Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:05 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
I'm clearly blind lol.
Look to the left of the screenshot with 2 tents, a house and npcs that are not in the original EQ. That entire area is just grass on live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
That is neat!
Couldn't have done it without the fine devs of EQemu. You're all putting out some awesome stuff lately. Keep it up.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:41 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
Look to the left of the screenshot with 2 tents, a house and npcs that are not in the original EQ. That entire area is just grass on live.
Ahh. It looked off but I honestly couldn't remember what was in that zone originally.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:20 PM
archdragon24
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post

CLASSES NOT DONE YET
Monk, Rogue, Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Druid and Shaman

Fire off some ideas for those above if you want.
Excuse the long post, i had been thinking of ideas for alot of the classes you have here, so I'm going to separate it out a little bit:

Healers:

I always thought the healers should be separate, but equal in terms of healing capacity, instead of clerics being the all out best healer. So came up with:

Cleric line (maybe Archon?)- Best Single/Group Targeted Healer, focus's to increase targeted heal throughput, instant casts, hpt/ac buffs, DI, ect.

Shaman Line (maybe Spiritualist)- Best Single/Group HoTer, foci to increase hot duration/heal amount, best stat buffer, melee proc(panther)

Druid - new healing type - Combat Regen/runeing - the idea here is that druids would have buffs that increase both natural regen, and the combat limit on natural regen, and then would rune you to hold of some damage as you reneged damage.

Ranger:

Well of course an Archer tree- but id like to handle it a little different then most servers, instead of shooting really fast with archer, i like the idea of a slow attacking, hard hitting. Bows with a 40/50 delay but that hit really really hard. the buffs could be a trueshot buff, maybe something that gives them endless quiver (to reinforce the archery style), something that increase spell range to cover bow range.

Thats all i have time for for now, ill add more later
Old 09-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

I'm all done with the druids now and wanted to share the healing path with everybody. More to come. Enjoy folks.

NOTE: Direct Heal Total only works for non Heal Over Time spells. This mod is used AFTER wis and
multiplies it by the Direct Heal Total %. Example: 20 point heal with 150 wis and 38% Direct Heal Total
becomes: 200 +150% = 500, 500 +38% = 690

• GROVEWARDEN (HEALER)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Protector of Nature (PoN)
- TIER 1: Increases your WIS by 30 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your WIS and CHA by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your WIS and CHA by 90 and direct heal total by 23% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your WIS and CHA by 120, direct heal total by 30% and healing crit by 15% for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your WIS and CHA by 150, direct heal total by 38% and healing crit by 19% for 1 hour.
Also grants your ancient treant Nature's Blessing, which gives it a chance to heal for 300 base healing while fighting in melee.

- CHARM: Life Spawn - Summons a life spawn on your enemy for 30 seconds and places a Life Shell (5 x level absorption rune) on the group
for 1 hour. Life spawns only do 50% of the damage of a normal swarm pet. Gets stronger per 10 caster levels. Grants PoN Tier 1. CD 10 secs
- SOURCE: Stream of Nature - Heals a single ally for 150 a tick for 60 seconds. Grants PoN Tier 2. CD 60 secs
- EARRING: Soothing Rain - Heals your group for 225 a tick for 60 seconds. Grants PoN Tier 3. CD 120 secs
- BRACER: Oak Skin - Increases your group's MaxHP by 12% and evasion by 7% for 1 hour. Grants PoN Tier 4. CD 12 secs
- RING: Summon Ancient Treant - Summon an ancient treant to aid you until death. Grants PoN Tier 5. CD 300 secs
Old 09-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

UPDATE:

I've done a metric shit-load of work on the server over the weekend and things
are moving along at a very fast pace. All of the classes that I've already finished are 100%
good to go in the game. This includes: 22 Charms, 22 Power Sources, 22 Earrings, 22 Bracers, 22 Rings and
quest-lines from 10 to 60 to get the items. As well as 200+ custom spells that have been finely crafted and balanced
to the best of my ability. There is also a hub, starter zone and other custom areas inside normal zones
that I have built for the server.

