Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:06 PM
kedobin
Sarnak

Default couple more troubles

I've tried searching these forums, the wiki, and google, but I've been unable to determine what specific phrases would work to find the problems I'm having.

Anyway, I've got 2 problems I'm trying to solve.
1: I've tried using the velious db on 0.6.0-dr2. It won't work b/c it needs items.h to have a value altered. So, I downloaded the source from sourceforge, and attempted to source it unaltered, but I have had no luck.
I'm trying to compile using Devcpp 4.9.9.2, with mingw (looks like 3.4.2).

Compile Log
Code:
Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\060dr2 source\Source\EMuShareMem\Makefile.win"
Executing  make clean
rm -f DLLMain.o Doors.o Items.o Loot.o MMF.o MMFMutex.o NPCFactionLists.o NPCTypes.o Spells.o ../common/EMuShareMem.o ../common/timer.o ../common/debug.o ../common/Mutex.o  EMuShareMem.dll

g++.exe -c DLLMain.cpp -o DLLMain.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/mysql/include"  -I"C:/mysql/include"  -D__GNUWIN32__ -w -DWIN32 -DNDEBUG -D_WINDOWS -D_MBCS -D_USRDLL -DEMUSHAREMEM_EXPORTS  

g++.exe -c Doors.cpp -o Doors.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2"  -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/mysql/include"  -I"C:/mysql/include"  -D__GNUWIN32__ -w -DWIN32 -DNDEBUG -D_WINDOWS -D_MBCS -D_USRDLL -DEMUSHAREMEM_EXPORTS  

In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32/bits/c++locale.h:43,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/iosfwd:46,

from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/ios:44,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/ostream:45,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/iostream:45,
                 from Doors.cpp:10:
C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/cstdio:167: error: `::snprintf' has not been declared
C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/cstdio:170: error: `::vsnprintf' has not been declared
C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/cstdio:177: error: `__gnu_cxx::snprintf' has not been declared
C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/cstdio:180: error: `__gnu_cxx::vsnprintf' has not been declared

In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/iosfwd:46,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/ios:44,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/ostream:45,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/iostream:45,
                 from Doors.cpp:10:
C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32/bits/c++locale.h: In function `int std::__convert_from_v(char*, int, const char*, _Tv, int* const&, int)':
C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32/bits/c++locale.h:68: error: `snprintf' is not a member of `std'

make.exe: *** [Doors.o] Error 1

Execution terminated
Whenever I double click the errors, it opens cstdio, in the following block
Code:
#if !_GLIBCXX_USE_C99_DYNAMIC
  using ::snprintf;  // this line
  using ::vfscanf;
  using ::vscanf;
  using ::vsnprintf; // this line
  using ::vsscanf;
#endif
}

namespace std
{
  using __gnu_cxx::snprintf;   // this line
  using __gnu_cxx::vfscanf;
  using __gnu_cxx::vscanf;
  using __gnu_cxx::vsnprintf; // this line
  using __gnu_cxx::vsscanf;
}
#endif
The final error in the compile is in c++locale.h
Code:
#ifdef _GLIBCXX_USE_C99
      const int __ret = std::snprintf(__out, __size, __fmt, __prec, __v); // this line
#else
      const int __ret = std::sprintf(__out, __fmt, __prec, __v);
#endif
That's all for problem 1.
Problem 2 involves setting up 0.6.0-dr3. I had attempted setting it up, to see what differences exist between the two versions. Unfortunately, I keep getting db troubles. If I run Kunark, I'm missing item table columns (a lot). If I run Velious, then I'm again told to adjust sharemem.dll, but for this version I haven't found the source (this particular spot, I will admit to not searching heavily for quite yet).

If anybody can help with either problem, it would be a great help.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:07 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

dev cpp and mingw is not a supported compiler for eqemu. Theres info on the wiki about using free visual studio.

0.6.0 is not supported anylonger either, maybe some people will be willing to help you with it, but I wouldent count on much support for such an old version.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:27 PM
kedobin
Sarnak

2 questions.

1. I've managed to get the source to compile (through vc++), but I'm now getting the same error for 060dr2 that I was getting for 060dr3. It's appearing within the world.exe output, which I've placed below. This is while using the Velious database.

I will state that not only did I attempt searching for help, but I did find something related to this. I followed the instructions, and was able to log into the emu in 060dr2. The resulting problem, though, is that it didn't explain how to retrieve the missing data, so I ended up with merchants selling all items for 0 money, and all spells I saw required level 255 (and there was something about a skill Tigerclaw. This was in oggok, as an ogre beastlord).

Anyway, I thought I did something wrong, so I resourced the db, but ended up with the same results. I was wondering where I might be able to find some scripts, or if not, then what I might need to alter to get things to work.

