Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Prospero312
Fire Beetle

Default Can't get past server select

I am running Windows 8 64 bit, an intel core i5 processor, Nvidia GTX 560 graphics card, and the EQ version I am using is the download from Steam and had no install before that - that should cover hardware/software that is needed but let me know if there is anything else anyone wants to know. I tried searching the forums for my issue but didn't really find anything helpful.

I can get to the server select and select the server I want to play on, at which point the screen goes blank and eventually EQ stops responding. I do not get an error message or anything but I just end up closing out the window after a while of the game not doing anything.

I looked into the FAQ and tried to do the fixes recommended here including the multi core processor fixes. Running in compatibility mode for any of the previous versions of windows was not working. Running it as an administrator also did not do anything different. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do? I am pretty certain the server was running as I had just spoken with the person who runs it on IRC when I was trying to connect.

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Derision
Developer

The version you get if you download it from Steam today is 'Rain of Fear, which EQEmu is currently developing support for:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36104

There will be very few servers that will allow you to log in with it at the moment until development is complete.

I believe it may be enabled on PEQ and Stormhaven, and any server that has 'RoF' in the name on the server list.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Prospero312
Fire Beetle

Ok I tried using the Underfoot version, but still the same problem. Get to server, click connect, window goes black and non-responsive then nothing happens.

When I try compatibility mode the error I get is:

Windows - Application Error.
The instruction at 0x0587e086 referenced memory at 0x00000044. The memory could not be read.

Click OK to terminate program.

This error appears for any compatibility mode I choose from win7 down to xp SP2. Maybe that helps though? I am not really savvy when it comes to compatibility issues.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Which server are you trying to play on? Some don't allow newer clients.

You should not need to run eq in any compatibility mode or as administrator as long as you install it outside protected directories like Program Files.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

copy from the eq directory msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll to C:\windows\system and system32 directory restart the computer. other then that i would say it's DirectX is missing a file.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

If he was missing the visual studio runtime files he would get a popup saying so. Randomly copying DLL files where they do not belong is a sure way to end up with an unusable computer.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:52 AM
trevius
Developer

Most likely he is trying to play on P99, which only supports the Titanium client. I would suggest trying to connect to PEQ with UF and/or RoF to verify your client is working properly. If that doesn't work, then maybe there is something else we can help you with. If it does work on PEQ, but not the server you are playing on, then you either need a different client (probably Titanium) or you need to ask for support from the server you are attempting to play on or read their FAQ if they have one to see which clients are supported.