Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-29-2002, 04:28 PM
Profett
Fire Beetle

Default Single Player EQEmu

Is it possible, to just play build or download a database and then play EQEmu by yourself without actually being connected to the internet and not hosting a server for other to join, for test purposes or if you are just really bored.

I have a full database with MoBs, items, zones, etc. I use ariaks database, I have found it to work nicely so everything should be working but I can not log into and use my own server. I get as far as making a character, but whrn I click Enter World it loads like normal and stuff but then boots back to server select screen.

I have found this to also be the case when trying to use many other servers, the only server that I have found to work real well is the Ero server, a 'green' server. The other green servers are usually down, and I just wanted to try playing Everquest by myself.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:54 PM
ibleet
Hill Giant

Yepper, It's called Minilogin. There is full documentation on setting this up in the readme.txt file.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Profett
Fire Beetle

Default Have read Readme

I have read the readme file, but it seems like mini login is just a way to play the game without setting a server on your machine.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:08 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

in order to play "single player" you must in effect run a server. its just closed to outside interaction so no one can log on.

just do as it says in the readme for running a local server...its all in there
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 04-01-2002, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Minilogin is also great for hosting a private LAN server, assuming you don't need more than 8 characters

Old 04-01-2002, 12:05 PM
ibleet
Hill Giant

Hmmmm....if it's so great for a private Lan server, then how come no one has been able to get it to work on this board? Are you speaking from direct experience or just speaking?
Old 04-01-2002, 12:22 PM
Profett
Fire Beetle

Default Alrighty...

I'll try it out, was working with it a bit earlier and said it could not connect to the login server, but I don't think I was doing it right, it says I was not connected to the login server. Had everything set as local host, I am going to go back and change everything to my IP address I suppose.

I just want to set it up so that I don't need to be connected to the internet in order to play Everquest.

How do I set up the eqhost.txt file ?
Old 04-01-2002, 12:23 PM
Baltar
Hill Giant

It is very possible to get minilogin to work. Where are you having problems?
Old 04-01-2002, 12:29 PM
Profett
Fire Beetle

Default Setting it Up

Ok, I am getting it all set up now, got an account created with the world.exe, got the mini-login set up, all my .ini's are set to local host, and I am going to change my EQHost to myip:5999
and hope that all of this works and it does not say could not connect to server.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Profett
Fire Beetle

Default w00t!!

WooT I am pretty sure this is all working, I can log into the login server, the only server that shows up is mine and stuff, hopefully the whole character creation, etc. works!

Gotta try it now! Be right back!

! Bah crap, 1017 error, cant log into Everquest Serverm try running patch program !

I think I messed up somewhere, but I'm not sure...

Anyone have some ideas, want to inspect my ini's ?

<Hmm... can't figure this out, got pretty far, but I get the 1017 error everytime I try to log into my server to get to character select Oh well, gotta work on this later...>
Old 04-01-2002, 01:41 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Take a look at this sticky thread in the support forum.
Old 04-01-2002, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

I am indeed speaking from experience. I downloaded EQEmu for the first time two days ago, checked out a few of the servers attached to gotfrags, and decided to try to get it up and running on my LAN. Now I'm no expert on LANs, and can't give you a TON of info, but here's what I did to get my two systems connected to the same server via Minilogin...

My db.ini looks like this (with my username and password edited out:

# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=xxxxxxxx
password=xxxxxxxx
database=eq

My LoginServer.ini file looks like this (where xxx.xxx.xx.xx equals the network IP of the host computer):

[LoginServer]
loginserver=xxx.xxx.xx.xx
worldname=1010101 (Private LAN Server)
locked=false
account=
password=
worldaddress=xxx.xxx.xx.xx
loginport=5999

My Boot5zones.Win9x.bat looks like this (where xxx.xxx.xx.xx equals the network IP of the host computer):

@echo off
start zone9x . xxx.xxx.xx.xx 7995 xxx.xxx.xx.xx
start zone9x . xxx.xxx.xx.xx 7996 xxx.xxx.xx.xx
REM start zone9x . xxx.xxx.xx.xx 7997 xxx.xxx.xx.xx
REM start zone9x . xxx.xxx.xx.xx 7998 xxx.xxx.xx.xx
REM start zone9x . xxx.xxx.xx.xx 7999 xxx.xxx.xx.xx
exit
cls

I REM'd out 3 of the zoneservers because with only 2 clients connected, and with us both travelling together, we never need more than 2 zones up at once, and having less seems to help performance for me.

Both systems are using this eqhost.txt (with xxx.xxx.xx.xx being the host's network IP):

[Registration Servers]
{
"xxx.xxx.xx.xx:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"xxx.xxx.xx.xx:5999"
}

I occasionally have problems with zoning unless I pre-boot the destination zone via #zonebootup, so we always do that. We both log in using the username "eqemu" and password "eqemu". Hmmm... What else might be important... Oh, both computers use Linksys LNE100TX Ethernet adapters. The hub is a (I'm quoting the box here, as I don't know alot about LANs) "5-port 10/100 Auto-Sensing Hub". The cards and hub came together as a cheap kit from Best Buy.

If anyone needs any additional information, I'd be glad to provide it.

*EDIT* - Corrected a typo

Old 04-01-2002, 03:01 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

theres only two ways to connect:

1. connecting to Gotfrags loginserver

2. Using minilogin which REQUIRES everything set to 127.0.0.1 or localhost. also, only one user will be alloud to play using minilogin. (dont bother with network IP's)

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 04-01-2002, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Wow, I hate to disagree with a member of the dev team, as I REALLY REALLY REALLY admire the work you've all done on this emulator, but you CAN connect multiple clients to the same server over a LAN using minilogin. Using the setup I described above, it works fine. I am absolutely not kidding. I'm using v0.2.6, with the most recent EQ client.

Those who've talked with me before and used the stuff I've written will tell you that I don't say it unless it's true. The 30,000+ hits my website has had can attest to that (http://www.gameroom.com/1010101). Most of the people here have at one point or another probably used my old epic item database for EthernalQuest (the old database that allowed you to summon non-lore one-handed look-alikes of the epics that had book icons), or the cleaner I wrote for the autogenerated item databases there. I'll admit, I've not been active in EQ emulation for months now, but I'm back and I'd like to once again help others do fun things.

Seriously, folks, try the setup I described above and it WILL work. What's the harm in trying? 5 minutes of lost time? And when it works for you, you'll love me

(http://www.gameroom.com/1010101)
Old 04-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

Hmm maby it will work.. i said what i said because 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999 % of the people that tried it cant cant it to work. only setup iv ever seen work is using 127.0.0.1/localhost.

i know there is no way to add accounts when using minilogin so u will only be able to have one person ANYWAY. only account that works with minilogin is eqemu/eqemu (unless u all log into same account and use diff chars)

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------