Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:24 AM
satora54
Sarnak

Just thinking out loud here, but maybe for every minion slain you get Ldon points, those points could be used to purchase gear and weapons.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by satora54 View Post
Just thinking out loud here, but maybe for every minion slain you get Ldon points, those points could be used to purchase gear and weapons.
We could do some kind of alternate currency that would resemble gold... I don't hate the idea, for sure, maybe on every PK it will grant... something similar to it? -shrug-.... All something to think about.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:50 AM
satora54
Sarnak

Ah alright, i just thought it would be easier because you could just set up an Ldon merchant.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quite true, it would, the only problem, someone could go into the PVE environment and just completely own everything, then for someone who likes PVP more then PvE could start in the PVP zone, and that PVE player whom has all the gear from said LDoN merchant would own the dude in the PVP zone... It'd be about balance more then anything, while the idea is awesome, and I do think it will be used if the server gets created. We have to think about a balance issue.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:37 PM
knowom
Discordant

Something I thought about when I first conceived the idea for a DOTA/MOBA based MMO a few years back is it wouldn't it be awesome to have it setup so you have hundreds of different hero templates to pick between. They would have their own unique stats and play styles. The neat part would be that if 1 player picked a certain one it was unavailable to the rest of the players amongst his faction side. None of the selected hero templates would permanent however and would be made able to pick from again when a player logged out becoming up for grabs again to other players as a selection choice.

I was thinking this could probably be done with (worn illusion mask effects) that transform a player into a illusion when equipped and the illusion spell fades when they unequip it. The masks themselves would have unique racial stats as well. For example you could have a mask for gargoyle and give a bonus to +defense +magic resistance. On the other hand you could have a mask for fire imp and give it +offense and +fire resistance. With nearly 500 or so races this adds a immense layer of customization flexibility for a lot of unique combinations. The mask slot could be used exclusively for this customization purpose in mind.

We could even restrict it to PVP if we wanted and #nukeitem the masks after a nexus was destroyed. The PVP zone itself could maybe have a 5 minute preparation time before it begins with a NPC that would give you the mask of your choice that's available to pick from with a say link quest command. I think this would actually be a step in the right direction for DotaQuest. This would bring in a ton of customization and a step closer to the overall MOBA/DOTA feel as well where your selection choice is entirely unique to your faction.

Some other things I'd thought of was used items or spells with prerequisites. Perhaps masks could have a +faction alliance tied to them where if your alliance drops any items tied to it would #nukeitem like with velious giants vs dragons faction you could have different quest rewards based on that alliance from a NPC. The spells/items themselves would function similar to typical DOTA/MOBA skills do in principle. I don't know if you could tie used skills into spells or not too, but that would be great to have say a flying kick spell it would make the customizing a better. This way we could have more of a class independent system. We could also restrict some of the (mask options) options based upon prerequisites certain classes and/or races.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post
Something I thought about when I first conceived the idea for a DOTA/MOBA based MMO a few years back is it wouldn't it be awesome to have it setup so you have hundreds of different hero templates to pick between. They would have their own unique stats and play styles. The neat part would be that if 1 player picked a certain one it was unavailable to the rest of the players amongst his faction side. None of the selected hero templates would permanent however and would be made able to pick from again when a player logged out becoming up for grabs again to other players as a selection choice.

I was thinking this could probably be done with (worn illusion mask effects) that transform a player into a illusion when equipped and the illusion spell fades when they unequip it. The masks themselves would have unique racial stats as well. For example you could have a mask for gargoyle and give a bonus to +defense +magic resistance. On the other hand you could have a mask for fire imp and give it +offense and +fire resistance. With nearly 500 or so races this adds a immense layer of customization flexibility for a lot of unique combinations. The mask slot could be used exclusively for this customization purpose in mind.

We could even restrict it to PVP if we wanted and #nukeitem the masks after a nexus was destroyed. The PVP zone itself could maybe have a 5 minute preparation time before it begins with a NPC that would give you the mask of your choice that's available to pick from with a say link quest command. I think this would actually be a step in the right direction for DotaQuest. This would bring in a ton of customization and a step closer to the overall MOBA/DOTA feel as well where your selection choice is entirely unique to your faction.

