Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Rolien
Fire Beetle

Default need help plz

ok i updated to 5.9 by updataing eq and changed the eq host i log in i see servers i click on server that is not down it says UP it brings me to char select screen i make char every thing seems to be fine untill i go to log into the world it acts like it logging in but then boom it gose right back to server select screen why is this? can it be fixed? and how can it be fixed if it can? :cry:

---Rolien---
Old 09-25-2004, 02:31 PM
ajb20
Hill Giant

It requirs a roll-back patch, which while some of us might have, we aren't allowed to speak publicly about. :cry:
Old 09-25-2004, 02:42 PM
rmanwop
Fire Beetle

Rolien how did u even get that far.. i dont even see any servers after i log in
Old 09-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Rolien
Fire Beetle

Umm dont do this because i maybe have done somthing wrong and dont want to be responsable for you not being able to get back on eqemu :cry: but IF you want to try suit your self but dont want to get blamed i just reloaded EQ regular then put the eqhost thingy in for 5.9 and bam i seen the servers but cant play on them so kinda pointless sigh
but if you try and get it working and playing on 5.9 plz ! tell me plzzz

---rolien---[/b]
Old 09-25-2004, 03:46 PM
rmanwop
Fire Beetle

Well i did what u did... only i did it before u told me what u did. and i get the same thing as u i am able to make a character and then i click play. i see the loading screen and hear the music then the music stops and about 30 sec. later i get the server select screen. can anyone who is able to play on a 5.9 server tell me how they got theres to work. thanks.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:43 PM
ajb20
Hill Giant

Quote:
It requirs a roll-back patch, which while some of us might have, we aren't allowed to speak publicly about.
as i said.. 5.9 is not compatible with live atm.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:31 AM
rmanwop
Fire Beetle

then why are the people that patched to live able to play. Hrmmm
Old 09-26-2004, 04:59 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanwop
then why are the people that patched to live able to play. Hrmmm
They can. On Live. Not on EQEMu.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:17 AM
rmanwop
Fire Beetle

i got it to work. also i patched to live and it is still able to work. hrmm while all u are saying that i wont it actually is.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:36 AM
ajb20
Hill Giant

If you patch to live as of at least Sept 26th, and try to play on a 5.9 server, it'll let you get as far as character creation. I did notice there are new 5.9 binaries though so they may have changed it to be compatible with live again. Will have to check it out. But that doesn't mean all the 5.9 servers are running the latest DR1 binaries

Also, if you can't play after patching live, sending me a PM is always a good idea.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Z.Wylde
Sarnak

i cant see any servers in the login screen....I patched to live, but then rolled back. but i did patch to omen of war...could that be the problem?