Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Default ! [Leetsauce]EconomyBased|Classic-OoW|Solo|Bots

I just wanted to post the new and improved sandbox of mine. I really wish I could get more people to play, and hopefully this will either A) Pique interest or B) Open an outlet of discussion as to why people would or would not be interested in playing on a server like my own.

http://leetsauce-server.proboards.com/
Overview:
The server ONLY SUPPORTS TITANIUM CLIENTS
Level Cap: 70
Xp has been raised slightly.
AA xp has been raised slightly.
Group xp modifier has been raised drastically to promote grouping.(does not apply to bots)
Spell scriber in hubzone
Skill-trainer up to 100(i think)in hubzone. The skilluprate is decent also.
Respawn times have been reduced to 0. All you have to do is zone out and back in, and the mobs will have spawned while you were gone. This may be changed in the future if it becomes a problem(floods of plat)
I'm actively on the server working on different things trying to perfect what is listed below in the content section, and proactively monitoring the fluctuation of money in an attempt to regulate it, but only in terms of gamebreaking.
Spells have also been modified and normalized. This does not make primary healing classes obsolete, I promise.

Plat-based progression. Every single item in the game has a price. Random trash and tradeskill loot has a low value to entice tradeskilling. You can buy the components for 5-10p to create a piece of armor worth 1-2k for instance. Armor and weapons are the most valuable as that is what the progression is based on. The idea is to play original EQ, gear up as you normally would by going from expansion to expansion (upgrading Temple of Veeshan gear to Vex Thal gear as an example) but being able to do it solo, and be able to do it by means of farming items to sell for plat to buy the next set of gear, or even your next epic, or even possibly your epic aug which turns your 2.0 into more of a beast than what it already was.

Bots have been unlocked. I have allowed players to do this because the population has been so low. I'd MAYBE think about disabling it if I had enough people playing that a brand new player could find a group, but on the other-hand I like the bot code that is in place on my server, and at times it has made it easier for me to use bots than to box.

I also unlocked #peqzone and #tgczone. Additionally, I have removed the debuff and cooldown on both.

Items no longer have required or recommended level, skill, or race(so I can perma-skelly someone if so desired and it wouldn't render them useless in the way of gear)

All door+key requirements have been removed. I've determined it does not take anything crucial away from playing a rogue.

Epics are purchasable. 1.0 is free. 1.5 and 2.0 and 2.5 prices are all priced to follow a level-scheme. You should be able to buy 1.0 at level 1, 1.5 in the 50's, 2.0 in the mid-to-late 60's, and 2.5 at 70 with a good start on AA's. This does make most weapons that would drop from a mob obsolete, except for the fact that it is a plat-based server, and they will net you money to put toward gear, or an upgraded epic.

Content: I have things toned to be doable by an appropriately leveled and geared group(6 people)or less. I have seen people with bot raids, but it's mostly overkill unless you just simply don't gear yourself and your original group of bots appropriately. I have also removed death touch from ALL npc spell tables.

Classic content: All of it is there, and complete. Just like live. Every mob that is the original version of a "fabled" mob it has a small chance to drop the fabled item.

Kunark content: All is there, and complete. Livelike. As with classic content the original versions of fabled mobs have the same small chance to drop the fabled item.

Velious content: All is there, and complete also, but I have added a little twist, and that twist is Sleeper's Tomb. Sleeper 1.0 and The Sleeper still sleeps..... In reality, it's an easy fix, so if anyone happens to want to see how awakening him would play out - go test it! I'll fix it when I wake up the next day to where someone else can experience the same thing. Oh! Fabled loot drops from original mobs here also. Same small chance. The 3 kings/lords of the 3 main factions drop the items instead of making the player do the quest. Small chance, but it's there

Luclin content: All is complete. Nothing really special here other than removing the need for bane damage from mobs like Emperor Ssra, and Lord Inquisitor Seru. Fabled loot from original mobs applies here as well. Quest rewards drop from the mobs here just as Velious.

Planes of Power content: All is complete with the exception of the Quarm encounter in which he will ONLY spawn for me with 1 head and have the appropriate loot table(i've copied the loot tables to every npctype of Quarm and still I get the same result. I've rewritten the quest multiple times to no avail, so I gave up and people will just have to deal with a single-headed Quarmdragon! =p Fabled loot applies to PoP as well.

LDoN content: LDoN Mistmoore is functional, but requires you to group with another PC, which means it requires a box, or someone else playing. You only have to have the other person to get the mission, then they can drop and you can go to solo town. Butcherblock gear is buyable, and is a good way to make money.

Gates of Discord content: I'm 80% with GoD. I'm missing a few npc spawns, loot tables, and spell tables. Mostly just bosses. Tacvi is 100% complete, and Txevu is as well, but I have not finished the Uqua Barxt encounter - to give you an idea.

Omens of War content: Everything except raids are complete here. Anguish is 100%, but Riftseeker King/Queen and MPG trials are not.

That is the overview.

I would like to find someone willing to help me with developing the rest of GoD and OoW and maybe from there DoN and DoDH. To me, this sounds awesome and I would play the shit out of it(as I do now =p)

Any feedback, suggestions, criticism, flaming, etc welcome. I just want additional perspective on how to make this server better, and more appealing to others. I'm not doing this for donations. I want to do this to have a community of people enjoy the game as much as I do by putting them in, what I think to be, a fun scenario.

