Catcher NPC in the hub zone.

After grabbing your Epic 1.0 you can look in to progressing through the current 20 Tiers of armor progression.

Along the way you can kill A Skeletal Bard in Freeport Theater for your Epic 1.5 Mold and Erised, Hand of Thule in Forgotten Halls for your Epic 2.0 Mold. These Epics require the previous Epic, the mold, and other server currencies.

For those who love a good sword and board, Paladins and Shadowknights can buy/craft 1HS/2HS versions of their Epics.

Rangers may also acquire an Epic bow.

Most of the Progression NPCs on the server have automated transactions, meaning you do not have to hand them any items. An example is our Tier progression. Simply Hail Forgemaster Ezekiel and he will list the Tiers you can choose to view recipes. Once you choose a recipe, you simply click the craft button on the popup and he takes the necessary items from your inventory.

We also have a Pet Leash Progression you can acquire through farming the same zones you do for your armor and Epics. These pets scale using a custom modifier (CHA / 100). Also, for every two Tiers you progress, you can use our custom #petgear command to equip your pet with powerful proc weapons and AC armor.

Note: Epic 1.0s, 1.5s, and 2.0s for Necromancers/Magicians/Enchanters have a pet that is slightly more powerful than the Tier-equivalent Pet Leash.

Ever wanted some insane item to work towards in EQ? Well, we've got you covered. The Master of the Trees has a class-specific Fruit progression that unlocks a Permanent Buff that provides you with 1,000 statistics (10x damage) among various other powerful effects.

For people interested in aesthetics, for 100,000 Platinum you can buy 1 Loyalty Credit, 5 of which buys 1 Ornamentation Augment (Weapon/Armor) or 1 Nimbus. This allows players to stand out in their own way and be more unique using new Hero's Forge Model instead of standard textures.

For quality of life, I have done the following:
Code:
Spell/Discipline NPC in the hub zone
#peqzone Access
#skills command to max your skills as you need to while you level
Experience has been increased 150 percent compared to normal experience
Hotzones (all leveling/Tier zones) have an additional 75 percent experience
/autofire from melee range
Endless Quiver, Permanent Illusion, Pet Affinity, and all Pet Disciplines are available to all classes for 0 AA Points.
Our current website is located here.
We have both an Allakhazam and a Magelo.
Server files can be located on the website, or in the Discord.

Discord:
Rise of Norrath Discord

There is so much more I would like to add, but the post would be super long. Come check it out and see what you think. It could be your cup of tea, or it could piss in your cornflakes. I'll flip a coin if you will.

Thanks,
Kinglykrab

Last edited by Kingly_Krab; 12-06-2018 at 08:40 AM..
Old 11-10-2018, 01:17 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

Awesome server to play on and if need help look for Tabaluga in game will help anyone who needs help. I been playing here since he reopened server he is on DAILY unless working to talk his players etc and all. Not a server where GM ignores you like a lot I seen in past here and there.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Drg
Fire Beetle

This server is a lot of fun to play on. Kingly had done a great job of continually adding in more server content to attain as well as the amount of time it takes to complete things. This is not a place where you are going to run out of things to do in a day or a week or even a month.

The classes with the stat scaling really does make your character feel powerful and you character does attain a state of semi-godliness later on even before completing all the content which makes for some fun challenges.

The community is very friendly and Kingly is quick to respond to suggestions and improvement requests. Bugs get fixed nearly as soon as they are reported in some cases even before you can turn around and zone somewhere else.

Highly recommend coming to check it out or come join us in Discord. You don't need to box to progress if you don't want to, but it is an option as well. And because there is an option for instances for most zones you can sign on and make some progress without having to worry about who might be where.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Vulamir
Fire Beetle

Default The Revolution of EQEmu- The Rise of Norrath

I've been playing Emu for years on various servers. Lootfest, Kimura (a lot of those) EZ, SH, LS, Exile, Ultimate etc. I believe all those servers have their own unique substance to them, as well as The Rise of Norrath. Lets get into it...

When the Server came up I already had a willingness to play on here. Take a look at the list of all the servers out there, how many replica servers are out there? How many servers are there own? Well Rise of Norrath is one of those servers that is its own. How much content you ask? How about 20 tiers of content, fluid programming if something isn't working right its fixed hastily.

Kingly has focused on content and his players. From a short grind to 70 with free epic 1.0's to get you started, to 1.5's and 2.0's and more epics in the future. This server has been tested and balanced constantly and it is in the PERFECT spot for all of us content lovers! The community on this server is absolutely wonderful and very helpful.

My friends and I bounce server to server all year long waiting for something special and I believe this is the server that grabs the player and pulls them in. From the Augments to Pets for every class, High scale damage, what more could one ask for? The quests may seem like a grind but they aren't that bad! Kingly always takes into consideration ideas from player feedback on great ideas that better the server as a whole. How many Dev's listen to their people? It's rare but Kingly makes it a mission to give us what we want as long as its not dumb =)

This server currently ranks at the top of my Emu list of all the servers I have played on and i'm very excited to see what the future holds for the server. Kingly has shown drive and determination to plug away at this server making it special and so far he's succeeded. This isn't a promotion of Kingly this is just facts that there isn't a server like it.

