Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:06 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Default The Rise

The Rise is a project I've been working on for a couple of days and I thought I would go ahead and release it, just to see what people think of it, and to have some bug testers.

Currently I have added 10 tiers of armor, 10 tiers of Epic weapons, and 5 ranks of upgradeable augments.

Some custom features include:
  • Buff Bot
  • Race Changer
  • Leveling Flag
  • Account-wide Platinum and AA Storage
  • Pet scaling based on pet owner's statistics
  • Translocator for leveling and tiered zones
  • More to come!!!
I hope you guys will come check it out, it has been a long time since I have done my own server, so I thought, why not? Thanks!

I almost forgot to mention, we do have a website: http://suntherise.forumotion.com

Last edited by Kingly_Krab; 03-18-2015 at 09:13 PM..
Old 03-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Thorpa
Fire Beetle

Sounds like a solid concept, what does leveling flag mean?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:24 PM
Almusious
Fire Beetle

Interesting server. Mage started with no weapon/gear and no spells. If you see my Mage on the path in Crescent still fighting the rabbit, I started 4 minutes ago (our regens seem to allow us to have an infinite fight -- or perhaps not, defense isn't going up). o.O Is Perl working? Or has the 1+ Quest girl been stripped of her quest(s)?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almusious View Post
Interesting server. Mage started with no weapon/gear and no spells. If you see my Mage on the path in Crescent still fighting the rabbit, I started 4 minutes ago (our regens seem to allow us to have an infinite fight -- or perhaps not, defense isn't going up). o.O Is Perl working? Or has the 1+ Quest girl been stripped of her quest(s)?
For people starting in Crescent Reach, you must have turned off the Tutorial, that's where you should go to start the content. Everything other than our content and leveling zones is kind of useless.

EDIT: The above issue has been fixed, all new players will be sent to Mines of Gloomingdeep. Even if they somehow end up in Crescent Reach, they will be teleported to Mines of Gloomingdeep and rebound.

As for the leveling flag, it's a flag you buy on your main with a set amount of AA Points and it allows you to instantly level your new characters to 70.

Last edited by Kingly_Krab; 03-19-2015 at 01:57 PM..
Old 03-21-2015, 06:39 PM
Sorce08
Fire Beetle

Default Fun Server

So far this server is pretty fun. Lots of custom items and nice scaling as you level. Among the custom items are the epics, which go through quite a few tiers, as well as quite a few different augments. Leveling is fast and the custom game really begins at 70...I'm not there yet and I am still having fun with it.

Great community so far too. Very helpful to new players.

Potnah
Old 03-21-2015, 07:11 PM
xebec
Fire Beetle

Aye, been having a good fun time here since it opened. Lots of custom stuff when you hit 70, nice folks and Kingly buzzing around like mad everywhere adding new things.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:02 AM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

I was hunting around for a server to play on casually as my playtime is quite minimal.

After initially starting a rogue, i was finding pet classes were superior, like in many servers. Afterall the custom fun stuff starts at 70.

Kinglykrab is incredibly active and sociable, even tries to get OOC ramblin' I made a simple request, to add red dragon teeth from Naggy available to everyone so it was a level ground to 70. To which he obliged. He will do anything to help where possible!

The community is great. there are not boss mobs to race for as of yet, no lockdowns in progression, its all at your pace. Even if the zone is full? go into an instance!

I've been on The Rise for a few days now, and close to completeing tier 1, there are plenty more ahead.

I really hope for longevity in this server, and it will absolutely flourish with more players! I haven't come across a Developer striving to help out his players like this before in any other emulated server.

Come give it a go! Send me a tell if you have any questions, or feel free to PM me, im euro based so i play offpeak, so calling euros too! you're not alone! *although.. i am.. i think..*

See you in game!

Sars Carrier
Ebola Carrier
<Relentless>
Old 03-25-2015, 03:10 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

To kick things off for new players, this weekend (03/27/15 to 03/29/15) we will have double experience and double loot.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:40 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

i can't find this server anywhere on the list or any details, might have missed something?
Old 03-26-2015, 06:36 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Like, what's the catch to this server? Seems like PEQ with like 4 custom zones and epic handouts?

Old 03-26-2015, 03:45 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Like, what's the catch to this server? Seems like PEQ with like 4 custom zones and epic handouts?
Oh no, I don't appeal to Maze_EQ, what shall I ever do? And no, it's not 4 custom zones. We have ten tiers, which you would have known, had you been able to read. I'm actually planning on releasing 10 more tiers, 10 more Epics, and 5 more augment ranks this weekend, as well as a new progression and some unique tiered items.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
The Rise is a project I've been working on for a couple of days and I thought I would go ahead and release it, just to see what people think of it, and to have some bug testers.

Currently I have added 10 tiers of armor, 10 tiers of Epic weapons, and 5 ranks of upgradeable augments.

Some custom features include:
  • Buff Bot
  • Race Changer
  • Leveling Flag
  • Account-wide Platinum and AA Storage
  • Pet scaling based on pet owner's statistics
  • Translocator for leveling and tiered zones
  • More to come!!!

10 tiers of armor and 10 tiers of weapons != 10 different zones....

Old 03-26-2015, 09:20 PM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Great time to try The Rise guys, Kingly started the double loot/double xp fest a day early. Instances are available for your farming pleasure too!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:58 AM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

DOUBLE XP AND LOOT WEEKEND! come join the fun!!

Kinglykrab has implimented many tools to get to 70 fast and efficiently!

Buff Bots!
Level 60 pet, unlimited charges of red dragon tooth!
FREE pet armor, to destroy the hot zones.
RACE CHANGER !!! - Troll Paladin, anyone?
SET SKILLS merchant, 300 in every skill!

Active OOC, helpful community, GUILDING is established!

Many players of different timezones = always something happening / some one online to talk to!

Give The Rise a try this weekend! I'll gladly help out anyone who is starting out, Send 'Sars' a tell!
Old 03-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I feel like an asshole, this server is pretty legit.