Quick summary in case either someone's just skimming, or in case it's too cluttered above/below.
emu ver: 0.6.0-dr2
db ver: Velious

Output of World.exe
Code:
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.6.0-DR2
[Status] Loading variables..
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Clearing groups..
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading items from database: count=46073
[Error] DBLoadItems query 'SELECT charges,unknown002,unknown003,merchantprice,un
known005,unknown006,unknown007,SpellCharges,itemclass,name,lore,idfile,id,weight
,norent,nodrop,attuneable,size,slots,cost,icon,unknown018,unknown019,unknown020,
tradeskills,cr,dr,pr,mr,fr,astr,asta,aagi,adex,acha,aint,awis,hp,mana,ac,deity,s
killmodvalue,skillmodtype,banedmgrace,banedmgamt,banedmgbody,magic,casttime2,has
teproclvl,reqlevel,bardtype,bardvalue,light,delay,reclevel,recskill,elemdmgtype,
elemdmgamt,effecttype,range,damage,color,classes,races,unknown061,spellid,maxcha
rges,itemtype,material,sellrate,unknown067,casttime,unknown069,proc_rate_mod,foc
usid,combateffects,shielding,stunresist,strikethrough,combatskill,combatskilldmg
,spellshield,avoidance,accuracy,unknown081,factionmod1,factionmod2,factionmod3,f
actionmod4,factionamt1,factionamt2,factionamt3,factionamt4,charmfile,augtype,aug
slot1type,augslot2type,augslot3type,augslot4type,augslot5type,ldonpointtheme,ldo
npointcost,ldonsold,bagtype,bagslots,bagsize,bagwr,unknown105,booktype,filename,
banedmgamt2,augmentrestriction,loreflag,pendingloreflag,artifactflag,summonedfla
g,tribute,gmflag,endur,dotshielding,attackbonus,hpregen,manaregen,hastepercent,d
amageshield,minstatus FROM items ORDER BY id', #1054: Unknown column 'charges' i
n 'field list'
[Error] If you got an error related to the 'SpellCharges' field, run the followi
ng SQL Query: ALTER TABLE `items` CHANGE `unknown008` `SpellCharges` INT(11)  DE
FAULT "0" NOT NULL;
Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadItems: !cbDBLoadItems
[Error] Error: Could not load item data.  But ignoring
[Status] ./LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
[Status] Loading ./addon.ini..
[Status] Loading EQ time of day..
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
Liberating a country that despises us...
TCP listening on: qeynburrow.net:9000
World server listening on: qeynburrow.net:9000
Connected to LoginServer: qeynburrow.net:5999
2. I'm attempting to determine if emusharemem for 060dr2 will still work with 060dr3. When using 060dr3 and kunark, I'm given a lot of errors, similar to above. If I use 060dr3 and velious, items.h needs altered. If I use an altered 060dr2 emusharemem, then I'm told
Code:
Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadItems: iItemStructSize != sizeof(Item_Struct)
Item_Struct has changed, EMuShareMem.dll needs to be recompiled.
[Error] Error: Could not load item data.  But ignoring
I tried loading the game, but I got a 1017 at the server select screen.

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Your DB items structure isn't compatible with Eqemu 0.6.2
It was a old version, i don't know if anyone remember how update the database.

mhhh 1017 ? are you sure your client (everquest software) is compatible with eqemu 0.6.2 ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:42 PM
kedobin
Sarnak

I think I might give up on upgrading the db and emu for the client I'm currently running (Version Number: SEQ12E67), since I'm unable to currently figure things out. Using 0.6.0-dr2 and 0.6.0-dr3 both don't work for me, as explained in an above post. Using 0.6.2-dr1 won't work either - the client won't go beyond attempting to log in, it just constantly displays the attempting to login window (not even an error window), but still permits use of alt-f4 and alt-tab.

However, I did find that I have a somewhat more recent (although still old) patch of eq, and I was wondering if it might be useable for the emu.

I ran eqvercheck 3.1.0 (or is it 3.1.1? Core claims 3.1.1, about window claims 3.1.0) on the computer, and for some reason it crashed when I ran it. The OS is WinXP Home, sp2. I then accessed the comp's eq folder from another computer, and eqvercheck worked fine. This computer is running WinXP Pro, sp2. Both computers used administrator accounts.

Anyway, moving to the version number I received, this is what this eq patch is.
Version Number: SEQF8E67
Extended Version Number: EQD289FD8F93085DA81BB74D3E1E2727A6B8291587

Thanks again for those of you patient enough to try and help me out.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:26 PM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Default help

[~RD~ Not permitted.]

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.

Last edited by RangerDown; 03-30-2006 at 11:58 PM..