Some other things I'd thought of was used items or spells with prerequisites. Perhaps masks could have a +faction alliance tied to them where if your alliance drops any items tied to it would #nukeitem like with velious giants vs dragons faction you could have different quest rewards based on that alliance from a NPC. The spells/items themselves would function similar to typical DOTA/MOBA skills do in principle. I don't know if you could tie used skills into spells or not too, but that would be great to have say a flying kick spell it would make the customizing a better. This way we could have more of a class independent system. We could also restrict some of the (mask options) options based upon prerequisites certain classes and/or races.

What your stating is possible, the spells can be like I had it set up in DiabloQuest, where you typed; 'Skills' and every level you were GRANTED another skill point, so you could assign skills that way, the skills you assigned in DiabloQuest were put into your spell book and you were able to use them as such.

The mask idea is a stellar idea, I couldn't think of a better way to template out 500 classes, or so, to be honest. Skills into spells, now what you do mean by that? Like, Increases chance to crit/hit with Flying kick by X percent? Things like THAT are possible, yes. The nuke item thing is something I had already discussed for PVP, Though I'm thinking... The Nexus could be just one thing, like one Nexus and people had to battle TO IT and kill it, and instead of factions for that, it could be; 'The Nexus was destroyed by player X' and that Player X would have SOME kind of benefit for the NEXT PVP round they attended so people could gang up on them to shut them down as well as down the rest of the people...
^^ This would COMPLETELY Eliminate the NEED for factions. ^^

The PVE aspect honestly would take me 10 minutes to design, the items would take longer, because, lets be honest, I hate items, the PVP is what would probably take the longest to set up, however, it's VERY possible and VERY due-able.

knowom -- Feel free to add me on Skype, we can discuss further details and such there, if you so wish as well as maybe set up a Database for it.

Nerdgasm Steven -- Just look that up, you'll find me. =P
Old 11-04-2013, 03:48 PM
knowom
Discordant

What I meant by skills into spells is like normally only monk class is granted flying kick. I was thinking maybe we could make a class independent system then tie the actual flying kick ability to a spell to perform it and could have it's reuse timer built in to whatever parameters that could be varied case by case. The skill cap would no then be based around your worn mask. Skill ups would as they normally do, but the mask itself would level in sync with your character leveling and increase the skill cap accordingly.

I don't have skype installed atm because I really don't use it unless it's pretty much insisted upon same thing goes for ventrillo and teamspeak. For the database couldn't we setup like a shared Google Drive/Google Group where we could upload contributions and updates or whatever to periodically. I don't know if that's the best way to go about it for development stages or not. I think we could defiantly still use some more developers interested in helping with this projects, but maybe there will be more interest in that arena if we get sort of a early alpha development initiated to draw up interest in it.

With somewhat of a development team this project could be so much stronger is my personal feelings. We have more idea's to draw from, more people to collectively work on them, and more people to trouble shoot any problems or issues that we encounter. One thing that's immediately apparent on these EQemu forums is that different developers here seem to have different niche area's of development talents and area's of interest. If we could combine some of that together we'd have a better end product for players to enjoy. I'm pretty certain there isn't a MMO DOTA/MOBA hybrid game in existence today nor likely any that can be found in open development, but I would not be shocked if it was the next major revolutionary MMO type game genre.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post
What I meant by skills into spells is like normally only monk class is granted flying kick. I was thinking maybe we could make a class independent system then tie the actual flying kick ability to a spell to perform it and could have it's reuse timer built in to whatever parameters that could be varied case by case. The skill cap would no then be based around your worn mask. Skill ups would as they normally do, but the mask itself would level in sync with your character leveling and increase the skill cap accordingly.

I don't have skype installed atm because I really don't use it unless it's pretty much insisted upon same thing goes for ventrillo and teamspeak. For the database couldn't we setup like a shared Google Drive/Google Group where we could upload contributions and updates or whatever to periodically. I don't know if that's the best way to go about it for development stages or not. I think we could defiantly still use some more developers interested in helping with this projects, but maybe there will be more interest in that arena if we get sort of a early alpha development initiated to draw up interest in it.

