Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Attention Secrets!

Hey Secrets, could you bring your non-legit bot server back online please? I need something to do while project 1999 is down. :(
Old 04-09-2010, 12:59 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

It's been up for about 3-4 days now...

Quote:
Worldserver Name: TimesFive BETA III
Server Version: 0.8.0
Server Status: UP
Players Online: 4
Average Players: 2
Max Players: 20
Server Information
Registered Name: TimesFive
Server Type: Legit, Custom, PvE
Class: Standard
Server Owner: Private
Description: Official TimesFive server, it runs a heavily modified Mythic codebase.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Server Type: Legit, Custom, PvE.
That's not the same server. Does that mean his non-legit server is gone for good? :(
Old 04-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebarsis View Post
That's not the same server. Does that mean his non-legit server is gone for good? :(
for now, yeah.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

Will it ever be up simultaneously along with your x5 server? I need a non-legit server where you can turn on invulnerability.. unfortunately yours was the only server with that option.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

You could always get Angelox's AXClassic repack and run your own LAN server with all the non-legit goodness you'd like - http://forums.axclassic.com/index.php
Old 04-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

I don't think I'm computer savvy enough to run my own server. I saw the instructions for making one and it was like 40 pages long. Do you have a link for some simplified instructions specifically for making your own LAN server?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebarsis View Post
I don't think I'm computer savvy enough to run my own server. I saw the instructions for making one and it was like 40 pages long. Do you have a link for some simplified instructions specifically for making your own LAN server?
I know you can figure this one out Just go here and read the whole first post. "its so easy, even a caveman can do it"
Old 04-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

This definitely looks easier than all the other methods I've seen for server creation. Unfortunately I'm stuck in one area; I've created an account and started up MySQL and EQemu server, but how do I log in?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Change your eqhost.txt so it says Host=127.0.0.1:5999 and you should be able to log in just fine.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningsoul View Post
Change your eqhost.txt so it says Host=127.0.0.1:5999 and you should be able to log in just fine.
It said my username and/or password was wrong even though I know it's right for sure.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Odd, never had that issue - did you try making another account? You can always check the database with the HeidiSQL Editor from the tools option, go into the ax_classic database and check under accounts to make sure it's there.

EDIT - Did you check the "private login" button? You'll want to use that if not.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningsoul View Post
Odd, never had that issue - did you try making another account? You can always check the database with the HeidiSQL Editor from the tools option, go into the ax_classic database and check under accounts to make sure it's there.

EDIT - Did you check the "private login" button? You'll want to use that if not.
I just created a second account, and for some reason it worked. (I had used private login for both accounts.)

However, I have ran into yet another problem; the server list is blank. I think it has something to do with the IP addresses I have typed in, however I typed in my IP address from http://www.ipchicken.com/ for global and LAN IP like the instructions said.

I tried messing around and set my LAN IP to the IP address ipconfig mentions to see if that worked instead, but I still get a blank server list.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Try setting all the IP's to 127.0.0.1, on mine the global and lan ip are set as that and I've got no problems. Hope that gets you on your way, and be sure to go into the DB with HeidiSQL and set your account status to 255 so you can use all the GM commands you're looking for
Old 04-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

Hm, well I tried logging in with the IP addresses set to that, and still the server list is blank. However, I have noticed something. After reaching the blank server list, if I open up the command prompt with all the server messages it says (while constantly looping the phrases):

[Debug] [WORLD_LS] Connecting to login server...
[Debug] [WORLD_LS_ERR] Could not connect to login server: TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error 10060

I receive this message no matter what I've set the IP addresses to so far.