P.S. I'm sorry for the cluster that is a non-word-wrapped wall of text.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetsauce View Post
The server ONLY SUPPORTS TITANIUM CLIENTS
That's why I wouldn't be interested.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

Yep, Titanium vastly limits today's playerbase.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

If there was a way(and there may be) for me to import my DB into a regular PEQ server using the installation process on eqemulator.net and not have it brick the entire thing, I'd do it, which would allow newer clients to connect.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:58 AM
blurman2000
Fire Beetle

I am interested in your server but similar to an earlier poster, my preference (and most probably shared with others here) is to not use Titanium.

I hope you are able to find a way to migrate it over.

Don't stress over this yeah?
Old 03-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetsauce View Post
Planes of Power content: All is complete with the exception of the Quarm encounter in which he will ONLY spawn for me with 1 head and have the appropriate loot table(i've copied the loot tables to every npctype of Quarm and still I get the same result. I've rewritten the quest multiple times to no avail, so I gave up and people will just have to deal with a single-headed Quarmdragon! =p Fabled loot applies to PoP as well.
I might be confused (this is about the number of heads on the model, right?) but I believe Quarm's number of heads depends on his helmtexture value.

As far as the database thing, I was going to say that it would be very possible to migrate stuff (shuffling data from point A to point B is what databases are for in the first place, after all) but then I got to wondering: how is that related to your server being Titanium-only in the first place? Are you using a years-old version of the EQEmu source? Because otherwise, the client doesn't really interact with the database in any version-specific way. The database faces the server; whenever some database info is needed for a client, the server gets the info, puts it into a packet (making any version-specific translations) and sends it off. The structure of the database doesn't matter to the client at all as long as the correct bytes are put into the packets. That's why Titanium clients can still connect to servers that support the latest clients.

Unless there's some other issue that escapes me at the moment (possible), in which case nevermind. If I am totally wrong, more info please! I'm sure whatever it is would be fixable.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
sorvani
Dragon

to randomly guess, I would assume it started life as AXClassic
Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Sorvani hit the nail on the head. It began as an AxClassic LAN server that I started taking seriously.

The way that I've understood it (and this could be WAY wrong) is that if I import my DB into a regular EqEmu server installation it will brick it as there are colums in places that there are none in my database.

The Quarm model thing I think can be fixed, but it's functional as is, so as stated before I just kinda gave up. No one has really complained or anything =p He casts the appropriate AE's and stuff at the appropriate % of life, so nothing is broken but his 3 missing heads =p

If anyone here has experience with moving an axclassic server (I'm using the PEQ DB option so it MAY work) to a regular eqemu server using other tools than AxClassic's repack - please share, because I'd love to play on this server with SoD or UF client. It would be that much better.

Those who are interested in this server - Titanium is a relatively small download if you'd like to play while I do research and work on getting it ported over to a non-axclassic server that supports newer clients.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

P.s. Please excuse me asking newb questions and seemingly being a newb when it comes to stuff like this. I've been working on the server since May of 2012 but I have been exclusively working with AxClassic repack's, etc, so me bringing this over to a regular eqemu that supports newer clients is completely new to me. I appreciate every single response and/or view this thread gets because it's one more response, or view closer to getting this server out there for other people to play and enjoy.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

I'm currently making a blind attempt at doing this. Basically, I'm going to just install a regular eqemu server, and import certain tables. I thought about doing the entire db (of which I have made like 9 copies =p ) but I want to play around with a base PEQ database that isn't from axclassic to see if it's any different. If it tuned differently in the opposite direction I would like to take the server, I will finish the import.

Can't promise this will work as this is my first time with any of this, but I feel like I've had a decent guide as this forum is baller for answering questions and teaching me how to do things. I've been somewhat tech-savvy in my lifetime, but never to this scale in the past, so it's awesome that people here are helpful enough to provide the opportunity to me. Thanks again, for the responses, albeit few, I did receive.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:58 AM
jonnyx3
Fire Beetle

I've been playing on this server since practically it's beginning. Leet has done so much already and his work is non-stop. It's rare I don't catch him in game working on something or questioning the players about an idea. He loves input and this really makes me feel part of the community.

If you use Titanium you must give this server a shot. You won't be disappointed. Hopefully Leet can make the right moves to get this working with more common clients. Until then, if you aren't using Titanium and have a copy, install it and you certainly won't be disappointed.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:36 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Those moves are in progress as we speak, and thank you for the kind words, Jonnyx3.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Server now supports up to RoF clients. Play, minions, play!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Default bump

Just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know about the major change
in the server. Most were saying that the server not supporting newer clients
drove them away, so we've upgraded and now allow up to RoF clients to play.
Here is the most recent changelog.

03/24/13

Big update:

Did away with AxClassic database. Imported and updated to PEQ's database, and bots.
We are operational up to RoF clients, and it is so much better mechanically. Most of
the ideas are still the same. Here is an overview:

-Level cap 85
-Content up to OoW is complete
-Updated pricing query; the result is a wider spread of pricing through all 12-13 live tiers of armor that will be available (at 7 currently)
-Xp boosted a little.
-Moved the armor merchants to the stables as it's easier to get to, and the red side will be
used in the future just as well.
-Spellfile changed to base UF spellfile. This allows for more spaces in the spellfile itself to
be used which is awesome.
-All zones unlocked(up to RoF client) no flags needed as of yet, but may be used in the
future.

The economy based progression remains intact, and will continue to do so. This is still
a work in progress, and a lot of work is still left to do. I am allowing other people to
work on the DB, and I'm very open to suggestions on how to improve our server.