With somewhat of a development team this project could be so much stronger is my personal feelings. We have more idea's to draw from, more people to collectively work on them, and more people to trouble shoot any problems or issues that we encounter. One thing that's immediately apparent on these EQemu forums is that different developers here seem to have different niche area's of development talents and area's of interest. If we could combine some of that together we'd have a better end product for players to enjoy. I'm pretty certain there isn't a MMO DOTA/MOBA hybrid game in existence today nor likely any that can be found in open development, but I would not be shocked if it was the next major revolutionary MMO type game genre.

Any skill is learn able by ANY player/class. Setting the 'max cap' would be the way go about doing that, set all MAX SKILL for Flying Kick for a Human Rogue (Lets just say), would be 0, when you equip the mask, increases skill in Flying Kick by 100 -- Then the damage would scale off of the damage//skill level you have WITH said ability, is that what you're talking about? If not, please correct me, as I have a hard time understanding typing a lot of the time, much easier to talk over a voice chat for explaining things. :P Hah.

A good way of doing what you are talking about (I literally just reread it, GG me.) is by making EVERY CLASS 1 single class, and working everything off of a AA 'Talent' or 'Skill' system, and have the masks do certain things, example; if you wanted to be a Assassin (Proficient in daggers//swords) the mask that you would buy would be Mask of the Assassin (As a example), and it would increase your damage done by Swords and daggers by X increases chances to hide by X, and so on and so fourth. I think that's how you are describing it, and if I'm wrong, by all means, please correct me. I want to get a further understanding on how you would like to set this up, as I see this idea could go VERY far.

Fair enough about Skype, I own a Teamspeak server, the information is posted at the bottom, and I'm usually in the room, if you wanted to connect and speak to me that way it'd be easier to try and figure things out;; Far as the Database, yes we could set up a Google Group with a few DEV's to put their ideas in, have a core folder and have everyone put said ideas in that folder, ONLY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DEV AND WILL CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING will have access to it, as if a random player figure would get in, they'd be able to see all the work we are doing for it, and that would just make it not worth their wait, am I right? =P. -- This forum since it's been moved to the Server Discussion has had 700 + views and it hasn't been here that long, so people are at least semi interested in the idea... If we remade a post stating 'DoTAQuest Coming soon!' or something, I imagine we would get more people interested in the 'Alpha' concept. I'm not saying remake a post, I'm just merely speaking from experience. =P.

I personally feel we should get 5 - 10 DEV's in on this project and make this a BOOMING project across the Everquest Emulator community boards. With people there we will have ideas to pull from, and heck maybe even incorporate EVERY idea that we can get from other people.

Far as your inquiry of a MMO DOTA/MOBA Hybrid game, no there is not. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a major revolutionary type MMO game coming out either, IMO. Lets just make a game with both things incorporated =P Haha.

209.247.83.121:9366 -- NO PW

Hopefully will see you on.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:43 AM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
Any skill is learn able by ANY player/class. Setting the 'max cap' would be the way go about doing that, set all MAX SKILL for Flying Kick for a Human Rogue (Lets just say), would be 0, when you equip the mask, increases skill in Flying Kick by 100 -- Then the damage would scale off of the damage//skill level you have WITH said ability, is that what you're talking about? If not, please correct me, as I have a hard time understanding typing a lot of the time, much easier to talk over a voice chat for explaining things. :P Hah.

A good way of doing what you are talking about (I literally just reread it, GG me.) is by making EVERY CLASS 1 single class, and working everything off of a AA 'Talent' or 'Skill' system, and have the masks do certain things, example; if you wanted to be a Assassin (Proficient in daggers//swords) the mask that you would buy would be Mask of the Assassin (As a example), and it would increase your damage done by Swords and daggers by X increases chances to hide by X, and so on and so fourth. I think that's how you are describing it, and if I'm wrong, by all means, please correct me. I want to get a further understanding on how you would like to set this up, as I see this idea could go VERY far.

