Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:45 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default What do you think of Glooming deep only for starting zone?

I always thought one zone (Gloomingdeep), for the Noobs to start would be more helpful for them, and bring new players together.
Since we can't instance yet, my plan was to start everyone in tutorialb, with option to return home if they don't want. This would be via the exit npc , once in tutorialb.
But this is just my idea, which I used on my ax_peq DB, and seems like players like it.
I would like to know what everyone thinks of this, and hopefully my first poll ever will work too.
Maybe we can get this idea ported over to the PEQ database if it's liked.

EDIT;
I blew my first Poll !!! anyways, post what you think
Old 01-20-2007, 05:59 AM
JrFaust
Sarnak

I like it so far.
I could see it getting annoying if one was to start a lot of new characters back to back, but I don't think that's going to happen often.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:24 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

If you can sort out how to skip the tutorial from the Character Creation screens (Start in Tutorial on/off), then I can see forcing tutorialb as the starting zone for all toons.

However, I wouldn't do this myself without that option. Yes, it's too much trouble to walk over to the exit NPC and say "exit".

This option is already available, using the variables table "startzone" value (client.cpp, line 984 or so).