Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Default ^botfollowdistance

Trying to get this command to work but cannot for the life of me figure it out.

^botfollowdistance 150
This command requires a [set clear] argument.

WTF does that mean?
Old 10-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Uleat
Developer

Just a failure due to argument semantics.. https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...mand.cpp#L4544

Usage:

^followd set 150

or

^followd clear

It defaults to 'target' .. but, you can add the 'Actionable Bot' argument to set/clear on specific groups of bots.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Just a failure due to argument semantics.. https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...mand.cpp#L4544

Usage:

^followd set 150

or

^followd clear

It defaults to 'target' .. but, you can add the 'Actionable Bot' argument to set/clear on specific groups of bots.
Thanks Uleat. I'll admit I'm JUST NOW sitting down to figure out all of the new commands so I hope my questions arn't annoying.

So if you have a ^follow distance command how is that different from the ^setfollowdistance command?
Old 10-22-2016, 04:12 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Just from the name, the first seems like a command and the second seems like a variable. But that's just conjecture
Old 10-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Uleat
Developer

You mean from the old command system?

(Aside from the rework of the command infrastructure..)

They both will 'set' a bot's following distance to the given value.

With the old system, if you wanted to 'clear' the value, you just set it to (hopefully) the default distance..or camp and respawn the bot.

The new system's command has a 'clear' option to set it to the server's default - a bonus since following distances are now saved and loaded upon bot spawning.

In addition, this command takes advantage of the 'Actionable Bot' selector syntax.

^followd set 150 will set your target bot's following distance to '150'

^followd set 150 byname <bot_name> will set the following distance of a spawned bot named <bot_name> - which, of course, you must own

^followd set 150 targetgroup will set all owned bots in target's group (I know botgroup is affected..but, I think client's should work too - if the grouping issue gets resolved)

^followd set 150 spawned will set all spawned bots that you own

^followd set 150 all will set all spawned and non-spawned bots (all is not listed as an option..but, is not filtered out)

(Of course, using the [clear] argument affects the same change across the specified grouping.)

Suppose you had 1 botgroup spawned and 5 bots in your group.

Use ^followd set 200 spawned

All spawned bots now have a following distance of '200'

Now, go down your group (and botgroup) and use ^follow byname <bot_follower>, with your target being the 'to follow' entity (first being you and subsequent targets being
the previous follower) and move down your spawned bots.

This will give you a nice, evenly-spaced single-file line of bots.

Most non-bot attribute commands allow the use of some-to-all actionable bot syntax.

EDIT:

Note: ^follow and ^followd are not the same command.

Also, 'follow target' is not currently saved due to the complexity of spawning and assignments.

EDIT2: Yes, I just read N0ctrnl's post. The 'set' in the old command was part of the command name..whereas it's an argument with the new system :P

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 10-22-2016 at 04:29 PM..
Old 10-22-2016, 09:13 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
You mean from the old command system?

(Aside from the rework of the command infrastructure..)

They both will 'set' a bot's following distance to the given value.

With the old system, if you wanted to 'clear' the value, you just set it to (hopefully) the default distance..or camp and respawn the bot.

The new system's command has a 'clear' option to set it to the server's default - a bonus since following distances are now saved and loaded upon bot spawning.

In addition, this command takes advantage of the 'Actionable Bot' selector syntax.

^followd set 150 will set your target bot's following distance to '150'

^followd set 150 byname <bot_name> will set the following distance of a spawned bot named <bot_name> - which, of course, you must own

^followd set 150 targetgroup will set all owned bots in target's group (I know botgroup is affected..but, I think client's should work too - if the grouping issue gets resolved)

^followd set 150 spawned will set all spawned bots that you own

^followd set 150 all will set all spawned and non-spawned bots (all is not listed as an option..but, is not filtered out)

(Of course, using the [clear] argument affects the same change across the specified grouping.)

Suppose you had 1 botgroup spawned and 5 bots in your group.

Use ^followd set 200 spawned

All spawned bots now have a following distance of '200'

Now, go down your group (and botgroup) and use ^follow byname <bot_follower>, with your target being the 'to follow' entity (first being you and subsequent targets being
the previous follower) and move down your spawned bots.

This will give you a nice, evenly-spaced single-file line of bots.

Most non-bot attribute commands allow the use of some-to-all actionable bot syntax.

EDIT:

Note: ^follow and ^followd are not the same command.

Also, 'follow target' is not currently saved due to the complexity of spawning and assignments.

EDIT2: Yes, I just read N0ctrnl's post. The 'set' in the old command was part of the command name..whereas it's an argument with the new system :P
Excellent, thank you! I'll play around with it for a few days and get used to it before I ask any more questions about it.