On top of all that, players get to go through Vanilla and Kunark once again with all of the same content they have loved
over the years. Nothing has been touched aside from the HP and damage of NPCs, and the custom areas I have added inside
the zones. There is no crazy random diablo loot or saturated loot tables on this server. I've learned a big lesson with my other
servers: NEVER give too much too soon. Keep the carrot on the stick feeling going at all costs, and let players earn and
have fun progressing in your world.

CLASSES IN THE WORKS
Paladins

CLASSES NOT DONE YET
Monk, Rogue, Ranger and Shaman

I love to hear ideas from others! If you got a cool idea for one of the classes above don't be afraid to tell me!

EDIT: Here is a treat for the Paladin fans out there. Enjoy.

• INQUISITOR (DPS)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Law Bringer (LB)
- TIER 1: Increases your 2HS damage by 40% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your 2HS damage by 80% and STR by 40 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your 2HS damage by 120%, STR by 60 and base melee crit by 150% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your 2HS damage by 160%, STR by 80, base melee crit by 200% and your haste2 by 80%.
- TIER 5: Increases your 2HS damage by 200%, STR by 100, base melee crit by 250% and your haste2 by 100%.
Also grants you a chance to proc two slash attacks when fighting. (Gets melee bonuses but does not rely on your equipped weapon.)

- CHARM: Iron Justice - Increases your STR by 200 but lowers your direct healing total by 200% for 1 hour. Grants LB Tier 1. CD 36 secs
- SOURCE: Divine Strike - Strike your enemy for 10 x level magic damage. Grants LB Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Holy Weapon - Grants you a melee proc that deals 4 x level magic damage for 1 hour. Grants LB Tier 3. CD 6 secs
- BRACER: Witch Slayer - Grants you 80 INT, 80 Magic Resist and 10% magic damage reduction for 1 hour. Grants LB Tier 4. CD 18 secs
- RING: Death Sentence - Sentence your enemy to death, instantly striking them seven times with two handed slash attacks.
(Gets melee bonuses but does not rely on your equipped weapon.) Grants LB Tier 5. CD 18 secs

NOTE: If you're new to custom servers: This server has custom source which allows STR, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA to modify melee/ranged/song/spell damage,
healing, pet/swarm pet damage etc for each point. If you see a buff above saying it gives 80 INT (WTF for a Paladin) it's also improving your spell damage by 80%.
That 80% in this case would increase Divine Strike and Holy Weapon's damage.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:24 PM
satora54
Sarnak

Hey Drak, it's Vak.
Long time no see.
I would love to see a paladin offensively focused on Sword and board.

Thundering blows: increase damage (to a cap) with each successful bash.

Righteous defense: For the next X amount of seconds, the paladin will block all melee attacks and strike back with a bash.

Holy Fervor: Each successful melee attack would increase the attack speed of the paladin, whilst lowering the cooldown on bash. (Could totally do a flaming fist animation here)

Cull of the Unholy: AOE stun doing X amount of damage to near by enemys and healing the paladin and group.

That's all i got for now, would be cool.

(be sure to bring back the brigand!)
Old 09-23-2014, 12:42 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satora54 View Post
Hey Drak, it's Vak.
Long time no see.
I would love to see a paladin offensively focused on Sword and board.

Thundering blows: increase damage (to a cap) with each successful bash.

Righteous defense: For the next X amount of seconds, the paladin will block all melee attacks and strike back with a bash.

Holy Fervor: Each successful melee attack would increase the attack speed of the paladin, whilst lowering the cooldown on bash. (Could totally do a flaming fist animation here)

Cull of the Unholy: AOE stun doing X amount of damage to near by enemys and healing the paladin and group.

That's all i got for now, would be cool.

(be sure to bring back the brigand!)
EDIT:

I am still playing around with the Paladin Tank and I'm going to see what I can do to make them unique. I liked the idea of healing aggro but it
might not work without adding threat mods to the spells. I know a lot of players were fans of the Sunbearer path so I might go more that route possibly. I'll figure
it out though when I get some time. (typing this on my phone).

I like your ideas and might use some of them. Bringing the Brigand back or something like it might become a reality. I'll see when I get to that stage of development. I need
to make sure the Paladin is good to go first.

More to come.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:36 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Hello folks,

I know some of you are anxious for an update, so I wanted to let you all know the Paladins are squared
away and I am on to the Shamans. Here is the Spiritmender path, a very unique healer that should prove
to be very useful in any group. Enjoy.