I am telling you, you have no idea what you're missing out on! It's soloable but its group friendly, play your way. There's no rush to the end there's so much stuff to do! If you want a server that's not just a time killer and a home, The Rise of Norrath is the server.

I cannot explain how relieving it is to have finally had a server that I enjoy playing on a daily basis without getting absolutely bored of. Cheers and lets have some fun! Appreciate everything you've done with the server Kingly, Keep up the great work man!
Old 11-21-2018, 01:13 AM
danxxx
Fire Beetle

I played on this server for a couple days. I'm not saying it's a bad server, it just doesn't fit my playstyle. The server basically directs you to exactly where to go and what to do, there is no choice or freedom. There is a list of zones to level in until you hit 70, before that you can't quest or do anything, so it's just a grind to 70 then the game starts.

Once you hit 70 you just follow the tiers from 1-20, at each one you go to the specific zone and kill until you have collected enough molds and cash and the key to the next tier, then you turn it all in for your armor and go to the next tier zone.

Every piece of armor has the same stats, when you get the next tier piece it adds a little more. There is no variety, no freedom to explore other zones, no special items to find, just follow the very linear path that it set in front of you.

For what it is, it's done very well, but I prefer more choices and freedom, more variety of equipment. 2 characters of the same class will be identical if they are on the same tier. So basically the only choice you have is your class, even then they can all pretty much solo their way through everything.

Yes, this says my first post, I can't remember my other account info. But I've been around since the beginning.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Osage
Fire Beetle

Rise of Norrath Guide

Rise of Norrath: Level 1 - 70
  • After creating your character you will be zoned into Thundercrest Isles which will server as the hub zone for all current content.
  • By speaking with Commander Vasker you will find out that players have access to #peqzone and #findzone as well as more commands which can be found by typing #commands.
  • Commander Vasker also tells you to join our server Discord in order to download our spellfile.
  • Next to Commander Vasker is Guardian Zamthos who is the general goods merchant for the hub zone.
  • Guardian Zamthos sells bags, poisons (usable by all classes), HoT potions, Weapon proc augs, and starter sets of gear!
  • Next you will want to speak with The Wisp Catcher, as he will provide you with an epic 1.0 for no cost! Right click him like a merchant.
  • Directly next to The Wisp Catcher is Curate Pokli who will provide you with free buffs! Hail him to get started.
  • Directly next to Curate Pokli is Grandmaster Jack who will provide you with spells and disciplines. Hail him to get started.
  • Now that you have geared your character and gotten your buffs, spells, and discs, you are ready to start leveling to 70.
  • Speak with Guardian Pocliosis to get a list of reccommended leveling zones which have a hot zone exp buff!
  • Start of in whatever zone you feel comfortable in and work your way up Guardian Pocliosis' list until you reach 70.
  • As you are leveling don't forget to utilize #skills to max your skills for your current level!

Rise of Norrath: Tier 1 - 20
Once you reach level 70 you will want to speak with Guardian Skarr. He will provide a list of Tier Zones.

Gearing your character:
  • For each Tier there are 7 slot molds and melee/caster offpieces. The offpieces drop randomly off the mobs themselves along side the molds.
  • To craft your tier gear you will need to seek Forgemaster Ezekiel in the hub zone.

• Materials needed to craft your new gear scales up the higher you go in content.
  • If you are having trouble acquiring crafting materials speak with A Loyal Individual and Gingerbread Man! They can exchange pp for materials!

Flagging for the next Tier:
  • Each zones mobs will randomly drop a Tier Key.
  • In order to gain access to the next Tier you will turn in your key to Guardian Skarr in the hub.
https://discord.gg/KV3XrtG
Old 11-25-2018, 12:36 PM
Osage
Fire Beetle

Rise of Norrath: Prestige Level 1

Prestige Level 1:
  • To begin the Prestige line of quests first begin by speaking with Achilles, Master of Prestige in the hub zone Thundercrest.
  • Achilles, Master of Prestige will provide you with a kill quest called "The Dragon Slayer":

• Once you complete this task you will be flagged to scribe 71 and 72 level spells.
  • As you are killing in "The Dragon Slayer" zones you will randomly get drops from trash giving you Dragon Slayer Tokens.
  • The Dragon Slayer Tokens can be spent at a Forgotten Warrior in Thundercrest. He provides the base level gear for this expansion.
  • You will then be able to attempt Dreadspire Keep!

Dreadspire Keep:
  • Without giving too much away. Each boss features a meticulously scripted encounter that will challenge even fully maxed out T20 players!

We on the Rise of Norrath staff look forward to seeing current and future players enjoy the content we have created for you! See you in game!
Old 12-06-2018, 08:38 AM
Siddan
Fire Beetle

I've been having a blast here over the last month or so. The population is on the rise and the core community is great. Everyone is willing to help you out if needed and the Admins/GMs are always active and listening to community feedback.

Class balance is a significant thing they're focusing on at the moment and the class diversity is growing which is great to see.

