Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Scarlson
Fire Beetle

Unhappy Players unable to interact.

Hello, allow me to start by saying thank you for reviewing this thread.
I am running an EQ server on Windows 7, which is using PEQ Database 2506.
It is running on an AMD Quadcore processor (2.2G), with 8GB of RAM.
I have made no edits or changes in the Config.xml other than my servers Name / Password for EQEMU and other minor changes directed for me to do via the setup guide.

The game runs very smoothly, but at random intervals a player connected to the server will lose the ability to interact with NPCs, doors, destroy items, and use commands (other than /exit).

Logging out with exit, and logging back in does not work.
Restarting the server works, but as the interval that causes the event seems random, this is an annoying measure.

I have rechecked the setup guide that I used, and am certain I have missed no steps.
I have recompiled just in case, and still have this issue.

Extremely strange portion of this, is that whenever it happens to a player, the folder that the EQ server is in opens up and takes priority.

I am not using the server computer for any other tasks, but have witnessed it occur while looking through the log files.

The clients that have all confirmed this issue are all using Titanium Edition.
I have looked through my logs, and unfortunately only two messages appear around the time of the issue.

[04.08. - 14:55:02] [CLIENT__NET_ERR] (Pname): Unhandled incoming opcode: [OpCode OP_WeaponEquip2 (0x63da) Size=8]

[04.08. - 14:55:02] [CLIENT__NET_ERR] (Pname): Unhandled incoming opcode: [OpCode OP_WeaponEquip1 (0x6c5e) Size=12]

I was curious / hoping someone might know if there is a fix or workaround, or if perhaps I did something that I shouldn't have.

If not then I would say this is most likely a bug.