Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Default It's me again, Pet rule

Now I think this would be a pretty cool and from what I know on the probable side of things on code that this wouldn't be too bad...

The proposal is to make a rules_values for client messages pertaining to pets... I thought about perhaps even doing something similar myself as it could just be one more custom feature that I would have to source in with recent revisions all the time. If we were to simply change it to a client message rather than say message based on a simple True/False on a rules values that would be rockin.

Thoughts?

Old 03-15-2010, 04:37 AM
trevius
Developer

At best, I think the nearest possibility to your request would maybe be a rule to just disable pet messages completely. Then, you could replace them with whatever you wanted. Though, to do that, you would probably also need more special quest commands and probably a new sub EVENT type to allow handling when pets get a command like that so you can send whatever message you wanted. If that was going to happen, it would make sense to also have a pet.pl type of file similar to default.pl or whatever. So, it would probably take a decent amount of work to do that.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I was only recommending for spam-type purposes.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 AM
trevius
Developer

Oh, I see what you are saying now lol. When you said "we were to simply change it to a client message rather than say message", I thought you meant you wanted the option to set the message.

Yeah, your request is probably not too hard to do. I haven't looked at the pet code much yet though, so I am not sure if that would mean touching multiple places where each message comes from, or if they all come form one place or what.