Fair enough about Skype, I own a Teamspeak server, the information is posted at the bottom, and I'm usually in the room, if you wanted to connect and speak to me that way it'd be easier to try and figure things out;; Far as the Database, yes we could set up a Google Group with a few DEV's to put their ideas in, have a core folder and have everyone put said ideas in that folder, ONLY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DEV AND WILL CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING will have access to it, as if a random player figure would get in, they'd be able to see all the work we are doing for it, and that would just make it not worth their wait, am I right? =P. -- This forum since it's been moved to the Server Discussion has had 700 + views and it hasn't been here that long, so people are at least semi interested in the idea... If we remade a post stating 'DoTAQuest Coming soon!' or something, I imagine we would get more people interested in the 'Alpha' concept. I'm not saying remake a post, I'm just merely speaking from experience. =P.

I personally feel we should get 5 - 10 DEV's in on this project and make this a BOOMING project across the Everquest Emulator community boards. With people there we will have ideas to pull from, and heck maybe even incorporate EVERY idea that we can get from other people.

Far as your inquiry of a MMO DOTA/MOBA Hybrid game, no there is not. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a major revolutionary type MMO game coming out either, IMO. Lets just make a game with both things incorporated =P Haha.

209.247.83.121:9366 -- NO PW

Hopefully will see you on.
Yeah sorry if my thought projects of the idea wasn't super clear I was sort of thinking it up as I went along. The gears in my head are constantly turning on different ideas and ways to go about implementing them. It can be hard to put them into words sometimes. Trying to go about explaining something while constantly trying to think up new ways to modify, customize, and enhance it even further. My ideas are a bit loose and jumbled sometimes and a bit open ended to your own personal interpretation of them to be fleshed out a bit better or differently.

I think yes what you've said is the gist of what I was trying to say with your own twists included. I like some of those suggestions BTW on how we can go about putting these idea's into actual game designs. Basically yeah I'd like class independent system sort of with a NPC to change (worn effect) racial mask type templates out of combat each town could have one.

The templates themselves obviously would be unique and each one limited to only 1 player per faction at a time so your only going to have 1 Gargoyle, Golem, Lizardman, Sarnak, Dwarf Ghost, Centaur, Chetari, Gazer, Burynai, Goblin, Ghoul, Skeleton, Zombie, Orc, Wyvern, or any other cool race template you can think of that's been developed. We could even have templates alternate weekly or monthly to different ones like LoL does for players to try out new champions. We could then limit template option quantity amount to say 10-20% above the peak average user base for the server.

I think it would be nice to setup your standard Dota/LoL/HoN hero templates into (worn effect illusion) masks the illusion would change your race and overall stats and templates to reflect it. If you wanted a mask to be sort of like Aniva in LoL it could transform you into a phoenix and when your near death and based on a cool down timer it could have like a 100% chanced guaranteed divine benevolence spell CH you and spells similar to Aniva like a snare and some other stuff. Your mask could be your basic template, but then the other item slots could be more generic and ways to fine tune it further. Masks could have caps as well outside of the base template to limit how much you can tweak certain generic stat aspects as well.

As far as skills like flying, back stab, disarm, bash, sneak, hide, tracking, throw, ect any of that type of stuff I was just thinking of linking them into spells with preset skill values & caps along with set reuse timers. I'm not sure it's needed though, but thought maybe it could provided flexibility to free up action buttons a bit for other stuff. Additionally linking them with spells could provide enhanced flexibility like adding in a channeling casting time and could be combo blend them with spells like a back stab+blind or a stun+mana tap just oddball stuff to really make templates unique and different. A bit of both could easily be used depending on which is more appropriate I guess in terms of spell gems and action buttons.

I defiantly think we need to impose actual restricted templates though to avoid stupid combinations from being possible that are completely game breaking and void of any sense of the meaning of balance If some template become glaringly apparent that it's too overpowered we can tweak it and tone it down and whatever is next in line will be your hardcore min/max optimized template players are likely to abuse. I'm not going to pretend to believe players won't try to min/max I'm not that naive lol most of us are guilty of a bit of that. Personally I'm a little tired of the carbon copy trend to the player next to yourself found in pretty much every MMO you can think of on the market. Wouldn't it be great to be great to look and feel unique because wow believe it or not you were. Not only that every time you played in all likely hood you'd be something a bit different and unique as well!