• SPIRITMENDER (HEALER)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Guardian of Spirits (GoS)
- TIER 1: Increases your WIS by 30 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your WIS and CHA by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your WIS and CHA by 90 and direct heal total by 23% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your WIS and CHA by 120, direct heal total by 30% and healing crit by 15% for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your WIS and CHA by 150, direct heal total by 38% and healing crit by 19% for 1 hour.
Also grants you 150 more CHA.

- CHARM: Healing Totem - Craft a tradeable (LORE/NO RENT) totem that casts unlimited Healing. Grants GoS Tier 1. CD 6 Charm, 18 Totem
- SOURCE: Soul Mending - Heals your group for 300 base healing. Grants GoS Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Winter Totem - Craft a tradeable (LORE/NO RENT) totem that casts unlimited Winter's Roar. Grants GoS Tier 3. CD 6 Charm, 18 Totem
- BRACER: Restore Spirit - Heals a single ally for 600 base healing and restores 600 of your mana. Grants GoS Tier 4. CD 21 secs
- RING: Ritual of Sacrifice - Lowers your STR and WIS by 400, raises your CHA by 200 and raises your group's STR and INT by 200 for 5 minutes. You
may not remove this spell and must wait until it wears off. Grants GoS Tier 5. CD 36 secs

NOTE: If you're new to custom servers: This server has custom source which allows STR, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA to modify melee/ranged/song/spell damage,
healing, pet/swarm pet damage etc for each point. If you see a buff above saying it gives 200 STR and INT to your group it's also improving their melee and
spell damage by 200%. Please also keep in mind that this server has custom damage/health for NPCs that fit these rules, so don't expect to go around 1 shotting mobs.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:34 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Love to see a peek at the Beastlord paths. Normally I play a mage, but I've been on a real BL kick lately.

I remember cycling through them all, but never really finding one to really do it for me. Farmed so many of those chunks of meat to change paths it was crazy, lol. As I recall, the Carnalsomething was pretty close to a standard but enhanced BL.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Sorce08
Fire Beetle

Default Rogues

I always wondered if it would be possible to have a proc based rogue that scaled with intelligence or something along those lines. It would be too much to have strong procs as well as the rogue's normal damage, imo, which makes it tough to balance. So I figured on lowering their normal dps and have them rely on their procs. Haven't really given it much thought, but that is something I would certainly have fun with.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:15 AM
Kailow
Sarnak

Drak, I loved the first Varlyndria. The second kinda killed me thinking it was going to be a server where you couldn't do anything without paying. I'm really excited about this, I think you've got an amazing ability to bend the game to your will. I've never seen other servers try to tackle reworking of classes, and I think you do a great job at it.

I can't wait for this.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupisnoctum View Post
Love to see a peek at the Beastlord paths. Normally I play a mage, but I've been on a real BL kick lately.

I remember cycling through them all, but never really finding one to really do it for me. Farmed so many of those chunks of meat to change paths it was crazy, lol. As I recall, the Carnalsomething was pretty close to a standard but enhanced BL.
From here on out I won't be releasing anymore path teasers on this thread. It's almost time to reveal the server! Just a little longer, you can do it! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce08 View Post
I always wondered if it would be possible to have a proc based rogue that scaled with intelligence or something along those lines. It would be too much to have strong procs as well as the rogue's normal damage, imo, which makes it tough to balance. So I figured on lowering their normal dps and have them rely on their procs. Haven't really given it much thought, but that is something I would certainly have fun with.
I have things set up this time to not be OP with procs. Players can only proc 4 times a minute and the damage is reasonable. I like your idea and
plan to make the DPS path for the rogue have a combo of both DD procs, backstabs and overall melee ass-kicking. You'll see soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailow View Post
Drak, I loved the first Varlyndria. The second kinda killed me thinking it was going to be a server where you couldn't do anything without paying. I'm really excited about this, I think you've got an amazing ability to bend the game to your will. I've never seen other servers try to tackle reworking of classes, and I think you do a great job at it.

I can't wait for this.
I can't wait to release it! I've been working my tail off on this server, making sure it's perfect for a solid launch. The fact there will be no more donation drama since everything is going to be cosmetic will be the best thing I've ever done. I want everybody to feel welcome. Thanks for the support!