I highly recommend checking it out if you're looking for a fun server to play on.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:36 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Just a few changes from our #changelog channel.
Code:
190. Fixed Monk Epic 1.0 buff overriding Permabuff.
191. Changed Sound of Divinity to a 10 second stun with no maximum level and added a -300 resist modifier.
192. Changed Awestruck and Shock of Wonder to a 15 second stun with no maximum level and added a -400 resist modifier.
193. Changed Telekara to a 15 second stun with no maximum level and added a -500 resist modifier.
194. Changed Rune of Ellowind, Draconic Rune, and Aura of Runes Discipline to a 500,000 Damage Rune.
195. Changed Rune of Rikkukin to a 250,000 Damage Rune.
196. Changed Rune of Salik to a 200,000 Damage Rune.
197. Changed Ethereal Rune, Ether Skin, and Dull Pain to a 150,000 Damage Rune.
198. Changed Mayhem to a 75,000 Damage Rune.
199. Changed Spore Spiral and Ice Block to a 25 second root and added a -300 resist modifier.
200. Changed Vinelash Cascade to a 20 second root and added a -250 resist modifier.
201. Changed Ice Block, Petrifying Earth, and Greater Immobilize to a 15 second root and added a -200 resist modifier.
202. Changed Ward of Retribution Parry from -550 base damage to -5,500 base damage and added a -350 resist modifier.
203. Changed Ward of Reprisal Parry from -660 base damage to -6,600 base damage and added a -350 resist modifier. 
204. Changed Hand of Order from -125 base damage to -5,000 base damage and added a -350 resist modifier.
205. Changed Valorous Strike from -800 base damage to -8,000 base damage and added a -350 resist modifier.
206. Fixed Telekara, Sound of Divinity, Awestruck, and Shock of Wonder's maximum level, should be 100 now.
207. Changed Silent Dictation to a 15 second stun with a maximum level of 100 and added a -500 resist modifier.
208. Added a new Combat Progression, speak to Historian Artemis for more information.
Note: All of this scales with our custom scaling.
1. Advanced Melee Skills have 5 ranks, each rank has the following effect:
    a. Rank One: 25% Chance for an additional attack at 2,000 to 4,000 base damage.
    b. Rank Two: 20% Chance for an additional attack at 2,500 to 5,000 base damage.
    c. Rank Three: 15% Chance for an additional attack at 3,000 to 6,000 base damage.
    d. Rank Four: 10% Chance for one to two additional attacks at 3,500 to 7,000 base damage.
    e. Rank Five: 5% Chance for one to three additional attacks at 4,000 to 8,000 base damage.
2. Advanced Caster Skills have 3 ranks, each rank has the following effect:
    a. Rank One: 25% Chance for an additional cast.
    b. Rank Two: 20% Chance for one to two additional casts.
    c. Rank Three: 15% Chance for one to three additional casts.
3. Advanced Pet Skills have 5 ranks, each rank has the following effect:
    A. Damage (Controls Pet Damage and Proc Damage)
        a. Damage Rank One: Additional 10 Damage Modifier
        b. Damage Rank Two: Additional 20 Damage Modifier
        c. Damage Rank Three: Additional 30 Damage Modifier
        d. Damage Rank Four: Additional 40 Damage Modifier
        e. Damage Rank Five: Additional 50 Damage Modifier
    B. Health
        a. Health Rank One: Additional 5 Health Modifier
        b. Health Rank Two: Additional 10 Health Modifier
        c. Health Rank Three: Additional 15 Health Modifier
        d. Health Rank Four: Additional 20 Health Modifier
        e. Health Rank Five: Additional 25 Health Modifier

209. Field of Scale (oldfieldofbone) is now an AA farming zone and is only available to Tier 20 or higher players. These NPCs have a 35% chance to drop 1-25 AA Points.
210. Pet Procs are now properly scaled along with their melee damage.
211. Pets now have two modifiers, Damage and Health.
212. Removed "The Garbage Man" from the game.
213. Added Axe Components to Guardian Zamthos.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:59 PM
Llars
Fire Beetle

I very much enjoy this server. GM is hard working and an incredibly nice guy.

It's a very unique and fun server. Definitely worth checking out.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:05 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Hey everyone, thought I'd make a post here to let everyone know we are currently having a double experience and double loot event until January 1st. Come grab your class shards and farm some AAs with us!
Old 12-15-2018, 12:08 AM
eldarian
Fire Beetle

i wish eqemu had Like options for our forums
Old 12-15-2018, 01:32 AM
Osage
Fire Beetle

Prestige Two is now LIVE! This new content features 22 fully scripted custom boss encounters, level 73 & 74 spells, and EPIC 3.0's!

Arcstone Teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r5XAGoF7bo&t=4s
Old 12-16-2018, 06:50 PM
shadeknight
Sarnak

Tremendously fun server. Soloable up until prestige content. Then you maaay need help. Or just need to take it slow. Lots of plat, AA, and more grinds to do. This server is not a 'okay done' in an instant type server.

Not only that, but Dread and KK listen. They take suggestions into mind, they fix bugs, and more. This server is da bomb.