I think this could spur a very unique PVE and PVP experience alike that's just never been done before in a MMO based game. Frankly there isn't a MOBA/DOTA style PVE game that I've seen either on top the complete lack of a MOBA/DOTA based MMO. I think this would actually pioneer two new game spinoff game genre types of RPG's. It's very ambitious I know that much, but I also know there is enough combined talent around these EQemu forums to make it pretty plausible.

I think at some point we should make sticky points on different subjects we've discussed to nicely condense it into sort of a development guide line to go off of. Some will be tossed out or mostly tossed out if they were too redundant or superseded ideas. Other idea's we could lump into a to be determined sticky section if we're still on the fence about them or parts of them. We may want to come up with like a keep, toss, and to be determined list eventually.

I'd love to have a DotaQuest coming soon announcement thread, but I think that would take away from the fun and surprise of springing it on the EQemu community. Another thing is I don't want to leave people hanging on waiting indefinitely for god knows how long. I'm not sure how to handle some of the alpha/beta testing, but one thing I hate about that process is the wait that's dreadful for something your really anxious about. I think maybe we could do something where we let a batch of players into alpha for short time periods then rotate them around a bit of course it depends on how much demand or interest there is.

I can't agree more about about getting more developers involved with the project. This could be a ground breaking and revolutionary game project. This could be special not only to EQ and EQemu, but to the MMO genre in general. I could see this idea taking off like wild fire if done well. This unlikely has been conceived within the gaming industry as whole let alone for EQemu.

I feel it's pretty unique and ground breaking in terms of concept and idea, but I'm sure anyone would feel that way about a new and different idea they felt passionately enough about. On that note it takes passionate developers to be new and genre defining and this could potentially be one of those rare situations.

One last thing sorry for the overly long winded wall of text post especially if there was a bit of run on sentences with poor grammar.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:33 AM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Far as the Database, yes we could set up a Google Group with a few DEV's to put their ideas in, have a core folder and have everyone put said ideas in that folder, ONLY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DEV AND WILL CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING will have access to it, as if a random player figure would get in, they'd be able to see all the work we are doing for it, and that would just make it not worth their wait, am I right? =P.
I think we could certainly control that and serve as sort of project development leaders for it. We can setup a place where anyone with access can freely contribute individual things rather easily on the fly.

The actual server database with everything sourced into it we could restrict access to if we wanted or we could just make completely open and public like the PEQ db releases. It really doesn't bother or concern me one way or another much.

I'm not opposed to sharing it frankly or portions of it. What comes around goes around. If people want to spinoff their own ideas from it they can. If they are intent on cloning some of our ideas they'll ask around and figure out how to do so regardless. I don't see it being worth the effort of trying to deter them. We might stand more to gain from just helping out the EQemu custom mod scene from positive karma.

If we planned for it I believe we could categorize portions of it what is sourced in a way that we can delete a % of non vital custom stuff with minimal ease for stripped down base versions of the db that could be made public to everyone.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

All good bud, happens to the best of us, =P Hah. I understand that custom aspect and making it better for the player, always find a way to make it better but at the same time, not game altering. xD

The best way to set that up what you're talking about with the 12 masks free is to do a #nukeitem at the start of every one of them, so a player can hail the NPC, and have it go; 'Greetings $name, this weeks free champions are; Goblin -- ETC ETC ETC.' When they click on Goblin, it'll list what he is, what he does, and what he grants, then they'll click the 'Do you want this $mask' and the person will click the $mask, once they do, they will get the mask, HOWEVER, if they want a... Lets just say Phoenix, when they click the $mask for the Phoenix, the client will check for the item (Lets just say Golbin mask is 1234, the Phoenix is 1235 and a different one is 1236), do a #nukeitem 1234, 1236 and so on and so fourth. Would delete ANY possibility of another mask, now some people may think, 'Well, what if they have it from a different free week? Well. Simple, add ALL of them to #nukeitem, GG =P.

