Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathernitwit
The fact of the matter is that the only way to contribute to the project is by posting SQL updates to the database. I have put in a lot of time to make EQEmu and PEQ Editor log all its updates to files for exactly this reason... but at the end of the day, there hasnt been more than a handfull of SQL fixes to any PEQ release in many months.
Probably, the reason for this is because your PEQ editor is an extremly slow process. This is ok for "quick" single fixes, but not for someone who is seriously zone-spawning.
In my case, I use three of GeorgeS's editors, PEQ Editor, MySQL Query Browser, and even the MySQL text shell; what ever is fastest for what I am doing at the moment, is what I use. So, if all I can provide you is entries from the PEQ-Editor logs, this would be incomplete.
Don't get me wrong; PEQ Editor, is excellent and very needed, but had I depended only on the PEQ editor, I would have given up a long time ago.
Also, It appears to me PEQ Editor has not posted an update since last Febuary. If you use the PEQ Editor that is posted for download, it will not work right (if not at all) with the latest Database. I stupidly hacked into it and got it half-assed running (took me weeks since I had to learn some PHP) - Then one day I "blundered" into the CVS and realized the updates were there. Now, this was just me - imagine all the other new-bees that downloaded PEQ Editor 1.0, got frustrated and gave it up? regardless what the reasons are, I got put under the impression you all had lost interest, or maybe did not want to be bothered.

If you want new fish on your side of the pond, you have to throw out some fish-food once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathernitwit
(BTW Angelox, as far as I can tell, you never posted anything about the database on the PEQ forums, only about PEQ editor)
That's why I said it; look at the replys I got - but I see now that PEQ Editor is not part of the PEQ database crew. I had given up on the whole PEQ forum after that.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:36 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Being the little ray of sunshine that I am, I will say -- I totally dig the philosophies of PEQ, it's charter and goals. There needs to be one true-blue-EQ, so to speak. Others will always customize, which is the great thing about this Emulator. I don't know of too many people thumbing their noses at the core database project, aside from those who care little about EQ -> Luclin progression and only want PoP+ content (maybe they all played older content to death and want to use the Emulator to see the rest?).

On the topic of eqextrator building entire zones from collects - would a tool like Zephyr's zone comparison script help with comparing existing PEQ/Database_001 with new collects? Might cut down on some of the manual effort.

Cheers, FNW. PEQ is very much appreciated.