Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 05-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default Scribing spells for one level

Is there a way to scribe spells for just one level? I am trying to make a quest where it will scribe spells for 66 for one item, 67 for another, etc... but I can't figure out how I would scribe them for just that level and not all of the ones before it.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:27 PM
trevius
Developer

There isn't an easy way to do that. But instead of using quest::scribespells, which scribes all up to the level you set it to, you could use quest::scribespell (without the s at the end) and that should let you scribe individual spells. Though, you might want to test that to be sure as I have never used it.

For a while now, I have been wanting to add a new feature to the spells_new table that will let us decide which spells we want to give out and when with the scribespells command. Basically, if I ever get the code written for it and the new fields added to that table, you would be able to set individual spells to require a certain qglobal in order to scribe them via the quest::scribespells function. This would mean you could hold back certain spells for only people who have earned them, or set certain special spell sets for each class, or disable certain spells completely, or whatever. I think it would be a great use of the new way of loading spells from the spells table instead of from the spells file as was previously required.

I have looked into it a bit, but most likely it is just going to require having the scribespell function do a mysql query to see if the spell has a restriction global set on it and it's value and then ensure that the player scribing it has those matching qglobal and value. Though, since this could potentially mean a large amount of entries into the qglobal table, it might even be a good idea to make a whole new table called sglobal (spell global) that would essentially do the same thing as the qglobal table. It would work either way, but that is just another option I just thought up :P
Old 05-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

sounds like a good idea. For me though, I am trying to avoid having to enter in every single spell ID. I was hoping I would just be able to scribe that one levels spells instead of making it each individual thing which requires looking up every spell, then looking up the id, then finally putting it in.