Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:17 PM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Post Problems setting up a LAN server

This is my first time trying to set up a server of any kind. I'm trying to do so over LAN so I can learn how to modify it, before I try to make it public (not that I expect much from doing so).

HTML Code:
Akka's Windows Server Launcher
Zones to launch: 30
Zone background starting enabled...
Loginserver set to run...
World: UP Zones: (8/30) UCS: DOWN Queryserv: DOWN Loginserver: UP P N
This is what I get when I run t_start_server_with_login_server.bat file.

It near instantly loads 30/30, but then, another CMD prompt briefly flashes on screen, and the server goes DOWN. It loads 30/30, again, and repeats the process.

I first followed this (https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server) .

When the above issue occurred, I assumed something was missing from my eqemu_config.jSON file, and looked to these pages (https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/eqemu_config ) & (https://github.com/Akkadius/EQEmuIns...mu_config.json ).

My current eqemu_config.json file reads:
HTML Code:
{
	"server": {
		"zones": {
			"defaultstatus": "0",
			"ports": {
				"low": "7000",
				"high": "7999"
			}
		},
		"qsdatabase": {
			"host": "localhost",
			"port": "3306",
			"username": "eq",
			"password": "eq",
			"db": "eq"
		},
		"chatserver": {
			"port": "7778",
			"host": ""
		},
		"mailserver": {
			"host": "",
			"port": "7778"
		},
		"webinterface": {
			"port": "9081"
		},
		"world": {
			"loginserver1": {
				"account": "",
				"password": "",
				"legacy": "0",
				"host": "login.eqemulator.net",
				"port": "5998"
			},
			"loginserver2": {
				"port": "5998",
				"account": "",
				"password": "",
				"host": "10.0.0.46" 
			},
			"tcp": {
				"ip": "127.0.0.1",
				"port": "9001"
			},
			"telnet": {
				"ip": "0.0.0.0",
				"port": "9000",
				"enabled": "true"
			},
			"key": "somelongrandomstring12345asdfffff",
			"http": {
				"port": "9080",
				"enabled": "true",
				"mimefile": "mime.types"
			},
			"shortname": "Yargh",
			"longname": "Yarghen Test"
		},
		"database": {
			"db": "eq",
			"host": "localhost",
			"port": "3306",
			"username": "eq",
			"password": "eq"
		}
	}
}

I have also run the t_server_crash_report.pl and it reports no crashes.

I had a few weird issues trying to install MySQL (which I read in another forum post, I needed), but since this is all new to me, I'm at a loss, and have been looking for solutions for hours.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:56 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Did you set up a login server? Not required to only allow yourself and your network on... But I think many people think they need to use the login server option but it requires manual adjustments to make it work; a server pretty much works out of the box, other than you may want to change the name.

Typically when I see a window quickly flash, it means I didn't start MySQL. I am guessing this is your issue because none of your other windows opened.

I use xampp for MySQL. Pretty much just install it then set the PATH under Environmental Variables in System if it didn't already.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pureinf...indows-10/amp/
Old 06-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Uleat
Developer

Use a command prompt and manually start all of the processes.

The console window will (normally) capture errors/states of these types of issues.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-14-2019, 10:38 PM
Stubbay
Sarnak

I tried reinstalling both MySQL and The entire server folder (not that I was ignoring the replies, but I felt I needed to cross those off the list). During the Akaa install, I noticed this was happening whenever it tried to access the DB:

HTML Code:
[Install] Pulling down Loginserver database tables...
[Download] Saved: (db_update/login_server_tables.sql) from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Akkadius/EQEmuInstall/master/login_server_tables.sql
[Install] Installing Loginserver tables...
'"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Shell 8.0\bin\/mysql"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[Install] Done...
The Akka installer comes with MariaDB and HeidiDB Manager; am I meant to set up something through one of these? Is it normal to have a backslash followed by a forward slash? Is that because it's attempting to launch an executable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Use a command prompt and manually start all of the processes.

The console window will (normally) capture errors/states of these types of issues.
How would I do so? I've never used cmd without following some kind of specific instructions. I'm completely in the dark on using cmd.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:11 PM
Uleat
Developer

Backslashes are a windows file structure standard, forward slashes are linux file structure and url standards.

Windows took one for the team and recognizes forward slashes as valid file structure separators.

That greatly simplifies cross-platform command line implementations.

EDIT: The script should definitely install MariaDB..it probably installs HeidiSQL as well.

You'll need to open an actual command prompt window - usually under windows button (start) >> accessories.

Then, change directory to your server's location (cd "c:\EQEmu Test" in my case.)

There, you can manually type world.exe, zone.exe, ucs.exe, etc... to launch each one manually.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-15-2019, 01:22 AM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post

EDIT: The script should definitely install MariaDB..it probably installs HeidiSQL as well.

You'll need to open an actual command prompt window - usually under windows button (start) >> accessories.

Then, change directory to your server's location (cd "c:\EQEmu Test" in my case.)

There, you can manually type world.exe, zone.exe, ucs.exe, etc... to launch each one manually.
The problem, as far as can be told, is fixed. I attempted the cmd method, you described, and failed, and could not for the life of me understand what I was doing wrong... However, your comment about MariaDB caused me to pause and think about what happened during my first attempt to install.

The problem: When I extracted the zip file, it had not (I later realized) extracted all the files. No clue why. However, the error it gave me during installation, lead me hunting which lead me to DL'ing MySQL, based on a past forum post, from these forums.

After installing MySQL, I then ran the installer... Which lead to the problems that drove me to the forums. After banging my had on cmd, I was sparked, by your comment about MariaDB, to think back on the earlier events.

Solution:Uninstalled MySQL. Uninstalled MariaDB. Ran the installer. Problem solved.

I can't understand why that first extract didn't finish, but it's caused me quite the headache. Thank you so much, for your time and effort. Time to start playing Norrathian God...
Old 06-21-2019, 10:15 PM
Stubbay
Sarnak

As I had this problem, again, after trying to reinstall a fresh server, I thought I should update the info.

I was getting the "[error eqemu_server.pl] MySQL path not found.

As it turns out, when I uninstalled MariaDB, and even checking the "remove data" option, it left behind an empty "MySQL" folder in my Program Files. The install bat, as far as I can tell, simply assumed the data was already in place, upon seeing this folder sitting there.

Solution: After uninstalling MariaDB, I deleted the left-behind-folder "MySQL". Install proceeded from there.

One more thing to keep in mind: If you uninstall MariaDB, the "remove data" option, also removes the installation files from your server installation folder. Add them back in, via the installer zip.

Last edited by Stubbay; 06-21-2019 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-21-2019, 11:06 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

If you were reinstalling to get a fresh database etc.

Once you have it installed you can use the eqemuserver.pl file to build a new server, you don't need to remove and add everything again.

Using the new server prompt will allow you to build a new db. Can move that file to a different folder and make numerous servers if you wanted.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:46 AM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomghost View Post
If you were reinstalling to get a fresh database etc.

Once you have it installed you can use the eqemuserver.pl file to build a new server, you don't need to remove and add everything again.

Using the new server prompt will allow you to build a new db. Can move that file to a different folder and make numerous servers if you wanted.
Sorry to come back to this reply, so late. That's something I've had to learn in the last week. I've had to learn a lot of new things lol. I appreciate the feedback, just the same, though. Had I seen this sooner, it may have saved me some headache in figuring it out. >.<