The masks would be easy to set up, I pulled up a spell Falcon Eye for Rangers, and saw it increases accuracy with bows by 10 points. I got curious and decided to make a little test spell, so I did everything the same as the Falcon Eye, but changed the "Limit Value" from 7, to 0 - 10 it sure enough change it 1H Blunt, 2H blunt, ETC ETC. So, making people hit more, faster, and harder with weapons, not a problem at all, in fact, it'd be majorly easy. I like the idea of the Anivia, but the only problem I have with it, is, that 100% heal doesn't always happen, because if you kill her egg it's GG. So we'd need to figure out a way SOME WAY she could be killed BEFORE she gets her HP back, maybe make her have a FD effect when she gets low and then the heal CAST? I dunno, we don't even HAVE to use that as an example, to be honest, lol.

Oh yeah, that would be easy sauce, tie in Kick with like, interrupting shout, or something. That'd be pretty easy, that or we could just tell people to make macros and set them as; 'Do ability X -- Cast spell X' and have them combine anyway. xD We could figure it out, for sure.

Agreed. That will come with an Alpha test or two, pre-alpha test honestly, lol.

I can set up a forum or website when I get home (Probably just a forum to make it easier), where we can post ideas, and where others can post idea and what not. Not a problem, I'm off at 5 PM PST.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

And IF we wanted to do a donation thing to make masks permanent so people can play like Imp if it's not free that week, then we can make brand new items, like, A Mask of the Imp - 1234 VS Mask of the Imp -- 1337 as an example of coarse.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:05 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
All good bud, happens to the best of us, =P Hah. I understand that custom aspect and making it better for the player, always find a way to make it better but at the same time, not game altering. xD

The best way to set that up what you're talking about with the 12 masks free is to do a #nukeitem at the start of every one of them, so a player can hail the NPC, and have it go; 'Greetings $name, this weeks free champions are; Goblin -- ETC ETC ETC.' When they click on Goblin, it'll list what he is, what he does, and what he grants, then they'll click the 'Do you want this $mask' and the person will click the $mask, once they do, they will get the mask, HOWEVER, if they want a... Lets just say Phoenix, when they click the $mask for the Phoenix, the client will check for the item (Lets just say Golbin mask is 1234, the Phoenix is 1235 and a different one is 1236), do a #nukeitem 1234, 1236 and so on and so fourth. Would delete ANY possibility of another mask, now some people may think, 'Well, what if they have it from a different free week? Well. Simple, add ALL of them to #nukeitem, GG =P.

The masks would be easy to set up, I pulled up a spell Falcon Eye for Rangers, and saw it increases accuracy with bows by 10 points. I got curious and decided to make a little test spell, so I did everything the same as the Falcon Eye, but changed the "Limit Value" from 7, to 0 - 10 it sure enough change it 1H Blunt, 2H blunt, ETC ETC. So, making people hit more, faster, and harder with weapons, not a problem at all, in fact, it'd be majorly easy. I like the idea of the Anivia, but the only problem I have with it, is, that 100% heal doesn't always happen, because if you kill her egg it's GG. So we'd need to figure out a way SOME WAY she could be killed BEFORE she gets her HP back, maybe make her have a FD effect when she gets low and then the heal CAST? I dunno, we don't even HAVE to use that as an example, to be honest, lol.

Oh yeah, that would be easy sauce, tie in Kick with like, interrupting shout, or something. That'd be pretty easy, that or we could just tell people to make macros and set them as; 'Do ability X -- Cast spell X' and have them combine anyway. xD We could figure it out, for sure.

Agreed. That will come with an Alpha test or two, pre-alpha test honestly, lol.

I can set up a forum or website when I get home (Probably just a forum to make it easier), where we can post ideas, and where others can post idea and what not. Not a problem, I'm off at 5 PM PST.
I thought about doing a mask rotation thing a bit, but I hadn't really thought about making them purchasable or anything until just now.

