Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-07-2002, 05:59 AM
Drawde
Dragon

Default World data 0.8

Sorry this is a bit late, I was trying to find out the best formula for monster min/max
damage. The ratio I eventually chose works reasonably well with the combat code in 0.30.

As individual .txt files http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/worlddata0.8.zip
As a compiled DB http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/worlddata0.8db.zip

New things in 0.8
- Compatible with EQEmu 0.3.0
- NPCs and monsters now have min/max damage determined by level and race, and spell
lists determined by class and level (spells don't seem to work though at the minute)
- More or less fixed Z locations for many dungeons - Solusek's Eye, Nagafen's Lair,
Upper/Lower Guk, Permafrost and Sebilis amongst others. Also more loot tables for the unique
monsters in some of these zones.
- Added many more spawn points for monsters in outdoor zones, especially low-level ones (thanks
to Trumpcard for the location data)
- Added a few missing NPCs, monsters etc to various zones (also thanks to Trumpcard)
- Many other bugfixes, tweaks etc.

I've also uploaded a more up-to-date version of my parser program (EQNPC) which supports
Velious and Luclin race and zone names (read the readme for a list). This should help out
people like Ariak who are developing world data for these zones.

http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/eqnpc.zip
Old 04-07-2002, 06:05 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

Wow nice and fast! (whats a day to re-create this all) Good work man!

Your DBs are great and im sure i speek for every one here wher i say Thank you for all your hard work
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 04-07-2002, 06:27 AM
Ariak
Dragon

Beat me :(
Old 04-07-2002, 08:16 AM
Timeout
Fire Beetle

Thank you Drawde!
Old 04-07-2002, 09:19 AM
Hmm
Discordant

woot! no more bare zones heh
Old 04-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

World Data 0.8 Bug report.

There are still some zone names listed as "FIXME!!!" in the spawn2 table. It seems that right above each occurance is an entry with a propper zone name and the same X Y and Z locs.
Old 04-08-2002, 02:12 AM
Drawde
Dragon

Oops.. I forgot to check for errors like that this types. They're usually caused by typos in the input eqspawns.txt file.
Old 04-08-2002, 02:28 AM
Zeitgeist
Discordant

Good work, though, Drawde, as always. /cheer
Old 04-08-2002, 02:34 AM
Soulos
Fire Beetle

Default Thanks Drawde

Thanks for the updated db, just got eqemu, we ran a little lan party with ver 0.2.6 using ariaks db, which was great my mates loved it as we were all EQ addicts, just wanted to say great work !!!
Old 04-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Yep, I actually tracked one down, the spawn count and number of xyz locs were off .... but couldn't post an update last night. BTW do you have a way to incorporate changes from someone else? Bug fixes and such.

Perhaps just send you a file with the changed lines, as well as the original line for referance?

example:
Code:
-:Hill Giant.....  ect  -: for removed line
+:Frost Giant....  ect  +: for added
and perhaps comments as to why some changes were made, wrong loc, dupe spawn, wrong model....

This would also apply to Ariak, It would be nice to help both of you track down and fix any spawn/database problems.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:30 PM
Ariak
Dragon

I can't update my DB until I fix the AI that is tormenting me. It REFUSES to work!

Even Drawde's mobs do not have improved AI, min/max dmg and or summon/flurry(ain't in..)/enrage/rampage. ETC.

No idea WTF is up.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:51 AM
Drawde
Dragon

The NPC special attacks and spell lists don't seem to work at all in 0.3.0.
I've tried doing some scripts for quests and NPC dialogue, but it doesn't seem to work at all.. the NPCs don't seem to respond to hails. I assume the number in the script (i.e NPC_SCRIPT #number) is the NPC's ID in the npc_types table?
Old 04-09-2002, 02:58 AM
Stud
Sarnak

Odd.....the NPC scripts work for me alright.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:59 AM
strychn
Hill Giant

yes...
NPC_SCRIPT #npc_type_id
i found that a number of npc_type_id s changed and broke all the scripts i had for pre 0.8 db :p
works fine again once i updated them in the scripts
Old 04-09-2002, 07:13 AM
Drawde
Dragon

This is an example of one of the quest scripts I tried to add, so people can see if there's anything I did wrong. It is in qeynos.qst in the quests subdirectory of the EQEmu directory.
This quest is the guard who wants you to get him a muffin, taken from the compendium on EQCaster.com, hardly the stuff of legend but I thought I'd start off doing simple quests! However Guard Wenbie does not respond to hails, neither do any of the other scripted NPCs.
Also, it'd be nice if there was some way of having the NPC address you by name, and also if they could give you items and money (this is necessary for most quests!).

NPC_SCRIPT 2459 {
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail:
{
SAY:Hello Charname. What brings you to Qeynos? Must be the mighty fine muffins over at [Voleen's Bakery]. I just love those muffins.
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:bakery:
{
SAY:Oh, it will be easier for us both if I just show you where it is. Follow me. But be quick about it because I have to get back to my patrol.
}

TRIGGER_ITEM:13014:
{
SAY:Oh, thank you so much. I do get hungry on patrol. Here, please take this reward for your kindness.
# give 3sp, and a brass ring
EXP 150
}
}