Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:58 AM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

Default Fresh linux builds, loginserver missing

Okay, I built a server just a few days ago and it was fine. I didn't need to do anything special to install loginserver, it was just there.

I built today, trying 32 bit ubuntu 16.04 to get rid of another weirdness with the NPC hails. After building and fixing my config files, I run the script server_start_with_login, it does the normal things and then starts constantly spamming...

sh: 1: ./loginserver: not found

the symbolic link for loginserver goes to a non-existent directory. Anyone have some idea what I did wrong here?
Old 06-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Loginserver is not built by default in linux installs

In order to install it you need to invoke

Code:
perl eqemu_server.pl linux_login_server_setup
Old 06-24-2019, 04:26 PM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

I appreciate the answer. I am running into a couple odd things then. When installing on Ubuntu 64 bit, it does indeed build the login server without instruction. It does not build on 32 bit.

There is something that has changed in Ubuntu 19.x - when building from there, everything appears to work but the npcs respond to all hails with symbols and squares (which I believe might mean an uninstalled character set, but I am uncertain). This goes away, at least on 18.x, 64 bit

When on 64 bit, I get some errors during the build process that I don't see on 32 bit. Also, on 32 bit, requesting the maps works fine, but on 64 bit, it comes back asking if the disk if full (which it is not) until I say "N" to continue - which it still seems to proceed to copy a bunch of map and nav files afterwards.

I was able to successfully get a 64 bit, 18.04 LTS Ubuntu server to run (including the login server) completely by running install.sh and nothing more. On this version the nps hails are working properly, as does everything else so far as I could tell. (Edit: I had to change the config files to match my IP, but nothing beyond that).

Thanks

Last edited by Fluff; 06-24-2019 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: accuracy