I think it would be a great idea to provide that though which it wouldn't be super cheap or easy to come by however, but the champion selections would rotate weekly, biweekly, or monthly so they'd have a changing variety of options to try out different templates until they decide on a specific template they wanted to be more permanent. The faction based first some first serve rule would still apply of course, but this would provide them a better opportunity to use what they want to more often at least week where that template wasn't in the current rotation. It would also create a nice little money/point reward system sink of some sort as well.

As far as Anivia is concerned I was just putting out a example template I wasn't really thinking over every detail of it and if it's 100% accurate to how Anivia in LoL was and it doesn't have to be for that matter. Perhaps Anivia's divine benevolence thing would happen 100% of the time, but would be on like a standard cast time when it triggered would free the player in place momentarily and could be interrupted.

There are times where you aren't quite dead, but lay on the ground bleeding to death in game for EQ. We could probably do something like that and then use that bleeding time as a cast time to the CH divine benevolence trigger effect. I've actually had times in EQ as a cleric where I've landed CH on players that were laying on the ground bleeding to death then finished the CH in time before they got hit again or bleed out and pop back up with full health. I think at like 5-10% health it could trigger a FD with a rune shield on the player then have a CH cast on the player after like 4 or 5 seconds. This would give players a chance to kill off the player first.

As far as using the example or not it's really just a quick example explaining the sort of things we could do with the mask templates in general. It might not use a CH either for that matter. The flexibility of the customizing templates we can do is probably limited almost entirely by our own imaginations. We could also do similar stuff like have it casts a nuke on the player which killed. Essentially a you might kill me, but I'm not going out without bang!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:09 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Mask of the Imp 1337.
Funny coincidence that you just happen to use those numbers in your example l33t imp mask!

I'm thinking about character leveling, itemization, and itemization leveling and how we can tie them all into templates and such plus how to balance them as well. I'm also trying to think about what to do with the item slots out side of the masks along with augments. I want it so we can kind of tie things together nicely have a bit of personalized customization and keep it balanced plus easy and straight forward enough to design and keep track of it without it being a over complicated nightmare.

Anyway I want to get started plugging away working on some of these idea's we've been coming up with and discussing a bit. It's really just us two working on this project until we can find more developers to help with the project. I'm thinking I'll try to begin working a bit this weekend on coming up with a very basic list of masks to work with which we can enhance and edit more as we go. They'll intentionally be super basic to start with a worn race type effect all/all then like 5 ac, 10 ac, 20ac, or 25ac based on a vague interpretation of the ac racial lumped into how they might be categorized into like cloth, leather, chain, or plate. Just as a example clockwork gnome [88] would be plate thus 25ac mask, froglok (26) would represent chain 20ac mask, lizard man (51) would be leather 10ac mask, and spectre (85) would be cloth 5ac mask.

FYI watchful eye (375) [cloth] looks awesome Gazer FTW!!!

The watchful eye gives me a funky idea do you think we could make them path together set a path routine up and down a set course for them, but have it setup so at the mid way point they'd automatically cast a shadow step to completely randomize their path routine? I don't know if that would be possible, but it would be super cool if it is as I don't believe I've ever encountered that type of routine before from a npc mob and think it would add a neat element. It would be neat if they could also bind and cast periodically then every now and again cast those as well you'd never really know what to expect with them especially if you could a few in the same zone. Toss in a few mobs with knock backs and gravity flux and you a got a recipe for some chaos! Speaking of gravity flux and knock back it would be gnarly to combine the two into one spell simultaneously into a gravity flux knock back maybe even toss in a snare to give it some slow motion? I'm intrigued at the idea of custom spell combo idea's for EQ for both npc's and players. I can't say this enough we really need some more developers for this project and all the idea's we have in mind for it.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Eh, all the items and such I make start with 1337XX, like every server I've hosted have been 133700 for the first item, and goes from there, just something I end up doing out of habit. =P... Anyway, the ideas are good, for sure. I'm starting on those forums and will post them when I'm finished.

I do enjoy this idea, honestly I do. It's getting pretty good, now we need to sit down and write stuff on paper, (or in this case on forums), and get things finalized before we start a project DB... Forum link in a little.