Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:07 PM
louis1016
Hill Giant

Default Import bot system from axclassic to PEQ

Is there any way for me to import bots from axclassic to peq? I like the way enchanters can automez but I want to incorporate that into my peq server. thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 01:50 PM
lich2594
Sarnak

I went through the code on the axclassic and quite a bit is different from the current EQEmu's bot code.

Are you looking for specific sections of the code to be transfered or ?

I also believe they use a different database system, than the current EQEmu.

Some of the code can be merged into the bot system, but you will need to know at least the basics of C++ to pull it off.

I have never used the axclassic, but if it has something of interest to me, I might see what I can pull over (since that's one of my focuses atm on my server; bots). What aspects of their's is better than the EQEmu's?
Old 09-09-2010, 02:47 PM
louis1016
Hill Giant

in axclassic each bot class has several options taht arent here in peq, like enchanters mezing adds automatically, among others, please let me know if u can help me
Old 09-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Taurinus
Hill Giant

The thing about what you're asking is this:

It isn't something that can be done and forgotten (unless you are fine with not updating from the svn ever again). You will have to maintain both the server source and the database schema yourself.

I would offer my help with this, but I'm already working on a Qt port of the source for an academic project.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:47 PM
lich2594
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurinus View Post
It isn't something that can be done and forgotten
Could you elaborate on what you mean, by the comment?

I have a lot of source code customizations on my server, and have had them, for almost a year now... I keep my server's base code on par with EQEmu's...

Updating the database is just as easy as updating the source code too...
Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 PM
lich2594
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis1016 View Post
in axclassic each bot class has several options taht arent here in peq, like enchanters mezing adds automatically, among others, please let me know if u can help me
That does interest me. I need to complete my current tasks, but then I would like to talk with you directly about this. Would you be able to send me an IM, on AIM (or another program)? My AIM name is located in my profile. You can also jump on our TS3 server, any time you like; I can speak much easier than I can type, while working.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Taurinus
Hill Giant

Quote:
Could you elaborate on what you mean, by the comment?
Sure. I was just pointing out that it isn't a task that is simply finished once the 2 code bases are merged. You have to remain vigilant and watch for changes coming from svn that could step on your customizations. All of this depends on just how trivial your customizations are of course.

The same goes for the database (to a much lesser extent).
Old 09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
lich2594
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurinus View Post
I was just pointing out that it isn't a task that is simply finished once the 2 code bases are merged. You have to remain vigilant and watch for changes coming from svn that could step on your customizations..
Ahh yes, you do have to stay on it. I thought you were implying that it wasn't possible or something.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:54 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

hmm looks like wildcard is back. maybe he can start some implementing some bot features from axclassic to peq or at least something similar.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:58 PM
lich2594
Sarnak

I started looking through the code, and it appears to me that a lot of features are already in the code. You just need to add some certain spells to the bot's spell lists and such.

Auto mez for example, it looks through the bot's spell table to find the best spell to use for the job. My PEQ database did not come with it already plugged in, into the NPC spells list #705. So after adding it, the bot now auto-mezzes.

Try it out.