Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 08-14-2015, 07:50 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

He'd probably hire Michael Bolton and accidently replace a decimal point.

Always mundane details.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Shendare
Dragon

https://github.com/Shendare/EQEmuItemEditor/releases/

Release Notes:

8/14/2015 - Version 1.1.2

* Fixed: The Slots checklist logic has been completely redone. It should no longer be flakey.

* Improved: Clarified the database connection process, which was somewhat obtuse before. There is now a Test Connection button below the database setting fields, and clicking it will result in a confirmation or error message, depending on the results of the connection test. You must test a new or modified connection before performing a search.

* Improved: After performing a search, the Search button will disable itself until you make a change to the search terms or database connection. This will prevent accidental multi-clicks and will let you know if a search was successfully performed and there were simply no matches.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:50 PM
Shendare
Dragon

BTW, the one prerequisite for this app is the MySQL ODBC 5.3 Driver:

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

I installed it so long ago that I forgot it doesn't get installed by default along with MySQL. You'll get a "Data source not found and no default driver specified" error if you don't have the DB driver installed.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Ack! Didn't realize I never uploaded the fix for post-SoF icons not loading and displaying.

#Release Notes:

8/19/2015 - Version 1.1.3

* Fixed: Post-SoF item icons in the icon folder will now load and display properly.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:48 AM
Shendare
Dragon

Release Notes:

9/12/2015 - Version 1.2

* Added: Option to auto-set item Class restrictions when you choose an ItemType. Default is ON.

Note: Some items are exceptions to the standard class restrictions (e.g., Druids and scimitars). You'll need to add any non-standard classes to the restriction list after they're auto-set from itemtype.

* Added: Option to auto-set item 3D model when you choose an Item Icon. Default is ON.

Note: A good number of icons were made with a specific item model in mind. Those have been chosen where possible. Plenty weren't, though, and those I've tried to find the most appropriate model to represent. With some there simply isn't anything, though, so they get the default bag (IT63). I also was working with only SoF icons and models. It looks like options really opened up for non-weapon, non-armor icons and models with SoD or Underfoot.

* Improved: Search panel will no longer lose track of which item you're editing after an item is Saved.

* Improved: A successful Database test in Options will now automatically switch you to the Search screen.

* Changed: Now that there are more than just Database options, changed "Test Database" button to "Apply Settings".
Old 09-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Xaeyr
Sarnak

Hi all. I just downloaded this and it seems to be working great, but I can't seem to get the icons to load. I thought I had it pointed to the correct icons folder, but I guess not. What folder should it be pointed to?

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2015, 05:50 PM
Shendare
Dragon

You should be able to point the icon folder to any location that has item icons in it, provided they're compatible graphics files (.png, .gif. .bmp). It won't work with the straight .tga or .dds dragitemxx files from your EQ game folder.

If you have your icons separated out into subfolders of the icons folder (blunt, slash, shields, etc.), the icon picker will sort them into categories in a drop-down for you.

If you need separate .png icons, one of the earlier releases included the item icons up through Secrets of Faydwer, separated into categories.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Xaeyr
Sarnak

Ah ok. Thank you. Loving this program!!
Old 09-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Glad you're finding it useful!

I hope to eventually have a model picker similar to the icon picker, where you can choose, say, a two-hand-slash-sword icon and pick from pictures of all of the two-hand-slash models available in the game.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:53 AM
fault
Hill Giant

Just wanted to say, Downloaded, works great. Pretty self explainatory, even someone without scripting knowledge would be able to use it
Old 07-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

I would like to request a feature on this. I would like to be able to export an item to an sql file and insert the items later.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:54 PM
mmohon
Fire Beetle

I think Im missing something. I edit items, but nothing actually shows up in the game edited. Like I dont see new stats or anything. I'm very new so I might be missing a step.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmohon View Post
I think Im missing something. I edit items, but nothing actually shows up in the game edited. Like I dont see new stats or anything. I'm very new so I might be missing a step.
Have you restarted your server or reloaded shared memory via #hotfix?

A bit late on this but this tool is pretty legit.. thanks a lot!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:14 AM
mmohon
Fire Beetle

Restarting server did it. Doh, feel like I shoulda known that.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:59 PM
phentop
Sarnak

I was getting a lot of errors trying to load the required MySQL-connector-odbc that the link takes you to. After trial and error - if you select an older version of the x64 version of the connector (ie.5.3.2) it will load and bypass all the errors. Love this editor. It saves a ton of time.